ADVERTISEMENT

The list of Crystal Ball Predictions for remaining top players: (and other facts)

WACB

Senior
Nov 16, 2009
SG - Jamal Murray
- Kentucky: 50%
- Oregon: 28%
- Syracuse: 11%
- Michigan St: 6%
- Duke: 6%

C - Thon Maker
- Arizona St: 48%
10px-Green_Arrow_Up.svg.png

- Kentucky: 19%
Red_Arrow_Down_Small.png

- Kansas: 19%
- Indiana: 5%

Last edited:
Reactions: dorkmeister
If all those favorites hold up, Kentucky will be in the thick of things again next March/April.

Still trying to figure out Diallo and KU...

Bragg and Ellis are PF's....

Bragg could play the 3 if he wanted too, he is very capable on the permiter and is an excellent passer. Diallo is much more a down low guy than Bragg.

I don't see getting Maker and Zimmerman. Lee, Poythress, and Skal are already on board, no way we get two more bigs. We really need another guard now, and it would be nice to get a legit small forward.

Maker will probably be overseas, though out of the remaining bugs I'd love to have him. Also, he's having problems qualifying. Dialo, says he's waiting to see who turns pro. To me, that's he's waiting to see what's going on at Kentucky. I believe we get Big Zimm and Dialo

Maker already said he isn't going overseas. Reason I'm not so sure about him is the fact he seems he is content where he is. He knows he's a top player in college basketball if he comes, but doesn't seem to want to make the jump. Read something where he wants to continue to play with his brother and may not come out til the 2nd semester. If that's the case, I hope Cal can persuade Diallo to come. Love the kids size and motor.

Would prefer Newman, Zimmerman, and either Brown or Ingram since we'll only end up with 3 at most. With Zimmerman we'd have Poy, Skal, Lee, and Zimm manning the 4 and 5. Maker wouldn't help us out nearly as much as Brown or Ingram since they are true 3s.

No way we get Zimmerman and Maker unless Cal has them convinced of the platoon system again. We need another wing and we desperately need a 6-6/6-7 guy to play the wing or else we're going to be looking at small lineups for the 1-3 spots.

That being said, if Cal can land Zimmerman AND Maker to go along with Labissiere, then that would be the frontcourt recruiting coup of the century.

Originally posted by RondoBaller21:

UK gets:
Newman
Diallo or Maker
Zimmerman
Brown or Ingram
No disrespect but this isn't going to happen. We'll most likely sign two more recruits. Three is doubtful. That's not a bad thing at all but I'd say Cal gets two more.

Originally posted by CHAMPCAT11:

UK gets:
Newman
Diallo or Maker
Zimmerman
Brown or Ingram
No disrespect but this isn't going to happen. We'll most likely sign two more recruits. Three is doubtful. That's not a bad thing at all but I'd say Cal gets two more.
Newman
Zimmerman
Grad transfer

Kentucky is going to add three more before it's all said and done.

Originally posted by Son_Of_Saul:

Originally posted by CHAMPCAT11:

UK gets:
Newman
Diallo or Maker
Zimmerman
Brown or Ingram
Newman
Zimmerman
Grad transfer

Kentucky is going to add three more before it's all said and done.
We may get more than 3. Cal said he wanted to put 8 in the nba at the start of the season. It is not like they have not been planning this for awhile? A whole year telling recruits, he was going to put 8 in the league. Think about that for a little bit. GBB

Originally posted by Hoskins91:
I don't see getting Maker and Zimmerman. Lee, Poythress, and Skal are already on board, no way we get two more bigs. We really need another guard now, and it would be nice to get a legit small forward.
Ummmm we are definetly getting 2 more bigs , doesn't mean it will be Maker along with Zimmerman ( who is a lock ) but it will be Zimmerman and someone as we lost 4 bigs and while we still have Lee , Willis and Skal along with Poy ( who will play some SF ) we need another big Center like Zimmerman and another guy who can play both like Diallo or Maker .

Lol at the people who say we cant get this player and this player etc..... GIVE ME A BREAK WE ARE UK AND WE HAVE CAL AS A COACH. Look at our former rosters and talent? I mean really if Cal wanted them bad enough I like our chances period.

Originally posted by buckkiller:
Lol at the people who say we cant get this player and this player etc..... GIVE ME A BREAK WE ARE UK AND WE HAVE CAL AS A COACH. Look at our former rosters and talent? I mean really if Cal wanted them bad enough I like our chances period.
Cal gets MOSTLY who he wants but not everone (remember Wiggins?) ANd Duke has gotten the top player in the class the last 2 years.

We're going o be OK no matter what!

Originally posted by no_neutrality:
Originally posted by buckkiller:
Cal gets MOSTLY who he wants but not everone (remember Wiggins?) ANd Duke has gotten the top player in the class the last 2 years.

We're going o be OK no matter what!
Duke has four freshmen AA, are anyone of those going to put their name in the NBA draft? Dook's other AA, must be juniors or seniors, so he usually don't get his AA's there fast...

Poy is going to play 3/4 position.

I'd say we need a pure 3 and a serious 3 point threat. It starts to get pretty loaded back court with Newman. He is a luxury rather than a need.

Originally posted by wromanp7:

Originally posted by Dream Team 13:

It starts to get pretty loaded back court with Newman. He is a luxury rather than a need.
Huh? Ulis and Hawkins is pretty loaded?
Why does everybody forget about Matthews, he was a top 15 recruit before he got hurt.

Didn't forget. I just don't consider Matthews anything but a SF.
And if we are lumping SF into back court, it's the same question.

Ulis
Brims or
Hawkins
Matthews

That's loaded? Newman is a luxury??

Spare me POY and Willis. They are not SF's. Even if they get time there doesn't mean their well suited for it.

My ONLY point is we are not currently "pretty loaded" in the back court. Though Cal will get it done.

This post was edited on 4/11 9:19 AM by wromanp7

Matthews is listed as a 6-5 shooting guard, and is the reason we didn't get Luke Kennard, who is a shooting guard.
Originally posted by wromanp7:
Didn't forget. I just don't consider Matthews anything but a SF.
And if we are lumping SF into back court, it's the same question.

Ulis
Brims or
Hawkins
Matthews

That's loaded? Newman is a luxury??

Spare me POY and Willis. They are not SF's. Even if they get time there doesn't mean their well suited for it.

My ONLY point is we are not currently "pretty loaded" in the back court. Though Cal will get it done.

This post was edited on 4/11 9:19 AM by wromanp7

Originally posted by caneintally:

Ummmm we are definetly getting 2 more bigs , doesn't mean it will be Maker along with Zimmerman ( who is a lock ) but it will be Zimmerman and someone as we lost 4 bigs and while we still have Lee , Willis and Skal along with Poy ( who will play some SF ) we need another big Center like Zimmerman and another guy who can play both like Diallo or Maker .
So you need 6 post players? Skal and Lee and Poythress and say you add Zimmerman, that is a salty post rotation. I have read your posts for a long time, I think you think that "platooning" is going to be a Calipari norm going forward. Well, he pretty much abandoned it during the tournament.

Also, in another thread you offered up a bet for $100 to anyone who didn't believe your prediction that Kentucky would land two more stud bigs plus two of Newman, Brown and Ingram. Someone called you on that bet and you disappeared.

Go stand by your convictions.

Last season, we had Dakari, WCS, Lee, and Poythress already on board and we signed KAT (#2 Center) and Trey Lyles (#3 Power Forward).

Signing 2 bigs could definitely happen.

The 2 most likely would be Zimmerman and either Maker/Diallo.

Give me Zimmerman and Diallo and I'd be ecstatic.

Originally posted by WACB:
Updated Zimmerman again. He's trending toward UNLV.
Not saying he doesn't end up somewhere else, but within the span of the last few days they've had Kentucky trailing behind UNLV and Arizona, UK trending and leading for him, and UNLV leading again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT