ADVERTISEMENT

The new Point Break trailer.

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
Yeah, this is blasphemy at the highest level.

Someone is going to hell over this. Maybe several.

Reactions: kyfan606
Pisses me off. The original was great. Now we will have an influx of teenage retards who think of this film when they hear the title.

Hollywood is just slowly destroying everything awesome about the 80s and early 90s.

Actually looks good. The tragedy is they used the name "point break" and the characters names; but made an entirely different film. If it was to be so different why not call it something else? Then a small percentage of the population would no longer be upset.

Pretty weak cast compared to the original. According to IMDb, the plot has been changed. Bodie's gang is no longer robbing banks to fund a life of adrenaline filled pursuits. They are financial terrorists seeking to bring down world markets. Here goes Hollywood injecting politics into what was just a fun ride. The only improvement that I see is the stunt work. That part looks amazing.

Yeah, this is blasphemy at the highest level.

Someone is going to hell over this. Maybe several.

Well, Keanu Reeves is certainly replaceable, and they certainly can find someone hotter to play Tyler than butchy Lori Petty. However, no one, and I mean no one can match the brilliant performance of Patrick Swayze in his portrayal of Bodhi and there is only one Gary Busey out there. The original is a gold standard classic that can never be matched. Point Break was James Cameron's masterpiece.

Pretty weak cast compared to the original. According to IMDb, the plot has been changed. Bodie's gang is no longer robbing banks to fund a life of adrenaline filled pursuits. They are financial terrorists seeking to bring down world markets. Here goes Hollywood injecting politics into what was just a fun ride. The only improvement that I see is the stunt work. That part looks amazing.

Financial terrorist?? World markets?? Apparently the human spirit isn't still alive. Bodhi would say this new gang is only interested in getting radical and will never understand the spiritual enlightenment of being one with the sea.

Did he blow out his knee in the Sugar Bowl? Is he still an Eff Bee Eye Agent? Is Nick Nolte still looking for Scooby?
Actually, it was Gary Busey that was looking for Scooby but I always get those two mixed up. Both have distinctive voices and should likely be in a mental facility together.
teenworks2-garybusey.jpg

nick_nolte.jpg

Last edited:
Well, Keanu Reeves is certainly replaceable, and they certainly can find someone hotter to play Tyler than butchy Lori Petty. However, no one, and I mean no one can match the brilliant performance of Patrick Swayze in his portrayal of Bodhi and there is only one Gary Busey out there. The original is a gold standard classic that can never be matched. Point Break was James Cameron's masterpiece.
Well said. I still cant believe that Joe Pesci won over Swayze for best supporting actor that year. I dont think a greater travesty has ever been committed at Oscar (maybe the year Pheonix didnt win for Cash)

Well said. I still cant believe that Joe Pesci won over Swayze for best supporting actor that year. I dont think a greater travesty has ever been committed at Oscar (maybe the year Pheonix didnt win for Cash)

Forrest Gump over Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction for Best Picture is also a top 5 travesty.

I'm 30 and don't know what Point Break is.

It's a state of mind. It's that place where you lose yourself and you find yourself. You don't know it yet, but you got it -- it's right there. I see you on these boards, you're a pitbull, you don't hesitate and they don't back you down an inch -- and that is very rare in this world.

Point Break is my favorite movie of all time so this bothers me. Point Break had a great cast, a great director (eventual Oscar winner) and a fun movie that really worked for its time. And Hollywood has to crap on it.

They already remade Point Break 14 years ago. It was called The Fast and The Furious (same damn movie with cars instead of surfing).

Point Break was the first time gay people liked an action movie. It is very popular amongst the sausage swillers. There were a lot of Patrick Swayze poster licking going on for those poor impressionable mixed up teen angst afraid to approach women types. Turns out it turned them all fruit. Like a peach tree. Damnest thing I ever saw.

Point Break was the first time gay people liked an action movie. It is very popular amongst the sausage swillers. There were a lot of Patrick Swayze poster licking going on for those poor impressionable mixed up teen angst afraid to approach women types. Turns out it turned them all fruit. Like a peach tree. Damnest thing I ever saw.

hahaha- True, very true

The like totals some of you have is just stupid. There must be a huge circle-jerk going on somewhere around here. You must all just be in a big pile liking each other. Like, like, like as hard as you can click and lick. Sad and disturbing. I don't want to be liked. I want all of you to unlike me. Please, keep me out of whatever that oozing backslapping is. I am sure if you have more than 200 likes then you have an STD of some undiagnosed type. A couple of you have probably even been diagnosed but you just don't care. Spreading your little likes all over the place with no care in the world as to who it affects.

It's a state of mind. It's that place where you lose yourself and you find yourself. You don't know it yet, but you got it -- it's right there. I see you on these boards, you're a pitbull, you don't hesitate and they don't back you down an inch -- and that is very rare in this world.
You aren't going to start chanting are you?

The like totals some of you have is just stupid. There must be a huge circle-jerk going on somewhere around here. You must all just be in a big pile liking each other. Like, like, like as hard as you can click and lick. Sad and disturbing. I don't want to be liked. I want all of you to unlike me. Please, keep me out of whatever that oozing backslapping is. I am sure if you have more than 200 likes then you have an STD of some undiagnosed type. A couple of you have probably even been diagnosed but you just don't care. Spreading your little likes all over the place with no care in the world as to who it affects.

Lord_Crow is like this mechanism....Once you set him in motion he cannot stop....He has this gift of blankness

Are we going to jump or jerk off?

Where am I gonna go? There's cliffs on both sides. I'm not gonna paddle to New Zealand. My whole life has been about this moment, Johnny. C'mon compadre.

Vaya Con Dios

ADVERTISEMENT