ADVERTISEMENT

The Drop Report - Vandy Pick 6 Thesis

Rockford

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
Owensboro, KY
Drop Report Vandy Pick 6 Thesis Edition

Settle in folks.... this one is a doosey.

Vandy
1st Qtr 13:46 2 & 9 #4 Thurston “Duke” Howell VIII…….Too Hot, In Front, In The Flat….. UNAPPEALABLE RULING: Hot Flat Hot Drop #1

UK
2nd Qtr 5:03 2 & 10 #7 Brown…. Hand Bounce Off…… UNAPPEALABLE RULING: Too Much In The Hands Drop #1

Vandy
2nd Qtr 3:02 2 & 9 #6 Sylvester (The Anchor Dropper) J. J., I say, I say son, J.Johnson LVII …….Gonna Hurt Anyway, You Might As Well Catch It…. UNAPPEALABLE RULING: Anchors Away Drop #2

Thought it was going to be a Not Too Much of a Drop Report, but then…. The Third Quarter Drop Quarter Happened

UK 3rd Qtr 14:50 2 & 10 #6 Key….. Just 10 seconds in… a Harbinger of Drops to Come...... The old “It Takes Two Hands To Drop A Ball”… UNAPPEALABLE RULING: Little Did We Know What Was Coming Drop #2

UK
3rd Qtr 14:45 3 & 10 #85 Dingle….. Just 5 seconds later… “It Takes A Village to Keep Dropping Passes” Drop…..somehow he was just able to reach up and deflect this one with both hands… UNAPPEALABLE RULING: A Self PBU…What In The Drop Report Is A Going On Here Drop #3

Vandy
3rd Qtr 13:55 2 & 11 #11 Andrew “Nerd Bro” Carnegie Mellencamp XXIII… with hindsight, it’s a game wide Drop Pandemic…… a little behind but still dude, do the mid air calculus (you’re at Vandy!) and hang onto it… UNAPPEALABLE RULING: Behind A Nerd (very common at Vandy) Drop #3

Vandy
3rd Qtr 11:35 2 & 7 #7 Cornelius J. J. Astor Neidermeyer Pierpont XII (they call him “Corney” at the Tenn River Yacht Club) …. Recipient of the Commodore Vanderbilt Memorial Golden Repeat Offender Double Drop Citation with Falling Leaves Cluster in a Losing Effort (you have to pick it off the floor at the ceremony) … UNAPPEALABLE RULING: Awww Hell, It Was a PBU Actually, but Couldn’t Pass The Comment Up

UK 3rd Qtr 1:00 downs 1 and 2… distance: MASSIVE… #13 and #75 (names withheld in the name of decency) Not a pass drop but a new category of How in the Hell Did This Happen Drops….a back to back, Snap Drop and Trip Drop … UNAPPEALABLE RULING: How Can a D1 Team Actually F’ing Do This… The Honorable Double Cluster F*** Citation, Awarded by the Ghost of Morgan Newton….. (you have to fall down twice on the walk up to accept this honor)

A positive note… Eli Cox unoffically credited with his first career sack on the dark web stat site

(We shall never speak of this thing again)

Kentucky 3rd Qtr 10:00 3 & 20 #7 Brown…. Doesn’t Really Matter, We Are Punting Anyway…….After Official Ad Hoc Committee Review, he got his shoulders square, both hands on it……so, dang it….. UNAPPEALABLE RULING: Yet Another 3rd Quarter Drop Pandemic Drop #4

UK
3rd Qtr 9:00 down and distance (and stardate) : Unknown…. #54 D. Jackson… NOT A DROP INTERCEPTION!!!!! UNAPPEALABLE RULING: Put this guy on offense… POST HASTE

Vandy 3rd Qtr 2:02 3 & 5 #14 J.P. “Rocky” Morganfeller (aka Rocky Drop)….oh no, the dreaded third down drive killing drop…. He slanted, he dropped… UNAPPEALABLE RULING: Slant Drop Alert #4

4th quarter
….. and just like that…. The Drop Vaccine arrives, both teams shoot up during the quarter break and it’s mercifully over. (Either that or I ran out of paper)

Except for me… after the Key TD/Head Patting play, I dropped a fruit snack while switching from bag to hand……..UNAPPEALABLE RULING: Penalty Declined, Five Second Rule Applied

QB Stats
UK 15/29 52%. Vandy 16/40 40% first time this season we’ve had the better % in a game
Season UK 73/124 59% Opponent 86/140 61%

Drops UK 4 Vandy 4
Season Drops. UK 10... 7% (Gawd Awful) Opponent 8 for 5.7%

If you have read this far, may the spirits of Adolph Rupp and Bear Bryant bless you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News