ADVERTISEMENT

Skal vs Towns 2013

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
Not sure I can remember a UK big man that could shoot any better than that at this point in his career. Hell, he shoots better right now than almost any 7 footer that plays four years. I'm not projecting anything, but he can shoot very well. Like a giant guard.

Skal is more of a lithe athlete and has a smoother perimeter stroke. We'll have to see if he's the rebounder, shotblocker and interior scorer that Towns became. Kid's offensive talent is unreal, though.

Anyone think cal will actually let a big man shoot?
No. Several bigs that we have had that could shoot didn't get that opportunity. No reason to think that will change. Don't expect any perimeter scoring from Skal.

No. Several bigs that we have had that could shoot didn't get that opportunity. No reason to think that will change. Don't expect any perimeter scoring from Skal.
Except for the fact that Skal is kind of a stick. I could see him playing a Lyles like 4 position when needed.

Except for the fact that Skal is kind of a stick. I could see him playing a Lyles like 4 position when needed.
Yea I could see that as the exception. But most of what Skal puts up will be 15 ft and in. Even with Cal "position-less" basketball has it's limits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT