ADVERTISEMENT

SportsTalk 840, RIP

kybobcat

May 29, 2001
In the shadow of Bowman Field
WHAS Radio big changes: Mandy returns; so long SportsTalk

635647377180183753-635647120600072404-Mandy-Connell.jpg

Mandy Connell is awful, but I never really liked Lachlan. Can't tell you how many times I tuned in and heard him basically giving the polar opposite opinion to my own. Plus he hated Cal and UK.

Are there any other sports talk shows that can be heard in Louisville? After 6 pm, can't get 590

nothing like a local/Louisville talk radio show originating from Denver CO.... beats me... i know nothing about radio programming and liked her when she was here but sure seems strange... maybe it works?

Joe Elliott might've been boring, but at least he was local. RIP local radio.

Kentucky sports talk radio sucks, aside from Kentucky sports radio.

Lach was okay, but why you would bring a Virginia Homer to talk sports with the Kentucky and Louisville fan base is beyond me.

Chris Cross is a joke. definition of a carpet bagger. How a radio show that features a yankees/cCeltics fan and a duke fan that talk about non local sports 75% of the time survives in Kentucky is amazing. I wouldnt doubt that slot loses money, it just keeps going because CC owns stock in LM. Plus the format is a joke. "AAnswer these three questions because I can't break away from selling advertisements long enough to actually know anything about sports." If you listen to that show, you hate UK. I wish they would can it and put on finebaum or lebatard. You know you're bad when somebody asks for finebaum or lebatard instead.

Joe Elliott might've been boring, but at least he was local. RIP local radio.
Joe is on mornings on 970 8-11 I think. I listen to him pretty often, he's a sensible guy and a nice break from the high strung talk folks and wack UL sports talk before KSR comes on.

He is kinda boring and bland I grant you, but I like the show. He's completely blind too, not that it's a reason to listen but guy has an interesting life perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT