ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry Hoosier fans...

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
No Kentucky game for the Hoosiers to try to build a little momentum for their moribund basketball program - at least next year - in the schedule released today.

I say that's good. Kentucky doesn't need them, has nothing to gain by playing a team the Cats have beaten 80 percent of the time since the early 1990s and that has vanished from national relevance. And UK shouldn't reward a program for the boorish behavior displayed during the last Bloomington game -- incited by their half-wit coach.

I'm fine with letting the triple-digit thrashing in the 2012 tournament stand as the last meeting until UK can beat them in the NCAA tournament again.

1987 is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago!

Let IU and their scum bag fan base continue to rot away into mid-major land

I hope you post the same message next year...

and the year after that... and the year after that... and the year after that... and...

ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: UK till Death
No Kentucky game for the Hoosiers to try to build a little momentum for their moribund basketball program...

indiana%20book_zps1twmkcci.png

Indiana wanted no part of us LAST year but now that we lost 80% of our offense and they should have one of their better teams in many years, they now want to play us. I think we would still beat them on a neutral floor-- hopefully in the NCAA tournament. Otherwise, let them rot.

I think it's our best traditional rival. I don't think any game we can schedule can compare to the 50/50 split crowd and vitriol that the Hoosier games "can" create.

Id like to see Indiana turn back into Indiana again for a while and enjoy the rivalry again.

No Kentucky game for the Hoosiers to try to build a little momentum for their moribund basketball program - at least next year - in the schedule released today.

I say that's good. Kentucky doesn't need them, has nothing to gain by playing a team the Cats have beaten 80 percent of the time since the early 1990s and that has vanished from national relevance. And UK shouldn't reward a program for the boorish behavior displayed during the last Bloomington game -- incited by their half-wit coach.

I'm fine with letting the triple-digit thrashing in the 2012 tournament stand as the last meeting until UK can beat them in the NCAA tournament again.

I guess I gotta be the fuddy duddy traditionalist of the group when I say I don't think our schedule is quite the same without the traditional Clown U (as I love to call 'em) matchup and it was a crying shame our traditional UK/IU football matchup with the neat giant barrel with red/blue stripes for each game was done away with due to nothing more than political correctness (look it up). :( I mean if they don't want to associate the barrel with adult beverages they could reinstate the UK/IU football game and call it the Cracker Barrel Classic.

Then again, Clown U was much more fun to poke/tease at when they had Bobby Knight as their ringmaster...I mean they don't have a real mascot so someone had to be their symbol right?

No problem, IU plays the other 3 teams in the final 4 from last year. UK has lost some luster after getting taken down by a team with 0-5 star players.
Also, thanks for all the publicity you gave the 76 team all year! :sunglasses:

Reactions: scribe56
I still believe the universe is a little better off when Kentucky and Indiana meet up once a year on the basketball court. To each their own.

Why wrestle with pigs while watching a basketball game? Makes no sense. Schedule a game with the Crips or the Bloods if mindless violence makes your day.

I look forward to "The Resurgance Of..." the IU/UK series.

No problem, IU plays the other 3 teams in the final 4 from last year. UK has lost some luster after getting taken down by a team with 0-5 star players.
What would a fan of a team that has been past the Sweet 16 once since 1993 know about 'luster?' Kentucky has won the championship three times since then, and been to eight Final Fours and 12 Elite Eights. We are well into a second generation of college basketball fans who have no idea Indiana ever won anything. IUsetobe is reduced to reflected luster from other teams it plays. I'm happy for Kentucky not to be part of it.

What would a fan of a team that has been past the Sweet 16 once since 1993 know about 'luster?' Kentucky has won the championship three times since then, and been to eight Final Fours and 12 Elite Eights. We are well into a second generation of college basketball fans who have no idea Indiana ever won anything. IUsetobe is reduced to reflected luster from other teams it plays. I'm happy for Kentucky not to be part of it.
IU fans should have the brain power to keep quiet concerning Kentucky basketball. Their program is a sad, pathetic joke compared to ours. Same with the Tards.

You're not dealing with people with substantial brain function, unfortunately.

I think it's our best traditional rival. I don't think any game we can schedule can compare to the 50/50 split crowd and vitriol that the Hoosier games "can" create.

Id like to see Indiana turn back into Indiana again for a while and enjoy the rivalry again.

source_code_denial.gif

Let their suffering continue.

Living vicariously through another school is such a Hoosier (and UofL) thing to do.

38-1, Final Four, the #1 incoming player and we've lost our luster. Oh man. Think you'll make another Sweet Sixteen this year? Whooooooo!

ADVERTISEMENT