4. Georgia
5. Vanderbilt
6. South Carolina
7. Mississippi
8. Florida
9. Mississippi State
10. Arkansas
11. Tennessee

Alabama, Missouri and Auburn will be a joke...

LSU will be good with lots of wing shooters and scorers, but weak inside. Simmons will be great at PF for them but no one really good at Center. Mediocre at PG as well. They are kind of opposite of us. We are great at PG and at Center with Ulis, Briscoe, and Labissiere, but still have questions on the wing and at PF(though if Poythress comes back 100% and/or we get Diallo, that could be a strength).

Reactions: brianpoe
LSU will be a top 25 team but nothing special. With them losing Mickey and Martin they wont be much better than they were this year. They don't have a single big man that's worth a dime. All they have is a big time SG, and a big time SF or combo forward or whatever you wanna call him, then a bunch of decent role players. If they had a couple good post players they'd be top 5 though. So they could've been special if Martin and Mickey had came back. I think Texas A&M will be really good next year. I could see them as a top 20 team all year long.

Reactions: brianpoe
Vandy, LSU, and A&M should be the top competitors for that coveted second place in the SEC. South Carolina and Georgia are darkhorses.

I think Vanderbilt will be better than LSU.
Vandy has Jones who is a first round pick. They have a transfer from Cornell I think who is a player and four other guys who all shoot over 40 percent from 3. They will be really hard to defend and could actually be the best team in the league next year because they are a lot like Duke this year. They will average Making 10-15,threes a game and will really score the ball.

I don't think UK is a lock for #1. Vandy could end up with it, especially if our roster doesn't change. Florida will be good next year, yall are underselling them. A&M will be very good also. Wouldn't surprise me if they beat us next year.

Reactions: RD_Gator
I discount Florida because they lose Frazier (NBA Draft) and Walker (NBA Draft). They could also lose Donovan to the NBA.

Sure, they return Hill, Carter, Finney-Smith, Robinson, Murphy, Chiozza and get DeVon Walker back, but they won't have any size.

Didn't LSU just sign another top 30 ranked PG, or was he a wing player? They needed Mickey and Martin to return to really challenge UK imo

If Billy D returns, I'd go LSU and Florida. MSU will be lucky to get 8th or 9th and an NIT bid. I don't knock any kid for not choosing UK, but there are at least 68 other schools I would have chosen if I were Newman. Close to home is great, but if I had one year in college, I'd sure as heck wanna play in the Big Dance

LSU also has a PF transfer from Arizona. I like them second. They could win the SEC if the players mesh and the coaching is there. They have the talent.

I don't think UK is a lock for #1. Vandy could end up with it, especially if our roster doesn't change. Florida will be good next year, yall are underselling them. A&M will be very good also. Wouldn't surprise me if they beat us next year.

Preseason? Doubt Vandy is #1.

Tony Delk picked them as the best team in the SEC next year so they could be. The only way I'd vote our current roster #1 preseason is if I'm just getting UK the benefit of the doubt.

I absolutely love that we're consistently being mentioned with the upper echelon of the league. I'm waiting on this possible transfer to pop to see how good we really can be. I'm hoping it's Goodwin from Memphis.

Vandy will be good but look at the Cats Marcus, Alex, Tyler, Skal, Isaiah, Charles,Derek,Dominque,and a few more players,the Cats will still be the best team in a tough Sec

1. Kentucky
2. Texas A&M
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Vanderbilt
6. South Carolina
7. Mississippi
8. Florida
9. Mississippi State
10. Arkansas
11. Tennessee

Alabama, Missouri and Auburn will be a joke...
Move LSU to #2 and Florida to #6 and you've got it about right.

1. UK
2. Vandy - solid team this past year, returning core
3. A&M - solid team and great recruiting class
4. LSU - agree with a lot of the previous posters - great recruiting class but they lost two studs as well. I think they do well to stay even with this past year. Had Mickey and Martin stayed, I would like have had them 1b with us and a top 10 team in the country - without them, they will do well to finish 4th.

ADVERTISEMENT