ADVERTISEMENT

So how do you like the new board now?

Jun 6, 2010
I think it is a major improvement. Best thing is it allows you to keep better track of the threads you posted on. Thanks to Audentio Design.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I've liked it the whole time. The old format was pretty much trash. No offense to trash.

On mobile, I'd like more thread title per page, and it's still way too easy to click on their profile instead of the thread (who cares about profiles, seriously?)

Other than that, it's fine. Better than it used to be.

It's funtionality is much improved. I'm still charmed by the old layout. The ease on the new setup to be alerted of post quotes, replies and posting history was a much needed change to update the forum to this decade.

On my iMac it's really good and more user friendly , on my iPhone I prefer the old format because it put too much emphasis on making the thread titles larger . You cannot see who made the last post in a thread without opening it up , it saved me time because if I noticed a known moron made the latest post I wouldn't even check it out . It's also more difficult to know when to start a paragraph, it feels like I'm creating a Borg cube on the iPhone and when I look on the iMac I have created four one sentence paragraphs. Small things but annoying .

It took a while to get used to, but there is always going to be changes in life.

Functions much, much better. The old one was broken and buggy. I do like this one much better with the browser extension, though.

On mobile it's pretty much trash.

On my apple it's pretty much the ish.

In my heart I will forever be a former catspause "old" site hippie.

Not sure I ever left Wildcatchat format.

1995 Oregon trail 2 was so much better than Oregon trail 1.

This got me thinking of number munchers. Is it still around?

It's gotten better. Other than the trolls, that is. At least it isn't purple anymore.

I like it. I don't post often, but I read multiple threads every day. The navigation is nice and easy. I like knowing exactly which post I've stopped reading at in a thread and it picks me up right there when it is reopened.

Reactions: michaeluk26
now that I'm used to it I love it. It's much more fluid and the stupid "can't post more than once a minute" block is gone. Much better also now that most of the good emoticons are back.
Heck Yeah! I didn't realize some of the old classic emoticons were back! [banana][cheers]:cool2:

Still don't like it. The functions are better but the old site looked much better. I'm only on here with my iPhone and the mobile view of this site sucks the big one. If things were smaller and you could see the site on your phone exactly the way it looks on a computer then I wouldn't have a problem.

Reactions: .S&C.
I am always resistant to change, and until the extensions came along, I was not a fan of the look of it. I always have liked the functionality way better than the old one and with the extensions the look of it is great too. Highly recommended.

Thanks man, I "liked" you back [cheers]

15151667.jpg

A question.

When I "Sign In", it takes me to the National Rivals board, but I want to be directed to this board instead of that one.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

Reactions: UKGrad93
I think it is a major improvement. Best thing is it allows you to keep better track of the threads you posted on. Thanks to Audentio Design.

I think there should be a separate forum or something for if we want to ask/discuss something about the history of UK basketball...seems like nearly all the topics are about the here and now and I'm honestly most into learning more about UK b-ball history.

Love it on my iPhone 6 Plus, much easier to navigate. Haven't used it on my computer yet.

I definitely disagree with some of you about mobile. I hated the old site on mobile, having to zoom so much to be able to read it that I had to scroll the screen back and forth to see all the text. I like the new one on mobile.

What I can't figure out is why on my laptop, I don't get the popup preview while on my desktop at work, I do. Same browser (chrome) with same extensions.

Reactions: HarnessedCat
I definitely disagree with some of you about mobile. I hated the old site on mobile, having to zoom so much to be able to read it that I had to scroll the screen back and forth to see all the text. I like the new one on mobile.

What I can't figure out is why on my laptop, I don't get the popup preview while on my desktop at work, I do. Same browser (chrome) with same extensions.
Same way mobile is awesome the old format was bad now its good iphone5 i like the web browser also.Im upgrading my home computer soon i will know more then.So far so good.

ok, the things I missed most were the emoticons - I can deal with these. :smiley:

Only thing I hate now is that I have the page favorite - and I have to re-sign in every time, and it takes me to the rivals main page when I do. PITA, but the overall feel is good.

Reactions: UKGrad93
ADVERTISEMENT