ADVERTISEMENT

STEPHEN ZIMMERMAN - HoopHall 2015

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
STEPHEN ZIMMERMAN - Bishop Gorman H.S. (Las Vegas, NV); 2015 C; 6'-11"; 214; 5-Star; 247Sports rank 10; UK (33%), Arizona (27%), UNLV (24%) - 1/19/2015 lost to Montverde Academy (Montverde, FL) 57-76: FG 1/6; 3's 0/1; FT 6/6; Reb 8; PF 5; TP 8; A 2; TO 7; Blk 1; Stl 0 - Was really looking forward to seeing this big man, but he was in foul trouble most of the game, playing less than 19 minutes before fouling out. So, I saw him play, but I'm also sure I did not see the real Zimmerman. As do 99% of high school players, he needs much more weight and muscle and had trouble playing through contact. Listed as a center, but can't see him playing low on offense. With his passing ability and shooting touch (not today), he will probably be more comfortable and effective out on the wing. More of a pick & pop player. He moved around the court well and was active, often being guarded by Ben Simmons. This lefty has a nice touch on his 6 for 6 free throws. He certainly has the length and mobility that would fit in with Cal's team, but I'm just not going to try to judge this young man based on this game. Very good passer, spotting open teammates. Handled the ball a lot for a 6'-11" kid, but I think he handled it too much. Maybe 3-4 dribbles he was OK, but any more than that usually led to turnovers. Speaking of turnovers, Bishop Gorman had an unreal 33 turnovers this game! Disappointed with the Bishop Gorman team and their body language. After being down only 5 points at the start of the 4th, they were out-scored by 14 in the 4th. Gorman played zone and Zimmerman was often standing around and not moving his feet. Also leaves feet too early. Hope to see him live again sometime this year.

This post was edited on 1/31 3:08 PM by UKPhilly

This post was edited on 1/31 3:10 PM by UKPhilly

ADVERTISEMENT