ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke to someone who knows the Skal situation from the inside.

whhs22

Freshman
Oct 2, 2014
He said point blank do not worry about Skal being eligible this year. He said for the most part the handler acted like a idiot when trying to get cash , that he basically scared everyone off before anything changed hands.

He said if the kid does not go pro next year then worry. Told me a story when Scal was in a tournament a writer came up to ask the handler to speak with the young man. He said in front of him and another coach this guy asked for a 500 dollar interview fee.

The writer was shocked . The handler then said it could be a donation or a number of things before the writer just said no thanks.

The guy I spoke to said him and the other coach then educated the guy on not asking for favors in front of other people, and to be really careful. Scale was a soph in HS then.

Skal is a beast. Said this handler had 5 other kids to bring over but needed help . At this young age Scal was holding his own against Stokes and some other Memphis studs.

Hopefully we get what we need this year with no issues. But if Scal stays more then a year I will worry.

The guy also gave me the inside story on Nichols. Pastnor is a huge idiot. He has cost UM a lot of top talent, and has set that program back years.

He said point blank do not worry about Skal being eligible this year. He said for the most part the handler acted like a idiot when trying to get cash , that he basically scared everyone off before anything changed hands.

He said if the kid does not go pro next year then worry. Told me a story when Scal was in a tournament a writer came up to ask the handler to speak with the young man. He said in front of him and another coach this guy asked for a 500 dollar interview fee.

The writer was shocked . The handler then said it could be a donation or a number of things before the writer just said no thanks.

The guy I spoke to said him and the other coach then educated the guy on not asking for favors in front of other people, and to be really careful. Scale was a soph in HS then.

Skal is a beast. Said this handler had 5 other kids to bring over but needed help . At this young age Scal was holding his own against Stokes and some other Memphis studs.

Hopefully we get what we need this year with no issues. But if Scal stays more then a year I will worry.

The guy also gave me the inside story on Nichols. Pastnor is a huge idiot. He has cost UM a lot of top talent, and has set that program back years.

Why should we be concerned if he wants to be at UK for 2 years? I'd love it if he did.

We all knew Pastnor was an idiot.

Only logical guess is that the "handler" wouldn't want to wait another year to get his money from the draft.

Yep, has to be it and was first thing that popped into my mind. The longer he stays then the more chance this other guy has of messing things up for Skal and UK both.

Scale was a soph in HS then.

That's all you had to say, brother.

Looks like auto correct doesn't just kick my ass lol. I can't wait to see how good skal is on a scal of one to ten

Reactions: Federal Cat
In a just world, a great kid like Skal should not be punished if his guardian did some inadvisable/questionable things without his knowledge. I'm also going to reserve judgment on his guardian. At the end of the day, he did get Skal to the U.S. and get him the necessary exposure and Skal seems to appreciate him for that.

Hope things work out and we get to see Skal on the floor next year and walking to the podium as the No. 1 draft pick a year from now.

Don't know if any of this is true. But either way it sounds like his handler is a useless piece of yak feces that should have been flushed long ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Federal Cat
I don't get the 2nd year thing dude. Nobody does actually. But hell, I've never thought there was anything to worry about anyways because Skal never got paid or nothing, so what's the big deal.

I trust Cal and Sandy Bell but maybe somebody needs to go lock this "handler" in a room for 9 months

If Cam Newton's father can supposedly take 175-180 grand (0r whatever the sum was) and Cam be fine, not sure why anyone is worried about what this handler might be doing...as long as Skal is smart enough to stay away from it.

be41108f58d1bbfb6aa81087c37277ae.jpg

Reactions: EnglandWildcat
So excited to see big skull lobsterisser play... Also sounds like his handler is a idiot, 500 dollar interview lmfao

Lol. Ya I jacked his name and Pastner's up a few times. Sorry about that on a new pad and posted my thread with out looking back.

But yes I was told this handler would start sniffing around Lexington wanting cash if Skal did not cash in after his first year. The handler is no different then a lot of the so called guardians down here. If they find a cash cow in one or more of these kids it's pretty common for them to want to get paid. Remember our past football coach and the high school coaches that collected down here? Funny thing about the HS coach who got busted for getting paid, it was his assistant who turned him in all because he felt like he did not get his share of the cut. A year ago Pierre Niles own uncle who happens to be a pastor in Memphis , came out and said Cal made weekly payments to him while coaching his nephew. So I'm not surprised this handler asked. Just am afraid some deep pocket booster who has nothing to do with the program on a day to day basis may listen to this guy.

The Nichols story goes deep. Pastner brought in the guys Nichols want enter to play with, but in 2 years 9 leave all because Pastner would not play them.

Austin in April was ready to leave. He waited hoping to hear from Pastner and to see who stayed or Pastner brought in. Pastner has not contacted this kid once. Worst of all the team that is left has not even contacted him to play pick up or just to say what's up. So came down to him not wanting to play for this coach . But most of all this team.

Pastner reached out in the end offering jobs to people who new Austin and his dad if they could get him to stay. In the end IT was just to late. The administration wants Pastner gone, but right now it would cost 10 million so they have started turning Cals top program he built into a 2nd rate mid major.

Austin felt lied to and used. Said the King kid was a legit 6"8 point guard who Pastner refused to play. And besides all the rumors Austin was looking forward to playing with the Lawsons and being coached by their dad.

This was all Pastner. This guy had a program and brand name just handed to him and he just destroyed it. Austin is a good kid. And any father would of gotten their son out of that train wreck.

Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
All this nonsense aside, there is about -10% chance Skal stays more than one season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT