ADVERTISEMENT

Sling TV

SosaUK

Senior
Jun 11, 2013
I am sure this has probably been addressed so I apologize in advance.

Anybody use this or know of anyone that does?

Thoughts?

I used it to watch the early rounds of the ncaa tournament. It cut out and buffered a lot. But that was when it was brand new. I've heard it's been fixed

I used it to watch the early rounds of the ncaa tournament. It cut out and buffered a lot. But that was when it was brand new. I've heard it's been fixed
Thanks. I wouldn't be able to deal with buffering and cut outs. It doesn't come with the SEC network correct? You have to add it on for like $5 bucks?

Had it for 3 months now. Added the sports package & HBO. Love it.

What all does the sports package include? I have a HBOGO thing so I don't need that. Also, how much was the sports package? Thanks.

Also, does AppleTV have an app for it or what? How exactly do you access it?

What all does the sports package include? I have a HBOGO thing so I don't need that. Also, how much was the sports package? Thanks.

Sports package was $5 extra. Includes ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPN NEWS/SEC Network/ESPN Buzzer Beater/ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Deportes/UNivision Deportes/NBC Universal Sports/beIN Sports (Soccer)

Sports package was $5 extra. Includes ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPN NEWS/SEC Network/ESPN Buzzer Beater/ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Deportes/UNivision Deportes/NBC Universal Sports/beIN Sports (Soccer)
Oh, nice. Thank you.

I really wish it had USA, FX, and Comedy Central on the base package.

I could make do without having FX though since the only shows I watch on there (American Horror Story, The Americans) is available for steaming on either Netflix or Amazon Prime though. If push came to shove I could make do without Comedy Central too for the same reasons as FX. Maybe USA, though I'd have to know if Mr. Robot would be available on streaming eventually, that show is FIRE.

Get the base package along with the sports package and I'd be doing pretty well. I don't have a DVR as it is so not having that would just be the norm for me. I'd also need an ISP that doesn't have a data cap, yes I'm calling you out Comcast.

Last edited:
Reactions: SosaUK
slingtvbasic-100578917-orig.png

slingtvaddons-100580458-orig.png

FYI, they just added two new channels. Polaris+ will be included with the standard package and Turner Classic Movies has been added to the Hollywood Extra package. I signed up for a trial last march and it was a pretty nice service. The interface still needs some work. It's still a little clunky and not very intuitive. I'm waiting around for 2.0 before I commit.

FYI, they just added two new channels. Polaris+ will be included with the standard package and Turner Classic Movies has been added to the Hollywood Extra package. I signed up for a trial last march and it was a pretty nice service. The interface still needs some work. It's still a little clunky and not very intuitive. I'm waiting around for 2.0 before I commit.
Thank you.

5 dollars is not bad at all for all those sports channels.

I found the lack of pause and rewind a real bummer (ha, and I'm an 80's child, how times have changed). Also, the quality was really grainy for me, whereas Netflix is stunningly clear. I'll chalk that up to the service being in the first few weeks when I tried it.

Overall it isn't bad, thought between some, uh, "creative password sharing" I've already got all the ESPNs, HBO and Netflix, so that covers 99% of my needs. Anything good on AMC, I'll uh, "creatively download" since I can pause, rewind, and watch with no bandwidth issues.

I do miss Comedy Central, Conan, and food network, but it's just not that important to spend the money to me. I'd rather get more beer.

Reactions: SosaUK
ADVERTISEMENT