ADVERTISEMENT

(The Jamal Murray thread) Team USA vs Team Canada @ 6:00 pm

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
15 minutes until tip. Time to see how Murray does against some of the best of his peers in Melo Trimble, Ron Baker, and the veteran guards ahead of them.
Bear in mind, Melo Trimble is projected to be an All-American, and Ron Baker is known as one of the best shooting guards in the country. Curious to see how this goes.

I'll be refreshing the hell out of this thread. Don't let a fellow Cats fan down, guys.

I'd be very surprised if Murray and Canada do not win. This USA team is pretty unimpressive, although we sent some bizarre hodgepodge of a team over there.

I think if you had took some of the best returning players/incoming frosh from UK, Duke, Wisconsin and MSU (the final four teams) it may have done better...but who knows. I'd certainly enjoy watching that team more than this one.

Murray not in yet. Should see the floor in the next 3 minutes.

End of the first quarter. Nothing of note going on yet.

Murray has not got that involved so far. It is a pretty good, competitive, somewhat well played game so far.

Murray out of the game, just headed to the locker room. Didn't see anything happen to him, but I'm not sure.

Murray doesn't appear to be hunting his shot. I know he's not that type of player, but I'd like to see him go at the rim and/or hit the pull up 15-18 footer.

Whats up with locker room business??

He's out now, but he's not going to play until the start of the second half at least. Had to get his wrist taped up.

Edit: Nevermind, he'll play these next 36 seconds.

With Murray out and Bennett not being very effective you have to figure the USA may be able to take advantage and pull this out.

And as I typed this Murray is ready to check in again...so guess the wrist thing is not too serious. That is great news.

Murray comes out, grabs a rebound, scores in transition. Goes back in transition a second time, gets to the line and knocks down 2.

The announcer said something a game or two ago about one of the coaches saying Murray needed to get his teammates involved as well, and he has taken that to heart I guess. He passes off and rarely touches it again until the next possession. Only two shots so far other than that Hail Mary at the buzzer. Both running layups that were altered or blocked.

He has a lot of teammates that are used to scoring so they don't seem to be interested in setting Murray up either.

Knocks down a 3 for the lead!! Kid is tough and damn good!! Another one!!

ADVERTISEMENT