ADVERTISEMENT

The Dead's last 3 shows

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
Anyone in Chicago this weekend going to any of them? The Cinemark is showing all of them. I just got tickets for the final show Sunday night. I've never seen a concert in a theater but it should be interesting.

With Jerry being dead it seems a lot like seeing the Stones without Mick Jagger.

They kind of sucked anyway. It would be a cool event to attend though.

I went to see them once in high school. Turns out it was one of Garcia's last shows as he died a few months later. It was an experience, I'll say that. I bought my first beer in the parking lot of that show. Some red-haired hippie sold me a $3 Heineken. I'll never forget it.

I wasn't a big fan of theirs, but they ended the show with "The Weight" from The Band - it's my favorite song. I looked up that show today and was able to listen to the concert in full. Pretty cool.

Good luck OP, I hope to see Keith Richards when he is a cyborg in 2025.

Seriously tho, I was listening to radio where Trey Anatasia hippie dude is all stressed because he has to learn a bunch of Dead songs for the tour. Is Trey doing the Dead tour?

I'll be at the Sunday show! Can't wait. Watched the 2 SC shows. Glad they got Trey.
I'm jealous. Have fun!!!!

I get the whole No Jerry thing but it should still be a really, really good show. If nothing else just for nostalgic reasons. I saw them 8 times with Jerry and have never seen any of them since he died.

I came up for the shows. Last night was fantastic. I streamed the California shows and thought they sounded sloppy so I was a little concerned about Chicago. Not anymore. Trey kicked ass last night. There's a great Scarlet Begonias that's already on YouTube. Let It Grow smoked too.

Massive, massive crowd here. There had to be over 100,000 people around the stadium last night and there's Dead shirts and stickers all over the city. Crazy scene.

Bill Walton approves of this thread.

imrs.php

No Unbroken Chain. Hopefully Phil's singing is kept to a minimum.

7/3/2015
Soldier's Field
Chicago, IL.

Set I
Box of Rain
Jack Straw {all}
Bertha(TA)
Passenger (
The Wheel> (all)
Crazy Fingers(TA)>
The Music Never Stopped (Bob)

Set II