ADVERTISEMENT

Soda/Pop of Choice

funKYcat75

All-American
Apr 10, 2008
Free Mash
I'm sure a lot of us have dropped them for health/medical reasons, but what is/was your go-to carbonated (non-alcoholic) beverage.

Mine was this. I actually miss the taste of it, but I don't miss the tast of acid coming back up my esophagus.

pepsi-free.jpg

Wonder how many posts before someone ignores the actual question and responds with "None. Soda is bad for you, I gave it up years ago".

Not sure why people do that.

Oh, and the only 2 sodas I drink ever are Coke Zero and Sprite Zero. And that's fairly rare.

This and I drink way to many of em...Wonder how much weight will come off if you stop drinking pop?

diet_pepsi_330_ml.jpg

This post was edited on 3/6 9:30 AM by 55wildcat

Before I stopped drinking soda, I drank a TON (it was nothing for me to drink more than a 2-liter per day or more than 7 or 8 cans). My favorites changed over time.

Mr. Pibb when I was younger - before they changed to Pibb X-tra, would substitute Dr. Pepper
Then I decided to "cut calories":
Diet Coke
Diet Dr. Pepper
Coke Zero was my actual favorite when I stopped.

Diet Coke with a splash of Coke to sweeten it. 95% of the soda I drink is from the fountain, so much better than a can or bottle. I drink, at a minimum, 1.5 2L a day. I have a problem.

Re: coke of Choice

Dr. Pepper for me.

ps: I've corrected the title in my response. Midwesterners and Yankees use "pop" or "soda". Southerners use the generic term "coke". You are welcome.

Originally posted by JonathanW:

ps: I've corrected the title in my response. Midwesterners and Yankees use "pop" or "soda". Southerners use the generic term "coke". You are welcome.
I'm a native Kentuckian, and that's just silly. You'd call your Dr. Pepper a Coke?

Cherry flavored diet Dr. Pepper.

Soda consumption is becoming less and less for me. Im digging on Cranergy when I dont want water.

Originally posted by funKYcat75:

I'm a native Kentuckian, and that's just silly. You'd call your Dr. Pepper a Coke?
Southerners do. Not that anything is really wrong with that.

Here in USA:

Schwepps Seltzer Water, unflavored (cans) - perfect carbonation level.
Canada Dry Sparkling Seltzer Water, unflavored (cans)
HEB Generic Sparkling Water, unflavored (cans)
HEB Seltzer Water, bottle (57 cents/liter)

When above are unavailable:

San Pellegrino Sparkling Water, unflavored.
Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water, unflavored.

Germany:

Hassia Sprudel, unflavored. - perfect. Wish I could import it.
Generic sparkling water by the case.

I have not touched a Coke, Pepsi or any other garbage soft drink in over 6 years.

Originally posted by wildcat1973:
The correct answer is McDonald's Coke. Liquid crack.
Absolutely true for "restaurant" drinks. Ronald gets the syrup/carbonation ratio right nearly every time.

For bottle/can the list is 1. Coke and 1a. Mountain Dew. If I drank alcohol like I drink sodas I'd be n my third or fourth liver transplant by now.

Dr. Pepper for me.

Tennessee doesn't. Our generic term is 'cold drink'. We call Coke 'co-cola'. And SunDrop rules in Middle Tennessee. Mountain Dew is for the young folk. Now the younger generation will use soda as a generic term at times but even they draw the line at 'pop'.

Now for South Carolina. Our heritage drink is Blenheim Ginger Ale. Every other ginger ale you have ever had is a pale imitation of the Real Deal. The Red Cap #3 Hot Blenheim will clear your sinuses and flush out your guts! Thing is, the only place in Kentucky that carries it is the Rabbit Hash General Store in Burlington. If that's too far, you can get it on Amazon. The Gold Cap is the milder version (but still spicy) and the White Cap is the diet version. Goes very well with bourbon and rum, but don't use the premium brands. #3 overpowers everything, but liquor does tame that flame a bit!

Growing up Sprite was my favorite. While in the Air Force, I always craved Big Red, but they didn't have it out in Nebraska. I would buy a case of it when home on leave to bring back with me. Now I don't drink much soda, but when I do it usually is Coke. I will only drink soda with food. I never touch it when just thirsty. I mostly drink water now.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The anti-soda craze these days amazes me. I know many people who eat whatever the F they want, but will under no circumstance drink a soda. I mean I know the shit isn't good for you, but people are practically putting it on the same level as cigarettes these days.

A favorite from the 70's when it was made with sugar. Doesn't taste the same anymore.
mqWhIWNL-rAdMfqU8U3Jq6A.jpg

I've cut way back on sodas,but those new fangled restaurant coke machines that let you add flavorings is teh best.

Cherry Vanilla Coke for the win!

Coke Zero. I hate Diet Coke but drank it for years in restaurants that serve Coke products because I want to waste my calories on FOOD. Diet Pepsi is WAY better than Diet Coke but so many restaurants serve Coke products that I had to settle.

But Coke Zero is awesome. Zero calories and tastes very much like old Coke to me. I'm sure that it is killing me somehow but I don't care. I love it and EVERY restaurant should be serving it at this point. Those that aren't get less and less of my business these days.

On the rare occasions I drink soda, its usually either:

- Orange soda - whatever brand
-Sprite or 7-up
-Root Beer

I always used to/do drink mine flat though. Like I will literally shake up the bottle and slowly let air out until its flat like a complete weirdo. For some reason I never liked the carbonation, always felt like my throat was burning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT