ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds Like Miles Bridges Has Dropped UL From His Top 5

Sounds more to me like it's between Kentucky and Michigan State, and he's inserting random schools for the rest. Pretty sure we get this kid.

Hope your feeling is right as I would be pretty excited to add a kid of his talent this late in the recruiting process. It would definitely give our offense a huge boost. But, the way this recruiting season has gone I'm just playing the waiting game and not trying to get too hopeful.

Hope your feeling is right as I would be pretty excited to add a kid of his talent this late in the recruiting process. It would definitely give our offense a huge boost. But, the way this recruiting season has gone I'm just playing the waiting game and not trying to get too hopeful.

Bridges is a 2016 recruit. Wouldn't be adding him for next season

Bridges is a 2016 recruit. Wouldn't be adding him for next season

Echo.
Did a write-up over Bridges (as well as a couple of other 2016 players). He seems like a UK lock. Before he got the offer, mostly all he talked about was hoping that he received an offer from UK, and finally got it. Since then, Kentucky has steadily become the favorite for Bridges.

Echo.
Did a write-up over Bridges (as well as a couple of other 2016 players). He seems like a UK lock. Before he got the offer, mostly all he talked about was hoping that he received an offer from UK, and finally got it. Since then, Kentucky has steadily become the favorite for Bridges.

Let's hope Cal will be roping these guys in starting this summer. I think it would be in UK's best interest to lock in commitments as early as possible. I wouldn't even mind if Cal had a "first come, first served" type of attitude regarding schollys. That could keep UK from getting into the same predicament as this year.

Hope we get Bridges, but he's a hometown kid for MSU. I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay close to home.

I'd love to get Simmons, Langford, and Bridges for 2016-17. That's a lot of talent on the perimeter.

Gary Harris was begging for a UK offer but ultimately picked State. Hopefully being on Bridges earlier will help this time around.

Dream class for '16:

PG - Simmons
SG - Monk
SF - Bridges
PF - Giles
C - Azubuike

I'd also be more than content with King or Langford instead of Monk and Bridges

Last edited:
Anyone that doesn't include Monk in their dream class hasn't been following recruiting close enough..Monk is a freak show and the type of scorer we desperately need to add another title. monk and Azubuike are must gets.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Dream class for '16:

PG - Simmons
SG - Monk
SF - Bridges
PF - Giles
C - Azubuike

5514414.jpg

Gary Harris was begging for a UK offer but ultimately picked State. Hopefully being on Bridges earlier will help this time around.

Dream class for '16:

PG - Simmons
SG - Monk
SF - Bridges
PF - Giles
C - Azubuike

I'd also be more than content with King or Langford instead of Monk and Bridges

After being at EYBL this past weekend, if I were a UK fan, I'd take away Bridges and insert Jonathan Isaac. Taller-more versatile and talented. Bridges is rugged/tough but Isaac more fluid and skilled--and has Brandon Ingram type frame. I'd expect for Isaac to be a top 10 prospect in '16 class by end of Summer. He loves UK too. 6'9 (legit) shooter, ball handling is better then Bridges and can utilize both hands dribbling better then Bridges who is basically an undersized PF who fires from deep, misses a lot of shots not in the paint, and can't go right. If you can't land Monk, several 2G options but he's as advertised, and I'm very impressed with De'Aaron Fox from Houston Hoops in '16--but I've not seen Kobi Simmons in person.

Dennis Smith was vastly overrated as he played with Team Penny this weekend. Didn't see much from him. Doubt he's part of the "package deal" with Giles/Tatum being discussed. He's not good enough without the ball to play on wing. With ball--gets trapped on sidelines too often.

UK mentioned a lot with superstar '17 Jarred Vanderbilt from Houston, TX (teammate of Fox).

Also liked John Petty, Troy Brown, Michael Porter, and Bruce Brown.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
After being at EYBL this past weekend, if I were a UK fan, I'd take away Bridges and insert Jonathan Isaac. Taller-more versatile and talented. Bridges is rugged/tough but Isaac more fluid and skilled--and has Brandon Ingram type frame. I'd expect for Isaac to be a top 10 prospect in '16 class by end of Summer. He loves UK too. 6'9 (legit) shooter, ball handling is better then Bridges and can utilize both hands dribbling better then Bridges who is basically an undersized PF who fires from deep, misses a lot of shots not in the paint, and can't go right. If you can't land Monk, several 2G options but he's as advertised, and I'm very impressed with De'Aaron Fox from Houston Hoops in '16--but I've not seen Kobi Simmons in person.

Dennis Smith was vastly overrated as he played with Team Penny this weekend. Didn't see much from him. Doubt he's part of the "package deal" with Giles/Tatum being discussed. He's not good enough without the ball to play on wing. With ball--gets trapped on sidelines too often.

UK mentioned a lot with superstar '17 Jarred Vanderbilt from Houston, TX (teammate of Fox).

Also liked John Petty, Troy Brown, Michael Porter, and Bruce Brown.

Solid write up.

Simmons and Langford are AAU teammates and I would like to have them together.

Isaac is intriguing as well.

With Ulis likely back, a combo (Simmons) and two big wings (out of Langford, Monk, Bridges, Isaac, etc.) are necessities, especially in this class, which is absolutely loaded with skilled wings.

Cal would probably take Bridges or Isaac or maybe both. They could be interchangeable on the wing in the DDMO.

Simmons and Langford are AAU teammates and I would like to have them together.

Isaac is intriguing as well.

With Ulis likely back, a combo (Simmons) and two big wings (out of Langford, Monk, Bridges, Isaac, etc.) are necessities, especially in this class, which is absolutely loaded with skilled wings.

Cal would probably take Bridges or Isaac or maybe both. They could be interchangeable on the wing in the DDMO.
Bridges would be an odd fit in DDM because he can't use his RH and doesn't shoot it well enough. He shoots it better then Brandon Dawson did at Michigan State--but he's similar in that he's about 6'5 and better inside then firing up misses from deep. Great athlete and strong. Isaac is your long skilled guy--ala Brandon Ingram. Difference is he's from Bronx originally, and attends IMG academy (although every prep school was at even and Montverde and Oak Hill were at each game and he missed 3 out of the 5 they played this weekend due to back spasms). Isaac is more of a UK kid imo--type that they've been missing at the WF/SF position. He's ideal in that he can add length/rebounding at SF spot but not sacrifice ball handling/handling/passing. Next to Michael Porter--he had best looking jumpshot I saw all weekend.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Bridges would be an odd fit in DDM because he can't use his RH and doesn't shoot it well enough. He shoots it better then Brandon Dawson did at Michigan State--but he's similar in that he's about 6'5 and better inside then firing up misses from deep. Great athlete and strong. Isaac is your long skilled guy--ala Brandon Ingram. Difference is he's from Bronx originally, and attends IMG academy (although every prep school was at even and Montverde and Oak Hill were at each game and he missed 3 out of the 5 they played this weekend due to back spasms). Isaac is more of a UK kid imo--type that they've been missing at the WF/SF position. He's ideal in that he can add length/rebounding at SF spot but not sacrifice ball handling/handling/passing. Next to Michael Porter--he had best looking jumpshot I saw all weekend.

Why is Bridges rated higher than Isaac? Sounds like Isaac is longer, more athletic, and more skilled.

I haven't seen these guys, and really haven't paid much attention to the '16 class until just recently.

Thanks for the info, I think either player would fit.

The 4 spot in the DDMO is a bit of a hybrid spot usually. It works best with an inside/outside player.

Might be a good spot for a player like Bridges to work on his outside game (to get ready for the next level) without getting exploited by quicker players at the 3.

If he goes to MSU he ends up suffering the same fate as Dawson: labeled as an undersized PF his entire career.

Echo.
I believe Calipari has as good of a chance to sign him as anyone, but it's goofy at this point to say he is a UK lock.

Why is Bridges rated higher than Isaac? Sounds like Isaac is longer, more athletic, and more skilled.

I haven't seen these guys, and really haven't paid much attention to the '16 class until just recently.

Thanks for the info, I think either player would fit.

The 4 spot in the DDMO is a bit of a hybrid spot usually. It works best with an inside/outside player.

Might be a good spot for a player like Bridges to work on his outside game (to get ready for the next level) without getting exploited by quicker players at the 3.

If he goes to MSU he ends up suffering the same fate as Dawson: labeled as an undersized PF his entire career.

Isaac is very thin and has developed more of a jumper/skill set while at IMG--he's originally from the Bronx. Isaac is typical case of player developing--and it happens where kids develop and explode Summer prior to Sr year.

Bridges is very good--don't get me wrong-he's not a terrible player--but as a SF--UK is involved with a lot of kids who I think are better options and can do more things then Miles. Bridges plays very hard--but offensively I think he's severely lacking for a guy who is seen by many as a top 10-15 prospect. He can't shoot, go right, and has weak handles. UK friend was telling me how much staff liked Brandon Ingram--well Isaac is a clone to that type of player imo---and first game out in a "hostile" environment for an AAU setting (played against hometown Howard Pulley team) he came out--took over game with back to back 3's, threw down sick dunks, defended and bothered Gary Trent Jr, and threw a full length pass to Maverick Rowan for an assist. They were up by 30 and Isaac played about half of a 32 min game.

As for Gary Trent Jr--he's blowing up this Spring--had a great Soph season at Apple Valley (Same school as Tyus Jones) but two things need to be noted. This is Pulley's worst team in over a decade and he shoots all the time. More importantly--he strictly is relying on 3's in halfcourt--Isaac crowded him as did his teammates and ran him off line--and he had no answer. Needs to work on handles and pull up jumper to really be as he's hyped. If more of these "experts" quit kissing each other's ass at these events and more time watching--they might see the strengths/weaknesses of guys. Too many experts watch with their ears and go off talk. Watch kids play--they all have strengths and weaknesses--heaven forbid we're honest.

Isaac is very thin and has developed more of a jumper/skill set while at IMG--he's originally from the Bronx. Isaac is typical case of player developing--and it happens where kids develop and explode Summer prior to Sr year.

Bridges is very good--don't get me wrong-he's not a terrible player--but as a SF--UK is involved with a lot of kids who I think are better options and can do more things then Miles. Bridges plays very hard--but offensively I think he's severely lacking for a guy who is seen by many as a top 10-15 prospect. He can't shoot, go right, and has weak handles. UK friend was telling me how much staff liked Brandon Ingram--well Isaac is a clone to that type of player imo---and first game out in a "hostile" environment for an AAU setting (played against hometown Howard Pulley team) he came out--took over game with back to back 3's, threw down sick dunks, defended and bothered Gary Trent Jr, and threw a full length pass to Maverick Rowan for an assist. They were up by 30 and Isaac played about half of a 32 min game.

As for Gary Trent Jr--he's blowing up this Spring--had a great Soph season at Apple Valley (Same school as Tyus Jones) but two things need to be noted. This is Pulley's worst team in over a decade and he shoots all the time. More importantly--he strictly is relying on 3's in halfcourt--Isaac crowded him as did his teammates and ran him off line--and he had no answer. Needs to work on handles and pull up jumper to really be as he's hyped. If more of these "experts" quit kissing each other's ass at these events and more time watching--they might see the strengths/weaknesses of guys. Too many experts watch with their ears and go off talk. Watch kids play--they all have strengths and weaknesses--heaven forbid we're honest.
Thanks for the rundown. It's funny how many kids have a poor jump shot going in to college. Overall, Cal seems to value athleticism over shooting but I strongly prefer to have at least a couple players who you have to respect from the outside on the team. I like Bridges but if Isaac is a Brandon Ingram clone, I'd prefer him. My guess is Cal will too. If so, the question is will he take a commit from Bridges early or wait it out for Isaac? After this year, I wonder if his pickiness will wane a bit.

Not seen Issac, but that is how he is generally described + he seems to be constantly improving. Bridges, may be a nice player, but there are many wings more talented, especially offensively. Bridges seems to struggle to score against better competition

I would be surprised if Bridges went anywhere other than Michigan State. Been a huge Spartan fan his whole life. I believe he is a relative of Jason Richardson. He and Cassius Winson are the two kids Izzo has keyed on forever regards the 2016 class to go with already commited Nick Ward. Always plenty of surprises in recruiting, so who knows, but I would be quite surprised with Bridges going elsewhere.

Bridges will be at Michigan State or UK. I've read where some have said UK is Bridges' dream school. I'm not sure how true that is. I prefer Isaac and love his game. Reminds me of a younger Durant. Also, I hate the word "lock"

Came back in to post I was wrong regards Bridges. He isn't the cousin of Jason Richardson . That kid is Brian " Tugs" Bowen. A 2017 kid who figures to end up at MSU in spite of ultimately a lot of suitors.
Bridges does work out a lot with Mateen Cleaves and is indeed a heavy MSU lean....... But not a JRich relative
Sorry for the bad info, I am getting old. Next I will be putting my wallet in the fridge.... Lol

ADVERTISEMENT