ADVERTISEMENT

Staff will not allow Team to play aggressive from the start

rolaid

All-American
Sep 3, 2002
I get the feeling that Stoops thinks going in that we have the better talent in every game we play. He sure Coaches that way.

In the 8th game after spotting the other team a 10-0 lead they the offensive coaches decide to pick up the pace and use everyone in the passing game and even use the middle of the field. Everything is going great except the old calls of cautious Stoops come back to haunt. A first down Wildcat call that had no chance - a 3rd and medium call that needed a 8rd pass to say Dingle - we throw long and safe way down the sideline to a running back - I swear he’d rather punt than risk throwing over the middle

On defense we get zero pass rush we never force the action
We are giving up 40 a game playing soft hoping the other team hands us the ball or makes a mistake.
Could just one game we be the aggressive team - send more than they can block- and not from 15 yards off the ball - I’m talking put 5/6 guys up tight and play press
Force the other teams to execute with some pressure - attack the whole game on both sides
This bend but don’t break stuff is not working - hell turn the guys loose - hire Joe Lee Dunn’s cousin or something

If we are going to be a middle of the pack type program let’s at least be interesting and play to win.

It's this NFL-style "pro" offense that drags us down. College is college - not the pros. Play up-tempo with more risk. Our defense was rarely set and we used ridiculous fake stall tactics to slow down UT's no-huddle hurry up offense.

Also, and maybe it's just my ignorance on the difference between college and pro football, but why doesn't the clock stop in college when a player goes out of bounds or a first down is achieved? Multiple times the clock kept on going when UK was on offense and either caught a pass and went out of bounds, or got a first down. Is there a difference in clock rules from NFL and college?

The offense looked better last night than it has all year long. Still had some questionable play calls, but did enough to win.

The defense was HORRIBLE!!! We were out of position, missing tackles and FREAKIN falling down which gave the Vols 2 scores!!!

Brad White is REGRESSING!!!

It's this NFL-style "pro" offense that drags us down. College is college - not the pros. Play up-tempo with more risk. Our defense was rarely set and we used ridiculous fake stall tactics to slow down UT's no-huddle hurry up offense.

Also, and maybe it's just my ignorance on the difference between college and pro football, but why doesn't the clock stop in college when a player goes out of bounds or a first down is achieved? Multiple times the clock kept on going when UK was on offense and either caught a pass and went out of bounds, or got a first down. Is there a difference in clock rules from NFL and college?
They changed the clock stoppage rules to speed up the game.

Reactions: TheDude73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT