ADVERTISEMENT

South Limestone Street in the early 00s

South Limestone will never be the same without...
parking.png
:cry: A good Ho Burger at 2 am always hit the spot.

We were pretty much Kitty O'Sheas/Two Keys people, occasionally mixing in Varsity Blue, Blue Moon, High On Rose or the downtown bars (Rosebuds, Cheapside, etc.).

Get hammered pregaming at somebody's apartment, roll into the Keys, run some game, roll back and drink some more.

One of my best buddies from UK is getting married next weekend and I'm in the wedding. We're 36. Can't wait to party with all my old buddies.

Enjoy college and your 20s, kids. Won't be long until everybody's married.

I remember when there weren't no damn hookah spots in campus. What is all that about? Are they like "bodegas"? People don't actually go there to smoke a damn hookah thing, do they? Plus tobacco is like illegal now. Can you buy hash there is what I'm really asking. That Turkish Gold.

Immediately [I think] after Lynagh's, it was The Bearded Seale from about 1985 - 1991(?). Friend of mine was one of the two owners. Spent quite a bit of time there.:flushed:
The Bearded Seale was great. It closed in '93. One of the owners had some legal problems. He's now a car salesman at a spot on New Circle Rd.

Immediately [I think] after Lynagh's, it was The Bearded Seale from about 1985 - 1991(?). Friend of mine was one of the two owners. Spent quite a bit of time there.:flushed:
I worked at The Mad Mushroom on the corner for a couple years. Always loved the drunks that would stumble in and stir up shit after the bars closed.

Summer of 1999 there was a bar a little bit up from tolly ho called Joplins I think. Would serve us 19 year olds and all our friends. Probably stayed open a month or two.

The Bearded Seale was great. It closed in '93. One of the owners had some legal problems. He's now a car salesman at a spot on New Circle Rd.
I remember the Bearded Seal being closed down and there were a bunch of papers on the glass windows saying that it was by order of the D.E.A. Someone must have had a sideline business going on there.

I remember the Bearded Seal being closed down and there were a bunch of papers on the glass windows saying that it was by order of the D.E.A. Someone must have had a sideline business going on there.
Yes he had a serious sideline business. The kind that gets you federal time.

Too bad there isn't an insiderlexington.com for you to contribute to this thread, DSimpleton.
Why would I need that? This is a thread about memory lane not current events, Lil.d.k.

Last edited:
Why would I need that? This is a thread about memory lane not current events, Lil.d.k.
Does anyone remember a local band that was pretty popular around Lex in the late 90's? They played at Varsity and Two Keys pretty often. I remember they played a bunch of Dave covers.

Had a buddy (my girlfriend's roommate's boyfriend, at the time) that played acoustic at the paddock circa 2004-2005.

I'm still pissed that they moved tolly ho to put in a series of unsuccessful replacements.

Had a professor that told me and my group partner to leave studio and go to happy hour at pazzo's.

Drunkenly introduced myself to Jules Camara at Gambino one time. I woke up/came to on a porch stoop about 3 houses down. Buddy called me the next day and said he woke up at SAE.

That huddle house was where we finally landed after standing for 8 straight hours for the erupption zone for 03 Florida game. Highlight of that night was the freshman spitting bourbon all over his girlfriend's face IN the errupptiin zone because he couldn't handle his liquor.

Chipotle grand opening free burritos, ftw. But we would be at the doba every Thursday between materials/methods class and structures for like 2 hours.

Good times.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT