ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Numbers

CatsFanGG24

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2003
What was the number you used?

What # has had the best athletes wear it?

Fan of #24 myself

6... if it wasn't available 16.
50fb776ec66ed.preview-620.jpg

Best to wear it- Tony Gonzalez, Lynn Swann, Michael Irvin, Marvin Harrison, Drew Pearson and Alan Page.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2blue4u
I always wore #34 for multiple reasons

Thurman Thomas
Ray Allen (Jesus Shuttlesworth)
Charles Barkley
Scott Padgett (Fav UK player)

In basketball leagues I go for this one the majority of the time.

I liked 24 in hoops because of Mashburn. Always wore 56 on O-line and 6 in baseball.

I always liked single digit numbers in baseball too. I too was attached to different numbers for different sports.

I always wondered if I played hockey what number would I have went for.

I always wore 2. I was always one of the smaller ones on a team and the jerseys generally got larger by the number, so always grabbed 2. It stuck until high school when I switched to 22 because our starting shortstop (ended up playing at Indiana) had #2.

Always wore #2 because as a kid I grew up loving Tim Couch.

Did wear 30 in baseball the first year Junior was a Red.

Football: #3 for no particular reason
Basketball: #12 cause I loved Feldhaus
Baseball: #21 cause the guy I backed up as a freshman was graduating and I wanted to be the better 21

College: #24 for Griffey Jr

I always wore 3 in basketball because I was a guard and, like many white boys, was a huge Rex fan growing up.

In baseball I was a big Eric Davis fan and wanted 44.

55 - because I was a pp athlete & didn't want anyone comparing me to anyone.

Dang you guys must have all been superstars, I was just grateful if I could make the team, I'd take any number they wanted to hand out to me :)

I've always thought the most iconic number in football was 32 - the great Jim Brown's number, also worn by Edgerrin James, Franco Harris, Jack Tatum, Ricky Watters, Cedric Benson, Jamal Anderson, Marcus Allen, & OJ Simpson

Dang you guys must have all been superstars, I was just grateful if I could make the team, I'd take any number they wanted to hand out to me :)

I've always thought the most iconic number in football was 32 - the great Jim Brown's number, also worn by Edgerrin James, Franco Harris, Jack Tatum, Ricky Watters, Cedric Benson, Jamal Anderson, Marcus Allen, & OJ Simpson
Cedric Benson does not deserve to be in that sentence... Carry on.

It never bothered me what number I was given but if I had a preference, it would be #44 because of Issel.

ADVERTISEMENT