ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Murray could be the most talked about guard since John Wall

Jul 23, 2002
Been reading very nice reports about the young man, cant wait to see him play. one poster even thinks he will be at least a 2nd team all-American.

Been reading very nice reports about the young man, cant wait to see him play. one poster even thinks he will be at least a 2nd team all-American.

Well Brandon Knight was kind of a big deal.

Also the whole, Keep Calm, The Twins are coming or whatever it was.

So no, I don't think he's the most talked about guard since John Wall.

He's won't be the most talked about....but he might end up being the best. We'll see. I'm in the camp that thinks this kid will be a star,

He's been talked about a bunch because he was last. Past that, you're stirring the pot based on one poster's comment.

Murray is certainly the most talented guard we've had since Knight and he has the potential to be better. My only worry is that he won't have the ball in his hands enough with Ulis and Briscoe also on the court but we have to play our best 5.

Fellow RR posters, don't take smooth as butter's bait. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Troll was banned but with the new rollout, he was resurrected. Loser is trolling hard. This is the 3rd or 4th topic he/she/it has started on Jamal Murray alone. Thread starter pretending he/she/it is genuinely interested in our team then runs like a biotch over to the TARHEEL board and talks ish about how delusional we are. He/She/It is like a cockroach. Don't allow him/her/it to breed and infest this board.

I kinda feel sorry for the guy. If he doesn't walk on water after all the hype, some will brand him a failure. Personally, I think its best to figure he's an incoming freshman and let him make a name for himself.

I kinda feel sorry for the guy. If he doesn't walk on water after all the hype, some will brand him a failure. Personally, I think its best to figure he's an incoming freshman and let him make a name for himself.

Did you see the bash fest thread on the twins? You know, the one where it was politically correct to tear down two 19 year olds that took us to two Final-4's because they didn't meet the demands of fan expectations. [roll]

I feel kinda bad for this smooth as butter character. He/she has been going board to board for MANY YEARS starting random threads and rarely if ever engaging in any actual discusion. There must be something wrong with this person. Im pretty sure they spend the majority of their time on the internet and have no social skills whatsoever.

I feel kinda bad for this smooth as butter character. He/she has been going board to board for MANY YEARS starting random threads and rarely if ever engaging in any actual discusion. There must be something wrong with this person. Im pretty sure they spend the majority of their time on the internet and have no social skills whatsoever.
Exactly...which is why many veterans have him on their ignore list.

Did you see the bash fest thread on the twins? You know, the one where it was politically correct to tear down two 19 year olds that took us to two Final-4's because they didn't meet the demands of fan expectations. [roll]

Yeah. Some folks get the impression I don't like negative comments regarding former players. Actually, I don't have a problem discussing very specific basketball issues. Nobody is absolutely perfect and I'm sure the twins would be the first to point out areas where they need to improve (few of which are ever mentioned here). However, that thread was over the top in light of the overwhelming success those two guys brought to KY.

I saw an interview with Devin Booker last August where he was asked about the big different between the basketball he played in high school and what he played in exhibition as a Wildcat. His response was enlightening. Off the cuff, he said the game was so much faster. I thought this was revealing in that it showed that the very first exhibition and regular season games are likely the most competitive these young kids have ever faced to that point. After those first few easy games, then it ramps up from there. That's a huge adjustment for those young men. Some make it with ease. Some take a bit. Some take a long time. You never really know what's going to happen until they get put into the game situation a few times. I've also found that the level of media and fan hype is not predictive of the length of transition for the player.

So from my seat, I don't get too wound up till I see them play against top quality competition. Then I think we can get an idea as to how long it will take them to perform at their best and understand just what their best is. Getting hyped up months before the season starts is just silly in my opinion.

Reactions: Mike-D
Murray may lead the team in scoring and probably has the highest draft ceiling, but I think Tyler Ulis will be our most talked about guard this year. He's got a legitimate shot at being a First Team All-American. Could lead the nation in assists and will undoubtedly lead the nation in toughness.

in light of chapelgate, maybe he really wants to switch camps.

or maybe we call upon the hammer of ban.

I love Ulis, but I swear some of our fans think the 5'8" 150lbs PG will win every major award, become the next LeBron, and win a Gold Medal all by himself.

There is always a lot ot talk up on our players each year. More of hopeful anticipation than reality until it is proven otherwise. However, we are not the only ones that do this. Most teams do, it is called being a good fan to me. It means you want these kids to succeed not only for us, but for them. I'm all in.

There is always a lot ot talk up on our players each year. More of hopeful anticipation than reality until it is proven otherwise. However, we are not the only ones that do this. Most teams do, it is called being a good fan to me. It means you want these kids to succeed not only for us, but for them. I'm all in.

I'm cool with that. Just have to keep in perspective if a kid is hyped as a first team all universe shoe-in, that if he doesn't make it, its not a failure on his part. The hype was just hot air. Some of us forget that.

Reactions: warrior-cat
What lil I have seen he is right up there with Knight IMO at this stage of his career.

ADVERTISEMENT