ADVERTISEMENT

Silicon Valley

M4K3 it 8

Junior
Mar 28, 2009
Alright nerds, line up. This show is freaking awesome. TJ Miller might be the funniest human on the planet

tumblr_nm7hlwMSd91sul8mho1_400.gif

Originally posted by M4K3 it 8:
Alright nerds, line up. This show is freaking awesome. TJ Miller might be the funniest human on the planet

tumblr_nm7hlwMSd91sul8mho1_400.gif
\Thread

Well.. not end thread. Because this show is just so damn good, couldn't end it there. Good season premier the other night. A lot of buzz going around that Judge and company are so spot on to Silicon Valley and these tech companies that the lines are seriously blurred between what's a joke and what's not.

And TJ Miller is one of my favorite stand-ups. Youtube him when you get the chance.

Hate that the guy that played Peter Gregory died of cancer. He was my favorite character of Season 1.

I thought the best thing about this season premier was Richard. Elrich is funny without a doubt but Richard is nailing the awkward nerd role and you can feel the uncomfortablness watching his scenes.

It's kind of weird to me that they took the new woman who is in Peter Gregory's role and made her so much like Peter Gregory. There's no way she can duplicate his performance, anyway.

Might as well try something new there, IMO

Originally posted by chitown87:

It's kind of weird to me that they took the new woman who is in Peter Gregory's role and made her so much like Peter Gregory. There's no way she can duplicate his performance, anyway.

Might as well try something new there, IMO
Yep. That was my only real complaint. Hopefully she won't last long, or gets much, much better.

*The dick joke from last year remains one of the funniest moments in television history, IMO.

Originally posted by catlanta33:
Hate that the guy that played Peter Gregory died of cancer. He was my favorite character of Season 1.

I thought the best thing about this season premier was Richard. Elrich is funny without a doubt but Richard is nailing the awkward nerd role and you can feel the uncomfortablness watching his scenes.
Rack all of it.

I know there's a lot of hate for Gregory's replacement, but I gotta say I am a bit excited. And is anyone not salivating at Amanda Crew? There's a nice scene out there from Crazy Kind of Love.

MV5BMTkyOTIwMzE1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzU5Mzc2MDE@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Line em up. nuts to butts.

Almost rolled out of bed laughing. So many great quotes you have to watch the eps again just to remember some you missed from laughing at others.

Boy that Russ Hannerman nailed the current market. Lose money and people go crazy to buy your stock.

Like others have said not too crazy with the new lady in Gregory's role but I'm liking the addition of Russ so far.

So with the first 3 episodes of S2 underway, this show really seems to strike a great balance between the bro relationship and antics of "Entourage" while keeping a slow-burn type comedy similar to "Louie". Silicon Valley doesn't have AS many one-liners as you might think, but makes up for it with situational comedy and life-like interactions.

I think it has a great balance, and actually throws in more elements than just pure comedy. A true insight into the mind of a programmer and some of these high rolling SV execs. It feels real, and that's what's great about it.

I'm glad fake Mark Cuban is now in my life to fill the void left by fake Peter Thiel (RIP)

Bar has been raised for Silicon Valley last night. IMO, the best episode to date.

Some of the best moments *Spoiler*

• Belson introducing the Hooli phone, having it get blasted by the youths, and then comparing the product's failure to the likes of Vista and the iPhone4.
  • The AV/Network issues during the MMA fight and the subsequent freak-out by Belson is #328 on the "all to close to real life in IT" moments of the show.
  • The SWOT Analysis of "Letting Blaine Die".
  • Blaine finding out about the SWOT analysis of "Letting Blaine Die".
  • Someone finally taking a shot at Gilfoyle, likening him to a ferret that gave up on itself.
  • "You literally tore double asshole a third asshole!" and that entire revelation/scene.

Never felt the need to re-watch an episode of any show, but will be doing just that tonight.

“...you could argue that billionaires are actually treated worse, and we didn't even do anything wrong.”

Gavin Belson as a character is tremendous

Just started watching this. Binged watch season one and the current season. Really funny show. The quote about billionaires was classic.

It's the best show on HBO ever since GOT has apparently hired Walking Dead's writers to maximize their profits with entire seasons of filler.

I've heard great things about Veep and will probably start that soon.

\Thread

Well.. not end thread. Because this show is just so damn good, couldn't end it there. Good season premier the other night. A lot of buzz going around that Judge and company are so spot on to Silicon Valley and these tech companies that the lines are seriously blurred between what's a joke and what's not.

And TJ Miller is one of my favorite stand-ups. Youtube him when you get the chance.
I work for hooli, the show is bang on the money, even down to the brogrammer stereotype...

Season 3 has been strong so far. Can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did during the horse scene in the most recent episode.

Reactions: Clive Gollings
Season 3 has been strong so far. Can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did during the horse scene in the most recent episode.
Yup. They even showed the horse nut drip out....gross and hilarious at once.

ADVERTISEMENT