ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Seats Going Blue?

Crankdatmustard

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2010
The Kentucky Football Podcast
Is this for specific sections or is the entire place going with the blue bench backs?

CELnk-yWgAE5yZ7.jpg:large

CEQXGgHUEAAgXhD.jpg:large

Reactions: Dwiley
On the one hand I'm in favor of more blue in the stadium however it can be done. but you would hope that seats & seatbacks in the lower bowl are gonna be full and those new blue parts are covered up when we are on TV.

After seeing this image, it looks like more seats will have seat backs than I originally anticipated.

virtual_venue_night.jpg

No blue endzones?...and still has the 'UK' logo not the new 'UH'...

No blue endzones?...and still has the 'UK' logo not the new 'UH'...

That's because they used the old field in the mock ups for the website last year which is where that picture is from. New logo and turf field hadn't been designed and approved yet.

They should all be seatbacks.

Agreed.

I would even go further and say they all should be seats (instead of benches). Of course it would reduce seating capacity further, but it's 2015. People now expect individual seats. What do I care about how many people the stadium can hold? I just want to be comfortable when I'm at the game.

On the one hand I'm in favor of more blue in the stadium however it can be done. but you would hope that seats & seatbacks in the lower bowl are gonna be full and those new blue parts are covered up when we are on TV.

If we're worried about the color of our seats in order to hide how many empty seats there are to television viewers then we have a whole lot bigger problems than seat color.

It was kind of like how the administration wanted to make the stadium smaller so it wouldn't look so bad on TV when empty seats are shown. Maybe instead of worrying about hiding those empty seats they should be worrying about why they're empty to begin with (and fixing the problem). If trying to hide empty seats isn't the biggest "throwing in of the towel" I've ever seen I don't know what is.

We still have a ways to go to get rid of that reactive mindset (instead of proactive) with the football program.

Agreed.

I would even go further and say they all should be seats (instead of benches). Of course it would reduce seating capacity further, but it's 2015. People now expect individual seats. What do I care about how many people the stadium can hold? I just want to be comfortable when I'm at the game.

I would be curious how many college stadiums have an entire stadium full of seats. Outside of Louisville, who else? I don't think in a college venue, people expect individual seats.

Reactions: fuzz77
If we're worried about the color of our seats in order to hide how many empty seats there are to television viewers then we have a whole lot bigger problems than seat color.

It was kind of like how the administration wanted to make the stadium smaller so it wouldn't look so bad on TV when empty seats are shown. Maybe instead of worrying about hiding those empty seats they should be worrying about why they're empty to begin with (and fixing the problem). If trying to hide empty seats isn't the biggest "throwing in of the towel" I've ever seen I don't know what is.

We still have a ways to go to get rid of that reactive mindset (instead of proactive) with the football program.

They are fixing the problem. Stoops is getting closer to cleaning up the mess Joker made.

Agreed.

Would much rather have a stadium standing most of the game...if comfort matters so much much stay at home on the couch with all due respect

Reactions: fuzz77
Would much rather have a stadium standing most of the game...if comfort matters so much much stay at home on the couch with all due respect
I agree. I do in fact stand the entire game which was one of the reasons in selecting a seating location without a seat or bench back.

I understand not wanting to put chairs in the stadium but there is no excuse not to have bench backs everywhere. You wouldn't reduce capacity and it wouldn't be that costly. It'd look awesome to have more blue in the stadium. The silver bleachers everywhere are an eye sore. They can keep all that crap if they'll sell me a beer

Sneak it in like everybody else. Are you unindustrious, unambitious, or both?

Neither but football without a cold beer is like spaghetti without garlic bread. It's still edible but it's just better with it. I'd get more use out of a draft beer than a bench back. If that makes me unambitious and unindustrious so be it

All of the other SEC stadiums have bleachers everywhere and it is not hurting their programs any.

I understand not wanting to put chairs in the stadium but there is no excuse not to have bench backs everywhere. You wouldn't reduce capacity and it wouldn't be that costly. It'd look awesome to have more blue in the stadium. The silver bleachers everywhere are an eye sore. They can keep all that crap if they'll sell me a beer
This I agree with totally!!!...Folks who rent the seats in the stadium pay $50 each year(it goes up every year) ...Why can't the university just put in the bench backs throughout the stadium and charge the 50 dollars each year until it was paid for...I would be more than willing to do that...It would look awesome to walk into CWS and see the entire seating area all blue on the bench backs...I don't know of any school but Otis who has all chairs...And now they are all pink so it is quite funny:D:cool:

Last edited:
Yes ...Just what I look forward to ...All the beer spilled all over me just like all the drunks at Little Brother's place...Just great!!!!

Umm, the renovations are a proactive mindset. The renovations are not an attempt to "hide empty seats." They are an attempt to improve the program.

Follow me here. To win you need talent/players. To get talent/players you need coaching and shiny lures to attract the fish. To get the shiny lures and coaching you need money. To get money you need sponsors. To get sponsors you need........???

So, let's examine what the admin has done. They went out and got a coach with a well-respected last name.....who has a great reputation as a DC and recruiter. Immediately upon getting this coaching staff, they set on plans to renovate a good portion of the facilities. The renovations are aimed at 2 things: attracting recruits and getting sponsors/money. Look at what they did. They renovated the "recruiting room" and Nutter where the football players are the majority of the time. This attracts recruits. They also added a bunch of luxury boxes in the stadium and improved the stadium look/appearance. This is for the sponsors in an effort to attract money.

The loss of seating is a byproduct of all of this. If they could've gotten by by keeping the capacity the same, they likely would've. And now to appease fans, they claim it was on purpose and for a "more intimate environment."

All of this renovation was done for reasons not fan related.....so we got hosed a little bit. However, if it works and the team starts winning, then everyone wins.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
the only reason i like having backs is it keeps folks behind me from stepping on my seat during the game...and that isn't a big problem, unless you have kids with you that have all manner of crap in the stadium with them and people step on it.

Umm, the renovations are a proactive mindset. The renovations are not an attempt to "hide empty seats." They are an attempt to improve the program.

Follow me here. To win you need talent/players. To get talent/players you need coaching and shiny lures to attract the fish. To get the shiny lures and coaching you need money. To get money you need sponsors. To get sponsors you need........???

So, let's examine what the admin has done. They went out and got a coach with a well-respected last name.....who has a great reputation as a DC and recruiter. Immediately upon getting this coaching staff, they set on plans to renovate a good portion of the facilities. The renovations are aimed at 2 things: attracting recruits and getting sponsors/money. Look at what they did. They renovated the "recruiting room" and Nutter where the football players are the majority of the time. This attracts recruits. They also added a bunch of luxury boxes in the stadium and improved the stadium look/appearance. This is for the sponsors in an effort to attract money.

The loss of seating is a byproduct of all of this. If they could've gotten by by keeping the capacity the same, they likely would've. And now to appease fans, they claim it was on purpose and for a "more intimate environment."

All of this renovation was done for reasons not fan related.....so we got hosed a little bit. However, if it works and the team starts winning, then everyone wins.
BR22...You also forgot to mention the new practice facility and training center next to Nutter which when finished Coach Stoops says we will have as good of facilities as any program in the country...And if I'm not mistaken the money raised was entirely given by normally "basketball only" donors...A truly amazing feat at KENTUCKY...COCATS!!!!#WHYNOT

All of this renovation was done for reasons not fan related.....so we got hosed a little bit.

The majority of the seats lost were from student seating - so they basically hosed themselves by not attending the games. Seating capacity for season ticket holders was impacted minimally.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
The majority of the seats lost were from student seating - so they basically hosed themselves by not attending the games. Seating capacity for season ticket holders was impacted minimally.
Great point. While I was a critic when we had the unfortunate Joker years I could not be more pleased now. We spoke and MB and the powers that be listened. Lot of positive reasonable comments in this thread. Anything negative is really not called for at this point. The new CWS will be a great environment. Stoops is our best hope of bringing us competitive football.

Can't wait to the season opener and to see Stoops Troops version 3 from my new seats.

GBB !!

Lou

Yes ...Just what I look forward to ...All the beer spilled all over me just like all the drunks at Little Brother's place...Just great!!!!

I can handle my liquor as I think most people can. If an idiot sitting near you can't then ask him to find somewhere else to sit or tell the blue coat to remove him. There's no reason to let a couple morons ruin it for everyone and you shouldn't let that person ruin your experience either

Agreed.

I've been going to games for over 30 years. I don't "expect" individual seats. This is college football, not the NFL. Most college stadiums are older venues with bench seats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT