ADVERTISEMENT

The Guitar Thread

Wouldn't mind making love to my guitar, but the hole is too small
smokin.gif

Jimmy Page
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Reactions: argubs2
Finger style guitar is my passion. Good choices in here already.

German dude named Peter Finger- "Wishbone Ash"

Former finger style champion Bill Mize with one of my favorite pieces ever called "The Road Scholar." Slow to start, but it builds nicely.

Andy Key with a cover of Don Ross' 'Tight Trite Night"

A random guy covering Preston Reed's "Hijacker." It's a good cover, but the recorded volume is very low.

This stuff is friggin' incredible, could listen to it all day.

As a young lad, I somehow stumbled across these three individually....Di Meola through Return to Forever, McLaughlin through Miles' records, and Paco just from being Paco.

I creamed my jeans when I realized they played these acoustic sets together. A lot more good stuff out there on the YouTuber.

It was actually about 12 hrs later. Just want to make sure we clarify the strength of my death touch.

After the B.B. news this morning, I'm really not in the killing mood. Maybe I'll give it a go next week.....but I'm going to think of someone more heinous than some washed up, now-irrelevant twink boi.

The king of modern flamenco + only two of the baddest guitarists to ever walk the planet.

Di Meola's solo in this vid is nasty. 4:25

have that cd in my car. bought the original and several more since then. worked with a guy in cincy around '80 who turned me on to al. been a fan ever since.

"Danny Gatton was a players' guitar player, hailed by both Rolling Stone and Guitar Player as the greatest unknown guitarist anywhere. His legend has only grown since his untimely suicide in 1994, along with appreciation for his blinding speed, effortless genre-hopping, flawless technique, and never-ending appetite for tinkering and problem-solving. Danny Gatton comes closer than anyone else to being the best guitar player that ever lived." - Steve Vai

"Danny Gatton was a players' guitar player, hailed by both Rolling Stone and Guitar Player as the greatest unknown guitarist anywhere. His legend has only grown since his untimely suicide in 1994, along with appreciation for his blinding speed, effortless genre-hopping, flawless technique, and never-ending appetite for tinkering and problem-solving. Danny Gatton comes closer than anyone else to being the best guitar player that ever lived." - Steve Vai

Truly a great. As someone who was never big into rockabilly / country, Danny is one of the guys I have heavy exposure to in those genres simply because of his virtuosity. Put down some phenomenal jazz recordings also.

He also helped grow Joe Bonamassa. If you need something to get you through about a half an hour, this podcast (which is actually used as a source on Gatton's Wiki page) is Joe reminiscing about him and playing some of his stuff. Great podcast.

Truly a great. As someone who was never big into rockabilly / country, Danny is one of the guys I have heavy exposure to in those genres simply because of his virtuosity. Put down some phenomenal jazz recordings also.

He also helped grow Joe Bonamassa. If you need something to get you through about a half an hour, this podcast (which is actually used as a source on Gatton's Wiki page) is Joe reminiscing about him and playing some of his stuff. Great podcast.

Have not heard that particular podcast, but there are several YouTube clips with Joe B talking about Danny Gatton.

If you have not heard of him, look up Johnny Hiland, he does mostly country. But he can play a plethora of styles. Monster........

ADVERTISEMENT