ADVERTISEMENT

The list of Crystal Ball Predictions for remaining top players: (and other facts)

Originally posted by KnowsAllTellsAll:

Originally posted by caneintally:

Originally posted by Hoskins91:
I don't see getting Maker and Zimmerman. Lee, Poythress, and Skal are already on board, no way we get two more bigs. We really need another guard now, and it would be nice to get a legit small forward.
Ummmm we are definetly getting 2 more bigs , doesn't mean it will be Maker along with Zimmerman ( who is a lock ) but it will be Zimmerman and someone as we lost 4 bigs and while we still have Lee , Willis and Skal along with Poy ( who will play some SF ) we need another big Center like Zimmerman and another guy who can play both like Diallo or Maker .
So you need 6 post players? Skal and Lee and Poythress and say you add Zimmerman, that is a salty post rotation. I have read your posts for a long time, I think you think that "platooning" is going to be a Calipari norm going forward. Well, he pretty much abandoned it during the tournament.

Also, in another thread you offered up a bet for $100 to anyone who didn't believe your prediction that Kentucky would land two more stud bigs plus two of Newman, Brown and Ingram. Someone called you on that bet and you disappeared.

Go stand by your convictions.
I'm glad someone else noticed his posts. I'm the one who made the bet.

If Cal wants to have a 6-7 man rotation, I don't think he will sign two more bigs.

Right now we have three 5-star frontcourt players (Poythress, Lee, Labissiere).

We have two 5-star backcourt players (Ulis, Briscoe).

That's five players out of the 6-7. So we probably only sign two more,

I'd say we need another perimeter player and another post player.

Cal's two best teams seemed to follow that pattern:

2012 had three guards (Teague, Lamb, Miller) and four forwards (AD, MKG, Jones, and Wiltjer) for their top seven.

2014 had three guards (Twins, Young) and four forwards (Poythress, Randle, WCS, and Johnson) for their top seven.

Hopefully, we get Newman and Zimmerman and have a similar setup with three guards (Ulis, Newman, Briscoe) and four forwards (Poythress, Lee, Labissiere, and Zimmerman) in the top seven.

I cannot get Kansas period! Self has proven the last few years that he absolutely Sucks with high profile players. Why is that hard to see? He's like Pitino....great of doing well with a 3-star player but not 5 star players.

Coach K & Cal are the only 2 coaches I know of in the game right now that maximizes 5 stars in their year or 2 in college.

Updated Jaylen Brown - Went up from 36% to 38%

Updated Stephen Zimmerman - Went down to 24%

Updated.

Dropped down to 21% for Zimmerman.

St. John's has overtaken Kansas for Diallo, and UK dropped to 15%.

Originally posted by WACB:

Updated.

Dropped down to 21% for Zimmerman.

St. John's has overtaken Kansas for Diallo, and UK dropped to 15%.
WOuld be shocked if Diallo ends up anywhere other than St. John's with Mullin reeling in the top recruiter from him at Kentucky (Slice) and another school.

Originally posted by bucsrule8872:
If Cal wants to have a 6-7 man rotation, I don't think he will sign two more bigs....

2012 had three guards (Teague, Lamb, Miller) and four forwards (AD, MKG, Jones, and Wiltjer) for their top seven.

2014 had three guards (Twins, Young) and four forwards (Poythress, Randle, WCS, and Johnson) for their top seven.
First, agree with your first notion - I really do think Cal prefers to play 6 or 7 kids. I think his first team and this last one were dilemmas for him, simply had too many kids. We know - based on his words and his history - that by the time the NCAAT starts, he really wants to be down to a rotation of 7. Even this year, in the end DJ and Lee were getting minimal minutes.

But, second, how does any sentence that starts out with "Cal's two best teams..." not then include 2015?

Originally posted by Mojocat:
Originally posted by bucsrule8872:
If Cal wants to have a 6-7 man rotation, I don't think he will sign two more bigs....

First, agree with your first notion - I really do think Cal prefers to play 6 or 7 kids. I think his first team and this last one were dilemmas for him, simply had too many kids. We know - based on his words and his history - that by the time the NCAAT starts, he really wants to be down to a rotation of 7. Even this year, in the end DJ and Lee were getting minimal minutes.

But, second, how does any sentence that starts out with "Cal's two best teams..." not then include 2015?

I was excluding this past season, since it was a rotation anomaly.

I like how Slice used our enormous recruiting budget and resources to only court and then snag one of our top targets after he left for St. Johns, if it happens.
Diallo should've been hands off.

Originally posted by catlogic15:

I like how Slice used our enormous recruiting budget and resources to only court and then snag one of our top targets after he left for St. Johns, if it happens.
The same could be said of Cal when he left Memphis and brought Cousins and others here with him that were Memphis signees.

Originally posted by majgun:

Originally posted by catlogic15:

The same could be said of Cal when he left Memphis and brought Cousins and others here with him that were Memphis signees.
Exactly, it's dog-eat-dog. Pastner, himself, said he took a UK assistant position and immediately began to recruit players to UK, telling them how great Kentucky basketball was - then he got the Memphis job and had to try and recruit them to Memphis (after he had spent a week telling them how UK was top dog) - it happens.

Reactions: Gametown_baller
The problem is many of those people who made predictions is from several months ago. A lot can change from that time.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I take all of this with a couple grains of salt. Everyone thought Swanigan was going to Cal and Kennard was going to Kentucky. Until the players actually speak for themselves, nobody else really knows jack.

Originally posted by Blue Decade:
I take all of this with a couple grains of salt. Everyone thought Swanigan was going to Cal and Kennard was going to Kentucky. Until the players actually speak for themselves, nobody else really knows jack.
Noted, and we would be wise to also look at the obvious distancing from UK Newman has emphasized lately.

Originally posted by Son_Of_Saul:
Originally posted by Blue Decade:
Noted, and we would be wise to also look at the obvious distancing from UK Newman has emphasized lately.
Fans hang on every tweet and read way too much into these little quips. That's compulsion. I don't think Newman has emphasized anything out of the ordinary for this time of year. He is making a tough decision between becoming a big fish in a little pond at an unsuccessful program, or becoming a team player at an elite program. Newman is looking at all the angles, but I don't think he has tipped his hand. I clearly remember Tayshaun Prince, Terrance Jones, and Nerlens Noel saying things that convinced everyone they were going somewhere else. Kennard and Blackmon dreamed of playing for Kentucky right up until they committed to Duke and Indiana. Until Newman commits, it's just gossip. I am not in the camp that believes Newman is a must get. I would like to get him, but next year's team can be very good with Mulder and Diallo, or with Brown and Maker.

Updated.

Quite a bit of movement all over. Miss St now leads for Newman.

Bragg is not a 3

He is not a 3 just like Lyles is not a 3 but both are most certainly capable of playing the 3. Most I the games I have watched Bragg play in (not on tv but live real games) he was floating around all over the peremiter and was very effective. He has terrific vision and can thread the needle to the bigs down low if their is a seem to get the ball through.
He also brought the ball up the court many times and initiated the offense.
His size may scream 4 but his play says he is versatile and can play more than one position. He is a damn good player and deserving of his ranking and we would have been lucky to have him if we pushed for him like Self was doing. Self was on him like a fly on a turd at his games.
It's going to be interesting to see how they play Ellis and him at the same time, as you notice they are recruiting Diallo hard too. So you know they are going to have those 3 on the court at the same time so who do you think is going to play the 3 of that bunch? Certainly not Diallo or Ellis.

Where did these predictions come from?

magic-eight-ball-ask-again-later-photo-researchers-inc.jpg

Michigan has all the momentum for Brown after news broke that UCLA has been cut.

Murray and Brown together would be awesome.

Starters
G Ulis
G Murray
F Brown
F Poythress
F Labissiere

Key Reserves
G Briscoe
F Lee

Exactly, it's dog-eat-dog. Pastner, himself, said he took a UK assistant position and immediately began to recruit players to UK, telling them how great Kentucky basketball was - then he got the Memphis job and had to try and recruit them to Memphis (after he had spent a week telling them how UK was top dog) - it happens.
<<<< >>>>

? pastner was never at uk. or am i misreading?

ADVERTISEMENT