The 3 years too early discussion

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
I'm going to throw out 2 names.

Marvin Bagley (power forward)
Jaedon LeDee (point guard)

If nobody has seen these 2 kids play, you're really, really missing out. Calipari made the right move recruiting these 2 kids 3 years in advance. If both come to UK, the national championship is all locked up
I know that they're only mixtapes, but I want everybody who watches to consider the size of these 2 kids, how well they play, and the fact that they're both only 15 years old.
Oh, and Jaedon LeDee averaged 50 ppg in the 8th grade in Houston, TX. There's that too.
Both videos are below.

Also, it seems that Calipari is also recruiting Naz Reid (A freshman power forward). This one is newsworthy because it's another elite player from the 2018 class, who is from New Jersey (which we typically recruit very, very well). The big kicker for this kid, he plays for Isaiah Briscoe's high school team, Roselle Catholic.

I don't want talent overshadowing what's important , will grown men get to develop a relationship via television with a teenager if they only stay one year ?

Reactions: CELTICAT and Jkwo
Marvin Bagley is ridiculous. There's almost no question about him. There's also little question that LeDee is a stud...but, there are some questions. I'm not sure I buy that he's 6'7", and while the skill-level (and physique- he looks like a college player right now) is superb, the athletic ability doesn't jump out. If he's really intent on playing PG, he's going to run into a lot of guys who are quicker than him. He might end up as a potential All-American freshman type, but I don't think it's a sure thing.

One thing to watch with both guys is if they make the USA 16 and under team, and then how they play if they do (something that is coming up quickly- the FIBA 16 and under tourney is June 10-14, and the camp/tryouts starts tomorrow). LeDee was not an original invite, but they added 6 guys last week, and he was one of those (full roster here, worth looking at because USA Basketball makes a concerted effort to identify the best of the best 15 and 16 year olds, and get them involved with international play as early as possible). If Bagley and LeDee make the team and play well, that's a really strong sign that they're uber-special, beyond the normal 5 star recruit.

Marvin Bagley is ridiculous. There's almost no question about him. There's also little question that LeDee is a stud...but, there are some questions. I'm not sure I buy that he's 6'7", and while the skill-level (and physique- he looks like a college player right now) is superb, the athletic ability doesn't jump out. If he's really intent on playing PG, he's going to run into a lot of guys who are quicker than him. He might end up as a potential All-American freshman type, but I don't think it's a sure thing.

One thing to watch with both guys is if they make the USA 16 and under team, and then how they play if they do (something that is coming up quickly- the FIBA 16 and under tourney is June 10-14, and the camp/tryouts starts tomorrow). LeDee was not an original invite, but they added 6 guys last week, and he was one of those (full roster here, worth looking at because USA Basketball makes a concerted effort to identify the best of the best 15 and 16 year olds, and get them involved with international play as early as possible). If Bagley and LeDee make the team and play well, that's a really strong sign that they're uber-special, beyond the normal 5 star recruit.

I have little doubt that Bagley is an uber talent. LeDee may not blow anybody away with athleticism, but he has 3 more years before college to at least improve his athleticism and strength, and he plays a very sound style of basketball. Does all of the things that you want a player to do.
Bagley is a must-get though.

I have little doubt that Bagley is an uber talent. LeDee may not blow anybody away with athleticism, but he has 3 more years before college to at least improve his athleticism and strength, and he plays a very sound style of basketball. Does all of the things that you want a player to do.
Bagley is a must-get though.

Thanks Rhavicc. That is some awesome potential and talent.

LeDee is a legit 6'7" and could end up being a 6'9"- 6'10" guard/wing. I don't think he needs to have anything but average (maybe slightly above) athleticism with that height and length. I like the new approach from Cal. He's identifying the can't miss prospects and hitting em hard early.

Also, it seems that Calipari is also recruiting Naz Reid (A freshman power forward). This one is newsworthy because it's another elite player from the 2018 class, who is from New Jersey (which we typically recruit very, very well). The big kicker for this kid, he plays for Isaiah Briscoe's high school team, Roselle Catholic.

Naz Reid reminds a little of D. J.

LeDee is a legit 6'7" and could end up being a 6'9"- 6'10" guard/wing. I don't think he needs to have anything but average (maybe slightly above) athleticism with that height and length. I like the new approach from Cal. He's identifying the can't miss prospects and hitting em hard early.
I think Ledee is even smoother than Tatum was at the same age. Seems to have UK in his DNA. Here's to it staying that way.

I saw a mixtape of LeDee a little while back and in it he definitely didn't look 6'7". Maybe the clips were prior to a growth spurt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT