ADVERTISEMENT

Tevin Mack

miracle7s

Senior
Mar 23, 2005
can someone please explain why we are offering guys like Mulder and Kirk and not Tevin? He's 5x the player either of those guys are. kid is a deadly scorer, great shooter with NBA range and most importantly a 6'7 SF. I've seen him play a few times and while he's rated in the top 50 he is one of those kids who could end up being a lottery pick. He's still growing into his game, but man plays like Darius Miller but he is a better shooter and ball handler but isn't the explosive athlete Darius was. Love his game and we need to be on this guy.

He's a great player and would finish out our class PERFECTLY. Think he's either Texas or South Carolina bound, though.

well evidently your idea of what kind of player mack is must be entirely opposite of coach cals.....and I trust his decision a lot more than yours. if he was truly 5 times the player then wouldn't you think all the top major schools would be chasing him.

Mulder is a good, athletic player that fills a need. I wouldn't say that Mack is "5x the player he is."

Don't know why we've offered Kirk other than just wanting an extra athletic body in practice. Have no clue why we never got in on Mack.

Many times when we are not high on a great prospect it has to do with some type of issue not related to basketball. It could be he's told us he has no interest in us or could be grades or could be a me guy or any number of reasons. I trust Cal and Sandy Bell totally.

he was committed to VCU until Shaka left and he got out of his LOI. He has no attitude or off court issues of any kind that I've ever heard of. I understand we aren't on him because we never really recruit players of his ilk generally and he's only opened up like I said because of Smart leaving but my god, Mulder didn't start at Vincennes junior college, Kirk is ranked 100 spots lower than he is and isn't anywhere near the skilled player that Mack is, I'm just saying if we are throwing schollies at guys we never recruited until the last few days throw one at him see if he bites. Couldn't hurt.

can someone please explain why we are offering guys like Mulder and Kirk and not Tevin? He's 5x the player either of those guys are. kid is a deadly scorer, great shooter with NBA range and most importantly a 6'7 SF. I've seen him play a few times and while he's rated in the top 50 he is one of those kids who could end up being a lottery pick. He's still growing into his game, but man plays like Darius Miller but he is a better shooter and ball handler but isn't the explosive athlete Darius was. Love his game and we need to be on this guy.
Probably because UK doesn't have relationships in South Carolina that I know of. We were involved with SFs Ingram, Brown, Smith, Jones and Bragg, all rated higher than Mack. Unfortunately they didn't pick UK.

Mulder didn't start a handful of games but did start the vast majority for the best JC in the country. Kirk on the other hand doesn't make sense. I'm not a huge fan of emphasizing athletics over basketball skills.

Last edited:
He's a great player and would finish out our class PERFECTLY. Think he's either Texas or South Carolina bound, though.
No idea why Cal hasn't looked into him. I just saw on one of the recruiting sites he's been getting recruited by ku since Shaka bolted, and could be taking an unofficial visit.

Seems like the kid is a baller, and a bit underrated? Could be a great get as opposed to the guys mentioned above. Kinda puzzling.

aren't all over him because we are scrambling. need to get on these guys with interest early, and then reconnect if the situation fits. The guy will for sure be a good multi year player and offers shooting with decent size and athleticism.

aren't all over him because we are scrambling. need to get on these guys with interest early, and then reconnect if the situation fits. The guy will for sure be a good multi year player and offers shooting with decent size and athleticism.
Mulder didn't start a handful of games but did start the vast majority for the best JC in the country. Kirk on the other hand doesn't make sense. I'm not a huge fan of emphasizing athletics over basketball skills.

Right now UK doesn't have enough players to have a 10 man practice! Cal may add some walk-ons later. We will be fine. I never thought we would land Brown. Diallo I'm not sure of either. Have to wait it out. Cal has taken us to an elite eight 4 of the last 5 final fours and one of those was our Eight National Championship.

I have no idea why we havent at least reached out to this kid. He is a 4 star talent though and may be sticking with schools/coaches that have been recruiting him for a couple of years. Possibly KU had some contact with him before. I would much rather see Cal reaching out to a top 50 ish 4 star true SF than some of the other prospects that have been mentioned (like Dazon Ingram/Shaun Kirk). I have abolutely no Problem with us taking Mulder with his shooting ability, but if we could get a true SF, that would be huge.

Cal hasn't shown interest in Mack because he doesn't want to scare off the elite 2016 SF's. This is why Cal has offered Mulder and Kirk, neither will keep a big time player from coming next season.

We will have a monster class next year.

I don't think Cal owes you, or anyone else, an explanation on who he recruits or why he recruits them. I guess having 5 of the last 6 recruiting classes ranked #1 is not good enough for you? Let the man do his job. He's probably the greatest recruiter of all time and you're questioning how he recruits. Come on. Put your big boy panties on and chill out.

I'm surprised Cal hasn't called some posters here for imput,some seem to understand about recruiting more than Cal..Just maybe Slice's replacement will come from the rafters.

Reactions: BlueVoodoo

Cal watched Team Loaded in Indianapolis this past weekend (2 elite players in 2016 play on that team), and Kirk stood out. In high school (in North Carolina), Kirk averaged 18 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 blocks (yes, 5 blocks) per game last season. He played well in Texas, and played well in Indianapolis when Cal watched him, so, Cal offered. Also a 6'7, 190# freak athlete with a comfortable 3 point shot. The Kirk offer makes sense to me.

I thought the same thing about a week or so ago, but from what I've read, seems the kid is probably going to end up at Texas and follow Shaka Smart, but I'm sure if Cal offered the kid, he'd at least entertain the idea of coming to UK.

That being said, I trust Cal.

Cal watched Team Loaded in Indianapolis this past weekend (2 elite players in 2016 play on that team), and Kirk stood out. In high school (in North Carolina), Kirk averaged 18 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 blocks (yes, 5 blocks) per game last season. He played well in Texas, and played well in Indianapolis when Cal watched him, so, Cal offered. Also a 6'7, 190# freak athlete with a comfortable 3 point shot. The Kirk offer makes sense to me.
. That's fair. I was basing the original statement off of others posters description of a "busted shot and only can dunk". After watching some clips of his 37 point game, he is a much more complete player than I initially thought and has a lot more basketball skill than others are portraying. That I'm ok with and think it would be a solid 3 year pickup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT