ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops' staff recruiting

Have a feeling we're gonna have a special season and we'll need to do everything we can to keep Stoops around. Some other schools might be calling at the end of the season.

But I believe he loves it here and is going to stick around for awhile. He's building a monster.

Just from the trends...Stoops and co. Could seriously build this thing into something we've never seen here. And even if other schools come calling for him, he could have his own SEC power, there would be no reason to leave. Only time will tell. But they're off to a great start!

I honestly feel like if Stoops turns UK into a power, he will not leave. The way I see it, UK football turns into a winner, the administration will pay whatever it takes to match/beat the offers from the other powerhouses that would come calling. Then, it would be up to Stoops. Does he want to go to an existing power and just be another coach in the pre-existing line there. Or does he want to stay at HIS program that HE built and continue to make it even bigger. I think he will want to stay and see it become the biggest and best he can make it.

Stoops and his staff are starting to wake up the sleeping giant.

Never over look the competition from brothers. The Stoop boys are a competitive group of siblings. This might play a defining role if Mark stays at UK. One takes a traditional power football team to coach that is down and the other takes over a nothing team to coach in a better league. Talking, Mark and Bob. Mike is still not a head coach yet.

I honestly feel like if Stoops turns UK into a power, he will not leave. The way I see it, UK football turns into a winner, the administration will pay whatever it takes to match/beat the offers from the other powerhouses that would come calling. Then, it would be up to Stoops. Does he want to go to an existing power and just be another coach in the pre-existing line there. Or does he want to stay at HIS program that HE built and continue to make it even bigger. I think he will want to stay and see it become the biggest and best he can make it.

Stoops and his staff are starting to wake up the sleeping giant.
Guarantee, ole Stoops and Marrow would run all the way to Columbus for the Ohio State job

-I dont see Meyer leaving ohio state for a while...unless he gets caught messing with coeds again. From what i have seen of ohio state coeds...that likely wont happen.

Reactions: SosaUK
wow some of you guys are way too far ahead of yourselves.. Let it play out and you might be pleasantly surprised..

He has proven that he can recruit beyond my expectations... Now can he develop that talent and win...

I think he can win and win big...
We are about to find out:) can't wait.

This staff is ...

EnFuegoLOGOSM_1399950525.png

well the thing is, when this staff was put together we were hopeful they could recruit and were pretty sure they could develop players. now that the recruiting has picked up people seem to be worried about what was their strong suit coming in... i say if he wins big here he wont leave for a slightly better job... he probably won't turn down a top 10 program though even if we throw money at him... we wouldn't be able to match a top 10 team anyway but we could be in the ballpark with about anyone else and if he has us winning... why leave?

he probably won't turn down a top 10 program though even if we throw money at him... we wouldn't be able to match a top 10 team anyway
2 sides to the coin on this line of conjecture/what-if thinking: how much winning at UK would Stoops have to do in order for a top 10 program to want to hire him?

A 10 win season?
An SEC East title?

I don't think a top 10 program (Alabama/Ohio State/Florida St/Florida/Texas/Southern Cal) would want Stoops if he did not accomplish one if not both of those accomplishments IMO. Hard to sell to a demanding self important entitled huge fanbase a coach from lowly Kentucky who's best season was 8-4 Outback Bowl. don't believe me ask Cholly Strong, who did take UL to a then-BCS bowls but is still struggling to gain acceptance as good enough to be Texas' coach.

2 sides to the coin on this line of conjecture/what-if thinking: how much winning at UK would Stoops have to do in order for a top 10 program to want to hire him?

A 10 win season?
An SEC East title?

I don't think a top 10 program (Alabama/Ohio State/Florida St/Florida/Texas/Southern Cal) would want Stoops if he did not accomplish one if not both of those accomplishments IMO. Hard to sell to a demanding self important entitled huge fanbase a coach from lowly Kentucky who's best season was 8-4 Outback Bowl. don't believe me ask Cholly Strong, who did take UL to a then-BCS bowls but is still struggling to gain acceptance as good enough to be Texas' coach.

And if we achieved what you are suggesting would be necessary WE WOULD BE A TOP 10 PROGRAM.

Just don't know that UK has ever had a better staff in place overall than this.

I love the staff that Stoops has brought together but without question the best UK staff ever was the one under Blanton Collier in 1959. Don Shula, H. Schnellenberger, Ed Rutledge, Ermal Allen and Bill Arsbarger and that's just a partial list.

Reactions: Cawood86
As long as UK is willing to put money back into the program, He'll stay a long time. He may not want to go rebuild another program once he gets this one going his way. there is still so much potential here that hasn't been explored, ever! Just my feeling and I don't have any sources....

I love the staff that Stoops has brought together but without question the best UK staff ever was the one under Blanton Collier in 1959. Don Shula, H. Schnellenberger, Ed Rutledge, Ermal Allen and Bill Arsbarger and that's just a partial list.
You are right

Now we know that were a great staff. Back then who knew.

Add Chuck Knox.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT