ADVERTISEMENT

Tayvion Galloway

Galloway reportedly holds at least seven SEC (including UK) and six B10 offers. Coach Marrow is his UK recruiter. He is a 6'5" 230# TE prospect from Chillicothe, OH. Considered a top 5 overall prospect in the 2024 class inside the state of OH. FWIW, I don't know if UK is still recruiting him and don't see any public indications that he might end up at UK. Just guessing he probably ends up somewhere in the B10. As far as I can tell, he hasn't scheduled any OVs.

They don't seem intetested. I dont go on their board but heard their insiders said they weren't going to pursue him. LSU insiders said they told him to pursue other options. If UK can pull Witten and Rodriguez, I dont think they will be interested either
Agree. There is no public evidence that Galloway has an offer from OH St. Ryan Day took a commitment from 2024 TE Max LeBlanc out of Chattanooga.

Any chance we get back involved with this kid since Witten committed to OSU? I know there was talk that we're wanting two TE's this class.

There is no public evidence that UK is still recruiting Galloway. Purdue and UCF are. From what I gather, Coach Marrow is very happy with Willie Rodriguez, and we have a very full TE room. What our coaches like about Rodriguez seems to be physical strength, athleticism, and motor. Sort of a classic Stoops/Marrow checklist.

There is no public evidence that UK is still recruiting Galloway. Purdue and UCF are. From what I gather, Coach Marrow is very happy with Willie Rodriguez, and we have a very full TE room. What our coaches like about Rodriguez seems to be physical strength, athleticism, and motor. Sort of a classic Stoops/Marrow checklist.
They certainly would have taken Witten to be that hybrid TE to pair with Rod, but I agree that there is no need to take risks in that room. Patching holes with the portal makes more sense than taking Galloway, if he is a risk.

Reactions: The-Hack
They certainly would have taken Witten to be that hybrid TE to pair with Rod, but I agree that there is no need to take risks in that room. Patching holes with the portal makes more sense than taking Galloway, if he is a risk.
Generally agree. For one thing, Witten and Galloway are different players. I don't have inside information, but my understanding is Coach Marrow wanted Witten as a flex receiver. Whereas Rodriguez and Galloway are the same type of inline TE. My understanding is that Rodriguez blew up in the gym and gained a lot of strength and blocking skill over the last year. Marrow likes him as a player and person. With Rodriguez, there will be 5 scholarship TEs in 2024 and all of them have SEC size and talent. So risking a scholarship on Galloway seems unnecessary now. It's remarkable how far Galloway's stock has fallen. If motivated, he would be an effective player for some Power 5 team.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT