ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke to someone who knows the Skal situation from the inside.

First of all, he's going to be a lottery pick, so I'm not worried about any second year problems.

Also, if a kid's handler is looking to get paid that badly in year two, why wouldn't he just push the kid pro? And on what planet does a booster, for a John Calipari coached team no less, need to make payments to a handler?

Not to mention the fact that it would be idiotic to start paying a kid who has not only already committed, but has played for a season and will most definitely be gone after his second one. Who in the world would start paying someone's handler their sophomore season?

The thing I've noticed the most about Memphis, their fans, players from there, residents of the city, etc. is that damn near every one of you guys thinks they have the inside scoop on everything. There isn't a more self-important city of people in America. Only city in the world where just being from there means you know everything about anything that goes on within its borders.

Payne or Barbee gets a head coaching job sign Pastner up as a lead recruiter unless he starts offering money to recruits. Can't say he doesn't get talent. His knock is he obviously can't coach.

Almost forgot. Cal was even dragged into the AN fiasco. Rumor was Cal contacted him to give advice. This made the fan base down here livid.

Everything still revolves around Cal here when it comes to basketball. Mostly just sad. I have given up going out to watch UK games. Just not fun when you have to defend your school to a bunch of jealous bit****.

It is mind blowing when you go over the talent that has been here since Cal has left. But some how the cabinets where empty and Pastner had to build a program from nothing because Cal burned it down on the way out.

I refuse to even have those conversations with UM fans anymore. Will say this. If they bring in a decent coach , this place could be very good very fast. Just to much talent in the back yard not to be. But then again Pastner has had top 5 recruiting classes since he has been here , and has barely sniffed the tournament.

Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
Hey GonzoCat90 just passing on a conversation I had with someone who works with and Knows the Nichols family. He also works with all the young talent like Stokes and others in Memphis.

I know nothing . But this guy has been around awhile. Just thought some of you would like to know what he said. And if you think some deep pocket booster wouldn't throw a few bucks to a handler if the return was being associated with a UK star player in some way, then you have more faith in our crazy fan base then I do.

I hope and think cal has this handler under control. I will say this guy did mention that this handler probably already has gotten his pay day. He did not say how or from where, just said this guy probably has gotten a taste.

Hey GonzoCat90 just passing on a conversation I had with someone who works with and Knows the Nichols family. He also works with all the young talent like Stokes and others in Memphis.

I know nothing . But this guy has been around awhile. Just thought some of you would like to know what he said. And if you think some deep pocket booster wouldn't throw a few bucks to a handler if the return was being associated with a UK star player in some way, then you have more faith in our crazy fan base then I do.

I hope and think cal has this handler under control. I will say this guy did mention that this handler probably already has gotten his pay day. He did not say how or from where, just said this guy probably has gotten a taste.

Right, but that's what I'm saying. Everyone down there "knows someone who knows someone" and they literally all seem to love to talk about it. There are churches in my town that gossip less. Guess it makes them feel important or something.

Skal a UK incoming freshman
Scale a device used to measure how much something weighs
Scal,,,, well I'm not really sure, doesn't sound good

Reactions: Bluemamba23
Well, I hope his handler does not go around "skal-ping" tickets during the season. All I want to see is how Skal "scallops" around the court for the big blue ocean.

Worrying about someone getting paid because Skal sticks around a 2nd year makes no sense to me at all.

The bottom line is that I don't believe that Cal or more importantly Barnhardt and Bell would touch this kid with a 10 foot pole if there was ANY problems or potential problems at all.

We've been too good these last few years and there are too many good players out there for us to risk a damn thing for one player.

Kentucky has had however many of the top players in the country recently and been to 4 of the last 5 final fours. No one is dumb enough to risk all the success we have already had for a single player.

UK paid Anthony Davis a trillion dollars to come play here, if we can slide that one past the NCAA I'm sure this will be a piece of cake.

UK paid Anthony Davis a trillion dollars to come play here, if we can slide that one past the NCAA I'm sure this will be a piece of cake.

This would be funny coming from someone else, but from you it may be that you actually think that happened.

Reactions: brianpoe
The inside scoop from our friend, The Door!
111658.jpg

I think that this whole original post reeks of someone trying to make Skal look like he is dirty from the start and to start rumors. Other sites will grab ahold of this (Peegs) and quote it like it is truth and tarnish one of our players implying he (or his handler) is out asking for money and that we must have paid to get him. Same ol, same ol...

This would be funny coming from someone else, but from you it may be that you actually think that happened.

No, actually it's funny regardless of who wrote it.

What, you mean UK doesn't have more than a trillion dollars in the annual budget for MBB program? C'mon man, take off the blue tinted shades!!

Skal is a beast. Said this handler had 5 other kids to bring over but needed help . At this young age Scal was holding his own against Stokes and some other Memphis studs.

Close friend recounted his relationship with Cal has allowed him to watch a few practices. Said that Skal is so good that he (the friend) has a hard time even watching the other players. Says that he is in the same category as one of the best players he has ever seen at UK.

82 cat you have either been living in a cave for the past year ,or just read and listen to half of what is said. This is nothing new. Keith Easterwood did a entire radio show on how this handler contacted him on how he could make money off a 16 year old Skal before he had committed anywhere.

Just the other day Cal had to comment on Skal being eligible. If this reeks of anything it would be the situation we had with Cantnor. Just kidding. Kantner.

To defend the handler I had heard he is a good guy and just got caught in a financial bind because Skal was not the only kid he was feeding and putting a roof over their heads.

It is not cheap paying training and travel like Skal had gotten. Sounds like the guy was trying to keep the bills paid but just went about it the wrong way.

Do I think the guy has probably gotten some help down here? Hell ya. You have some of the biggest sports agents and wealthy people with their hands all over HS sports down here.

Do not believe me? Go read about the attorney Nichols hired to get him out of his scholly is Memphis.

That guy is a UV alum and basically did the same thing for top talent down here a few years ago to only have his adopted son blow out his knee and never make it to the pro's.

This is very common and shady down here. So when this practice and characters make its way to Lexington I notice.

I'm not saying anything will happen, I'm pretty confident Cal and Bell have looked under every rock and behind every door. But the fact is this guy did try to illegally get paid before Skal was out of HS. Now did he knowing it would jeopardize Skal's chances at playing college ball? Was he thinking Skal would never even play college ball and was just trying to get help in Skal's development? I have no idea. My only concerns are how him asking for financial benefits for this young man before he ever committed to UK will affect my school in the future.

Worrying about someone getting paid because Skal sticks around a 2nd year makes no sense to me at all.

The bottom line is that I don't believe that Cal or more importantly Barnhardt and Bell would touch this kid with a 10 foot pole if there was ANY problems or potential problems at all.

We've been too good these last few years and there are too many good players out there for us to risk a damn thing for one player.

I am worried he may stay four years and end up ineligible right before he gets his degree.

He said point blank do not worry about Skal being eligible this year. He said for the most part the handler acted like a idiot when trying to get cash , that he basically scared everyone off before anything changed hands.

He said if the kid does not go pro next year then worry. Told me a story when Scal was in a tournament a writer came up to ask the handler to speak with the young man. He said in front of him and another coach this guy asked for a 500 dollar interview fee.

The writer was shocked . The handler then said it could be a donation or a number of things before the writer just said no thanks.

The guy I spoke to said him and the other coach then educated the guy on not asking for favors in front of other people, and to be really careful. Scale was a soph in HS then.

Skal is a beast. Said this handler had 5 other kids to bring over but needed help . At this young age Scal was holding his own against Stokes and some other Memphis studs.

Hopefully we get what we need this year with no issues. But if Scal stays more then a year I will worry.

The guy also gave me the inside story on Nichols. Pastnor is a huge idiot. He has cost UM a lot of top talent, and has set that program back years.

Picture or it didn't happen...

someone told me we have a shi* stirrer in here and should hit the road. I heard from this dude who knows this guy whose uncle........get lost Skal is ours and will be fine. No fan of UK would post this garbage.

82 cat you have either been living in a cave for the past year ,or just read and listen to half of what is said. This is nothing new. Keith Easterwood did a entire radio show on how this handler contacted him on how he could make money off a 16 year old Skal before he had committed anywhere.

Just the other day Cal had to comment on Skal being eligible. If this reeks of anything it would be the situation we had with Cantnor. Just kidding. Kantner.

To defend the handler I had heard he is a good guy and just got caught in a financial bind because Skal was not the only kid he was feeding and putting a roof over their heads.

It is not cheap paying training and travel like Skal had gotten. Sounds like the guy was trying to keep the bills paid but just went about it the wrong way.

Do I think the guy has probably gotten some help down here? Hell ya. You have some of the biggest sports agents and wealthy people with their hands all over HS sports down here.

Do not believe me? Go read about the attorney Nichols hired to get him out of his scholly is Memphis.

That guy is a UV alum and basically did the same thing for top talent down here a few years ago to only have his adopted son blow out his knee and never make it to the pro's.

This is very common and shady down here. So when this practice and characters make its way to Lexington I notice.

I'm not saying anything will happen, I'm pretty confident Cal and Bell have looked under every rock and behind every door. But the fact is this guy did try to illegally get paid before Skal was out of HS. Now did he knowing it would jeopardize Skal's chances at playing college ball? Was he thinking Skal would never even play college ball and was just trying to get help in Skal's development? I have no idea. My only concerns are how him asking for financial benefits for this young man before he ever committed to UK will affect my school in the future.

I don't know what you know, or don't know but your posts sure do reek of sensationalism or at least wanting to be theatrical. Not sure why but you seem to want to shock someone...or a fan base...

I'm not sure you will.

John Wayne (Hondo Lane) almost got Scalloped once....

I will say that the level of hatred in Memphis for Cal to this day sometimes amazes me. Seen that several times myself. But that said....who is this Scully Labrador we are discussing in this thread?

Man the envy and jealousy on botH fronts basketball and football is hilarious! WE ARE UK ALL THE HATERS CAN SUCK IT! SKAL HAS BEEN GOOD TO GO FOR AWHILE NOW!

Kantner? Is he Scal's brother?

Jimmy Dykes wants to know if he could hold his own against Stokes what size shoes does he wear.

ADVERTISEMENT