ADVERTISEMENT

Story behind "cats by 9" saying?

UK2KC-A-T-S

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2010
What's the Story behind the "cats by 9" saying or whatever it is that was a around a few seasons ago I believe. Is that related to football or basketball?

Never heard that. I've heard "Cats by 90" alot, which just means we killed the team we played.

John Short always predicts his UK wins by multiples of 5, but I'm not sure about 9. That man loves Woman's BB more than anyone else LOL!

Reactions: Louis_Skunt
It dates back to ancient times.

"Bring in the cats by 9, or they'll be food for the wolves by 10."

Our culture has grown less fearful of wolves through the years, and the phrase has come to mean, "We're going to win tonight. We won't be eaten."

Hope this helps.

Our culture has grown less fearful of wolves through the years, and the phrase has come to mean, "We're going to win tonight. We won't be eaten."

Hope this helps.

Never heard that before. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Aike
Not to bring up an old thread but does anyone know where the "cats by 90" quote the OP was referring to actually originated? I assume it was a call in show or something.

Hope this helps.
Lolllll

Reactions: Aike
You might be getting it confused with the "cat o nine tails". The NCAA found some of these in the basement of Minardi Hall.

FancyCat2a.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT