ADVERTISEMENT

The large $Boosters

Wait, we’re last in the SEC and have terrible NIL according to this board but we have nameless large boosters who is gonna decide if Cal goes or stays? We make $160 million in revenue but these nameless boosters who can’t even keep our NIL out of the gutter has all this power? Something isn’t adding up.

Then why hasn't he said so publicly? Why allow all of the rumors and speculation to continue?
Because, Cal and Mitch haven't met yet. (Matt Jones and David Sisk have confirmed this). Besides, I think that is something that should be discussed privately first.

Reactions: NociHTTP
slurp-fest.png

Rumor has it, that Cal and most of the large traditional boosters do not speak. As they said on KSR this morning, Kentucky basketball is on an Island by itself, and that seems to be the way Cal wants it.

Money talks and it hasn't talked yet. UK's athletic budget isn't getting hit that hard so these boosters are still giving.

Likely the same reason he didn’t say Mark Stoops, Nick Mingione, Lonnie Greene, Rachel Lawson, Tim Garrison, Gator Todd, Harry Mullins, or any of the other head coaches are returning.
When the national media is running stories that Cal will be shown the door, those statements need to be addressed by Mitch if they are false. It can damage the program and run off some recruits.

The only thing that Mitch would say during this meeting would be this, if of course he had some balls:

gtfo-arigold.gif

• Love
Reactions: Fox2monk
This is simply not true. The larger(top 10) boosters are closer to Cal than they have been in years for the most part and are (mostly) supportive of him staying (For varios reasons). There really isn’t an option as firing him would set all sports, including basketball, back given the financial burden. Mitch did what was best for the university and athletic program, which is his job, so I have no issue with the decision. I get the negatives, but we are where we are so I agree come together and support the program. Another year of negative posts and fighting wont help anyone on here, the players or the team as a whole.

This is simply not true. The larger(top 10) boosters are closer to Cal than they have been in years for the most part and are (mostly) supportive of him staying (For varios reasons). There really isn’t an option as firing him would set all sports, including basketball, back given the financial burden. Mitch did what was best for the university and athletic program, which is his job, so I have no issue with the decision. I get the negatives, but we are where we are so I agree come together and support the program. Another year of negative posts and fighting wont help anyone on here, the players or the team as a whole.
I have no clue who all of the top 10 boosters are but guessing the Crafts are one of them. It been mentioned on KSR several times the last few years that Cal has alienated himself and the Crafts were once close but no longer are.

Sad Oh No GIF by G2 Esports

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT