ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Mashup- 4/19/15

JPFisher

Senior
Jul 24, 2013
WKY
This mashup will be one of those short and sweet ones.

> Still like the chance that Bud has to get drafted top 10. Something of interest: Big Z has now improved to a likely 3rd-4th round pick as opposed to 5-6 as he was just a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if that is a recent development, but I like it nonetheless.

> Dawson said he would like to run 85 plays per game. At 50-50, our pass/rush attack would be hard to handle, especially if our guys were used to the reps and defenses got worn down. We likely don't have that kind of depth on offense yet, but if Dawson lasts another couple seasons here, it could be fun.

> A lot of uncertainty about our OLine next year. While I do think it is wise to temper our expectations, I think it is also wise to not sleep on this unit. With the depth and talent we have added, we can only go up from last year's debacle.

> With Spring Practice over with, I'd like to give a few of us some things to look forward to:
-We were missing several receivers this spring.
-We were missing a TE, several running backs for various reasons at various points, and some OLinemen were MIA. Our depth on both sides of the ball is better than what we saw this spring and that should excite a lot of us.
-Defensive improvements will be a huge key to this coming season. Contrary to what several posters believe, Eliot and Stoops were making good calls on the defensive side of the ball. We were still limited to a relatively vanilla scheme and even so, we had guys missing reads and second-guessing themselves. I fully expect the defense to show up well next season. Our talent, speed, and experience will serve us well, even if a few key positions will be very young.

> A lot of excitement over what the field will look like at our newly renovated stadium. I'm partial to blue end zones (rumor of checkerboard various colored blues for the end zones), a GIANT UK in the middle as well as some logos at the 25's. I'd be a huge fan of the H posts, and I don't really care about if the posts are collapsible. The forks haven't served us well or the past few decades. Switch them up along with everything else.

> Anyone else a huge fan of not running Towles twice as much as our running backs next season?

> UK needs to strike gold with a QB recruit soon. There's no reason for the chips to stay put when we have all this talent coming in on the offense. A nice season may swing the tide in our favor, but I'd rather not let our recruiting

Mashup Question: What would you like to see on our field next fall? Would you like for the field to be renamed? Blue end zones? White end zones with blue letters? Let us know!

Hope you all have a great week! Happy Sunday and please get through the storms. Go Big Blue!

Originally posted by JPFisher:
This mashup will be one of those short and sweet ones.

> Still like the chance that Bud has to get drafted top 10. Something of interest: Big Z has now improved to a likely 3rd-4th round pick as opposed to 5-6 as he was just a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if that is a recent development, but I like it nonetheless.

> Dawson said he would like to run 85 plays per game. At 50-50, our pass/rush attack would be hard to handle, especially if our guys were used to the reps and defenses got worn down. We likely don't have that kind of depth on offense yet, but if Dawson lasts another couple seasons here, it could be fun.

> A lot of uncertainty about our OLine next year. While I do think it is wise to temper our expectations, I think it is also wise to not sleep on this unit. With the depth and talent we have added, we can only go up from last year's debacle.

> With Spring Practice over with, I'd like to give a few of us some things to look forward to:
-We were missing several receivers this spring.
-We were missing a TE, several running backs for various reasons at various points, and some OLinemen were MIA. Our depth on both sides of the ball is better than what we saw this spring and that should excite a lot of us.
-Defensive improvements will be a huge key to this coming season. Contrary to what several posters believe, Eliot and Stoops were making good calls on the defensive side of the ball. We were still limited to a relatively vanilla scheme and even so, we had guys missing reads and second-guessing themselves. I fully expect the defense to show up well next season. Our talent, speed, and experience will serve us well, even if a few key positions will be very young.

> A lot of excitement over what the field will look like at our newly renovated stadium. I'm partial to blue end zones (rumor of checkerboard various colored blues for the end zones), a GIANT UK in the middle as well as some logos at the 25's. I'd be a huge fan of the H posts, and I don't really care about if the posts are collapsible. The forks haven't served us well or the past few decades. Switch them up along with everything else.

> Anyone else a huge fan of not running Towles twice as much as our running backs next season?

> UK needs to strike gold with a QB recruit soon. There's no reason for the chips to stay put when we have all this talent coming in on the offense. A nice season may swing the tide in our favor, but I'd rather not let our recruiting

Mashup Question: What would you like to see on our field next fall? Would you like for the field to be renamed? Blue end zones? White end zones with blue letters? Let us know!

Hope you all have a great week! Happy Sunday and please get through the storms. Go Big Blue!
Get to some of the other stuff later but for now....FOR GOD'S SAKES NAME THE FIELD AFTER CLAIBORNE! Having Newton's name on it is as embarrassing as long losing streaks to SEC teams.

LED tipped end zones so we could change them as the game goes on. lol you asked

No checkerboard endzones - that's "too UT". Need something a little more original.

How about a giant cat claw mark going down the center of the endzone. White endzone with blue scratch marks on one side, blue end zone with white scratches on the other:
images

I like, but not the one you have to convince.......
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT