ADVERTISEMENT

Someone translate, please…

BlueBomb

All-American
Apr 3, 2009
The ESPN color analyst on the UNC/Oklahoma game just said “there’s a little mouse in the house action.” She said it when a UNC player made a move in the post.

WTH?

Reactions: Fox2monk
When a shorter player gets caught guarding a much taller player in the painted area near the basket, the taller player will yell, “mouse in the house” to his teammate, signifying, they want the ball now!Apr 19, 2020

Reactions: deep3
When a shorter player gets caught guarding a much taller player in the painted area near the basket, the taller player will yell, “mouse in the house” to his teammate, signifying, they want the ball now!Apr 19, 2020
Hmmm…I’ve played/watched basketball for 40 years and I’ve never heard that.

Back in my day, we would just yell, “throw me the damn ball!”

Excuse Me Mouse GIF

I can promise you it’s not a new term lol I feel like a lot of 90s-00s era NBA guys say it (like the nba on tnt crew)

Reactions: RunninRichie
It usually means a big guy got matched up with a smaller defender in the post.

Typically it's the opposite but yeah.

Smaller player on offense doing work in the paint or getting caught up amongst the trees down low.

Mouse in the house is a SUPER common basketball phrase. Shocked that many here have never heard it.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Yeah, me too. Used to just blatantly say, “I’m open.“

The ESPN color analyst on the UNC/Oklahoma game just said “there’s a little mouse in the house action.” She said it when a UNC player made a move in the post.

WTH?
It's said in most basketball circles and during a lot of games. Mouse(guard) in the house (paint) against a center/forward. It's like when Shaq says, BBQ Chicken when a guard gets switched off on a big man.

Reactions: BlueBomb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT