ADVERTISEMENT

Stud 2016 Combo De'Aaron Fox Gets UK Offer

Calipari has clearly cooled on Simmons. Fox and Smith are superior player than Simmons.

Eh doesn't mean much to me as it seems we will get 3 guards ( a pg , a sg and a combo ) and I gotta think it will be SImmons , Fultz and either Monk or Alkins. But I do LOVE how Cal is casting a much bigger net .

Eh? What?

This kid can flat out play. I really like players that want to be here as well.

"That's every kid's dream school," he said. "I watched a lot of their games. The way that Coach Cal just develops ... guys to get to the league. So, it's like living a dream."

And he is ranked way higher than Alkins or Fultz.

I like all of them but none of them are what I would consider Eh...

Reactions: SosaUK
Really glad to see this..Was hoping he would have an offer much sooner than this.. Would be cool if he commits and then we can see what dominoes would fall afterward.

Really will be interesting to see what happens. Have mentioned before that I've got a friend who is a Coach and knows a '15 HS teammate of Fox. Kid (Keilon Price) said as recent as June that Fox liked "Kansas and Louisville the best right now--but is waiting on UK/Duke to offer and if he gets that offer-he'll choose one of those schools". Well UK has now offered--and fact Fox is close with Jarred Vanderbilt doesn't hurt at all--as Vanderbilt is very high on UK too.

Good luck to Cats in this recruitment and imo after seeing all the guards on circuit--Fox is my #1 ranked PG due his impact on both ends and ability to impact the game defensively.

I haven't heard a lot about Fox so it should be interesting.

If Simmons doesn't commit soon I think he could lose his spot, Cal is not waiting around.

I really wouldn't mind a commitment from Fox. He's probably the best (or close to it) prospect in terms of breaking down his man off the dribble. I'm sure he and Simmons are mutually exclusive, but with the mad scientist of OAD in Calipari, who knows? The bottom line is that Kentucky won't be caught napping this time around with all the early offers, and Kentucky seems to be willing to take the first commitments. Fortunately, all of the guys UK has offered are legit NBA prospects, and Cal seems intent on landing his fair share of them.

Fox should be the No. 1 target at PG. He's the ideal Calipari point.

Long, athletic, excellent defender, but can shoot, great scorer. He's also a great student and a smart, well-spoken kid. He's a Nike kid and the type of guy we should have/could have locked up months ago if we'd made him a priority. If we're too late to the game on him, I'm going to be sick.

Kansas and UL have been on him for months, and Kansas is the perceived leader. What may help us is that Fox is from the same AAU program as Kelly Oubre. Although I'm sure Kelly loved his time at Kansas, I think there are people around him who weren't real happy with how Oubre was handled at Kansas. It's ridiculous that he ended up outside the lottery. Kid was a Top 5 talent.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Is it just me or is this one of the most guard-loaded classes in a long time? Fox, Monk, Smith, Simmons, Fultz, Alkins, and Jackson are all legit contenders to be in the top 10. Alkins is probably ranked the lowest and he's good enough that some people actually prefer him over all others. I like Smith and Monk myself but I'll take any 2 or even 3 of them if we can.

Reactions: brianpoe
I am with Cat Ballou..Dont know what Cal was thinking not offering this kid earlier. I wish the kid would commit tonight..

Is it just me or is this one of the most guard-loaded classes in a long time? Fox, Monk, Smith, Simmons, Fultz, Alkins, and Jackson are all legit contenders to be in the top 10. Alkins is probably ranked the lowest and he's good enough that some people actually prefer him over all others. I like Smith and Monk myself but I'll take any 2 or even 3 of them if we can.

Nope it is and it is the least loaded big man class i have ever seen . Thank god for Tai I say again .

Cal helped Harrison get drafted in the 2nd round. Some people look at that as a negative, but when one considers Harrisons actual limitations from a skill level, and how he was in a very weak point guard high school class, it's actually a remarkable achievement for Harrison to have been drafted after a mere two years.

Calipari does great with point guards. It really can't be disputed at this point.

I really wouldn't mind a commitment from Fox. He's probably the best (or close to it) prospect in terms of breaking down his man off the dribble. I'm sure he and Simmons are mutually exclusive, but with the mad scientist of OAD in Calipari, who knows? The bottom line is that Kentucky won't be caught napping this time around with all the early offers, and Kentucky seems to be willing to take the first commitments. Fortunately, all of the guys UK has offered are legit NBA prospects, and Cal seems intent on landing his fair share of them.
This

I have no clue. Was just commenting on the KU/Louisville take. Assumed Texas was the main competition.

This class is insanely loaded at the guard position, and we are positioned really well with most of them, which is why it's critical that we choose well.

I think Monk, Fox, Smith Jr., Fultz, and even Alkins are elite talents - like future NBA All-Star caliber talents. Simmons has the potential, but hasn't shown it yet this Summer.

Since I think we'll sign at least two, perhaps three, imagine three superstar caliber talents in the backcourt in 2017. I'm sold on any combination of the above, although I think Simmons may be a year or so behind the other guys.

By the way - another thing to consider is the guard talent in this class is so amazing it's probably going to push some guys to the draft in 2016 who might normally wait a year or two. That means we could lose Ulis and Briscoe, Duke would lose Thornton and Allen, Kansas Mason and Selden, etc.

I have no clue. Was just commenting on the KU/Louisville take. Assumed Texas was the main competition.

That's what I asked friend who talked with his HS teammate. He had asked the kid specifically because he said he was his favorite PG in class and knew that specific weekend he had made an unofficial visit to Texas--and response was "He's not going to Texas". Marques Bolden visited that weekend unofficially too--so that time frame was when he was told this--and as we all know--recruiting can change in a hurry--but he really wanted the UK offer and I've asked my friend to talk with Keilon this week and see what he's hearing.

Reactions: brianpoe and wcc31
Fox should be the No. 1 target at PG. He's the ideal Calipari point.

Long, athletic, excellent defender, but can shoot, great scorer. He's also a great student and a smart, well-spoken kid. He's a Nike kid and the type of guy we should have/could have locked up months ago if we'd made him a priority. If we're too late to the game on him, I'm going to be sick.

Kansas and UL have been on him for months, and Kansas is the perceived leader. What may help us is that Fox is from the same AAU program as Kelly Oubre. Although I'm sure Kelly loved his time at Kansas, I think there are people around him who weren't real happy with how Oubre was handled at Kansas. It's ridiculous that he ended up outside the lottery. Kid was a Top 5 talent.

Things change in recruiting from year to year. Simmons before this past summer looked really good, this past summer not so much. Its the same with Fox, I will say that but before this year I had not seen him play but maybe he wasn't having a summer like this past summer. Cal is pretty good at making decisions on these guys so I am betting who ever he gets, they will have a great career with us.

I would be glad to take these three Smith, Simmons & Monk.

ADVERTISEMENT