ADVERTISEMENT

Sihiem King

Never saw a 40 time on him but he never got run down from behind in a good Georgia division.

Never saw a 40 time on him but he never got run down from behind in a good Georgia division.

4.38 - He ran that at 2 different camps.
The kid is a monster. Aside from him scoring 40 TD's last season in Georgia's highest division of football (and being the Georgia offensive player of the year), he was 2nd team All-American according to USA Today. Don't let the ranking fool you, the kid is dynamite. Has a natural vision for the field, and insane cutback abilities with a real burst of speed. Dawson was recruiting him to WVU, then brought him here.
Link as proof that he was selected to an All-American team, because we have people that just need proof to believe anything at all..

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/american-family-insurance-all-usa-football-second-team

Reactions: UKcats60
www.hudl.com/athlete/1396163/sihiem-king

Was just searching all of the class coming in....watching this really made me feel better after we lost that other RB whatever his name was.

Offensive POY in Georgia

www.hudl.com/athlete/1396163/sihiem-king

Was just searching all of the class coming in....watching this really made me feel better after we lost that other RB whatever his name was.

Offensive POY in Georgia

He's a heck of a player, the 4.38 is probably fudging a little but he is very explosive in and out of his cuts with great vision and balance. In the state championship game he was held pretty much in check by one of our states football magnet schools that probably had 8 D1 players on the field and about half of them P5 players for about 3 and a half quarters. He got loose for some nice runs late but didn't get the huge numbers, but the other team was keying on him the entire game, they knew he was there.

Had an offer from Mike Leach (for all the ML lovers out there).[winking]

He's a heck of a player, the 4.38 is probably fudging a little but he is very explosive in and out of his cuts with great vision and balance. In the state championship game he was held pretty much in check by one of our states football magnet schools that probably had 8 D1 players on the field and about half of them P5 players for about 3 and a half quarters. He got loose for some nice runs late but didn't get the huge numbers, but the other team was keying on him the entire game, they knew he was there.

Yeah, not an eye-popping game, but I think he had a very solid one, 125 yards and 2 TD's. Archer gets recruited pretty heavily from what I've seen. The star of an undefeated team that hasn't won a state title since 1994, that says a lot about the kid.

Had an offer from Mike Leach (for all the ML lovers out there).[winking]

Also had offers from Georgia Tech, Florida, and Auburn. 3 great offensive minds (I consider Florida's new coach a great offensive mind, the other 2 have done the talking themselves). A lot to be happy about by getting this kid.

Yeah, not an eye-popping game, but I think he had a very solid one, 125 yards and 2 TD's. Archer gets recruited pretty heavily from what I've seen. The star of an undefeated team that hasn't won a state title since 1994, that says a lot about the kid.

Nothing against the kid, but both of those schools are whats wrong with HS sports, both of them bring kids in from all over to fill needs of the team every year. The really sad part of is, both of them would have gotten wore out by Buford which is 4A. If a professional athlete or a college coach has a son that playes football he goes to Buford. Program is crazy for a HS program. They have 2 turf fields for practice, 2 stadiums, the JV isn't allowed to play in the big one, a weight room bigger than UGA's. Kids from all over Atlanta and the surrounding counties go there, and it just isn't football, of course football has won something like 9 out of the last 10 state championships for the class they were playing in that year. Girls BB is a powerhouse, boys is pretty good, baseball won state in the last couple of years and the country club sports. No doubt the top athletic school in the state regardless of classification, 4A school, which means under 1100 kids, but will have over 130 in the football program, all dress for state championship game, their sideline is a site to see. I know that has nothing to do with King, just one of my rants on one of pet peeves about schools recruiting players, sorry.

Nothing against the kid, but both of those schools are whats wrong with HS sports, both of them bring kids in from all over to fill needs of the team every year. The really sad part of is, both of them would have gotten wore out by Buford which is 4A. If a professional athlete or a college coach has a son that playes football he goes to Buford. Program is crazy for a HS program. They have 2 turf fields for practice, 2 stadiums, the JV isn't allowed to play in the big one, a weight room bigger than UGA's. Kids from all over Atlanta and the surrounding counties go there, and it just isn't football, of course football has won something like 9 out of the last 10 state championships for the class they were playing in that year. Girls BB is a powerhouse, boys is pretty good, baseball won state in the last couple of years and the country club sports. No doubt the top athletic school in the state regardless of classification, 4A school, which means under 1100 kids, but will have over 130 in the football program, all dress for state championship game, their sideline is a site to see. I know that has nothing to do with King, just one of my rants on one of pet peeves about schools recruiting players, sorry.

Thanks for those insights Grumpy regarding Georgia HS Athletics. I don't know if the staff had Mr. King's verbal several weeks prior to NSD, or if they only got it just a few days before. In any case, from the outside looking in, after you know who gave UK the high hard one, Mr. King was a great pickup for this staff. They far exceeded my expectations of who we could possibly get on such short notice. I'm really excited about having this young man on the UK roster.

BTW, Grumpy you're one of my favorites posters on this site; please keep bringing I!!!

Reactions: WildcatAL77
From Grumpy's post above:

"Nothing against the kid, but both of those schools are whats wrong with HS sports, both of them bring kids in from all over to fill needs of the team every year."

I agree 100%, and Bishop Gorman has done the same thing in Nevada, the state championship game is a joke now. Possibly will drop off some since their high school coach was just hired by UNLV, but still they have awesome facilities, their "recruiting room" was MUCH better than UK's before the upgrades. Trinity came close for a while also but I think they have fallen off a bit, but I don't keep up with them.

It just isn't fair competition for schools with a fixed area from which to draw their player to have to compete against teams that can shall we say recruit players from a pool that has no boundaries. Trinity and Saint X in Louisville are prime examples of this on the Kentucky High School football scene. The fact that their student bodies are all boys just adds to the inequity.

Thanks for those insights Grumpy regarding Georgia HS Athletics. I don't know if the staff had Mr. King's verbal several weeks prior to NSD, or if they only got it just a few days before. In any case, from the outside looking in, after you know who gave UK the high hard one, Mr. King was a great pickup for this staff. They far exceeded my expectations of who we could possibly get on such short notice. I'm really excited about having this young man on the UK roster.

BTW, Grumpy you're one of my favorites posters on this site; please keep bringing I!!!
agree agree agree... nice posts... i'll watch with interest the progression of King here and Harris there... Harris had stated that he envisioned himself playing in a certain style O... Perhaps King did also... When the dust settled and we had our new OC, Harris went south and King came north... Don't much care how it goes down at Bama, but I'm liking the direction we're heading... I have a much more positive outlook now than I did with the other staff... With the other staff I could hope, with this one I am enthusiastically confident....

Was pleased with the # of broken tackles. very determined runner. Thanks for the post.

He's also already played in a system that is similar to ours. Reminds a bit of Mr Boom Williams with his explosiveness. Be interesting to see how much PT he can get this year. Not sure if he is able to RS with our limited depth at RB.

After the whole Berea recruit debacle getting this kid was a tremendous last minute save for the staff at the RB position. Great skill set for the type offense Dawson is running and will compliment the RB roster if there is some injury issues as the season goes on. If possible, be nice if they could RS him, but do not think that will be an option with only 3 viable RB options on the current roster.

Reactions: ukalum1988
From Grumpy's post above:

"Nothing against the kid, but both of those schools are whats wrong with HS sports, both of them bring kids in from all over to fill needs of the team every year."

I agree 100%, and Bishop Gorman has done the same thing in Nevada, the state championship game is a joke now. Possibly will drop off some since their high school coach was just hired by UNLV, but still they have awesome facilities, their "recruiting room" was MUCH better than UK's before the upgrades. Trinity came close for a while also but I think they have fallen off a bit, but I don't keep up with them.

It doesn't hurt that the Fertitta family are bankrolling their athletic department either.

I'm telling you, everyone is going to know who King is before he's finished. He is one hell of a football player. Very elusive and faster than a dirt road lizard. I think it's an honor to have him on the roster. I can see a lot of explosive plays in his future.

From film, it appears his wiggle and shiftiness is better than Locke's. If he has Locke's speed ..... Wow

Locke was a 4.2 guy that was an extreme straight ahead running that set long jump records in track. King has all the speed he needs for his style which appears to me to be more of the shifty, well balanced Mark Higgs style.

Locke was a 4.2 guy that was an extreme straight ahead running that set long jump records in track. King has all the speed he needs for his style which appears to me to be more of the shifty, well balanced Mark Higgs style.

Boom Williams is probably more comparable to Locke. Could potentially be better. Everything I've seen from him shows me that he could be better. Brown just underutilized Boom.

Boom Williams is probably more comparable to Locke. Could potentially be better. Everything I've seen from him shows me that he could be better. Brown just underutilized Boom.

Re Boom and being underutilized, don't forget he missed time with a concussion.

Not sure about the Higgs comparison. Higgs had a very thick lower body, his thighs were enormous.

Re Boom and being underutilized, don't forget he missed time with a concussion.

He missed the USC game due to a suspension as well.

74 carries. I also remember wondering why in the world Brown wouldn't play him in the Mizzou game (made me incredibly angry, and even more-so when Mikel Horton was doing very well, and Brown didn't play him anymore).

74 carries. I also remember wondering why in the world Brown wouldn't play him in the Mizzou game (made me incredibly angry, and even more-so when Mikel Horton was doing very well, and Brown didn't play him anymore).
I could be mistaken, but I believe Scott had the call on which backs to go with during the game.

Reactions: optimus-blue
No knock on Brown but IMO he had one foot out the door as soon as he arrived at UK. I hope Dawson is better than him and stays at UK much longer. Swinging door coaches are not a good thing.

Yeah, Locke had a nice burst and was super fast, but his feet and hips were not quick. He did not have the lateral quickness I see in King's video.

IMO, Boom is a much better football player than Locke ever was.

I would love to see Boom get double the carries this year. At least. He averaged 7.5 carries per game. I would love to see us have a true feature back that gets 20 - 25 carries a game. I don't see that happening. But I would like to see at least 15- 1 for him. That could push him up to 90 - 100 yards per game.

I would love to see Boom get double the carries this year. At least. He averaged 7.5 carries per game. I would love to see us have a true feature back that gets 20 - 25 carries a game. I don't see that happening. But I would like to see at least 15- 1 for him. That could push him up to 90 - 100 yards per game.

I think he could definitely get 15-20 carries per game. His body should be able to handle it (He may be up to like 210-215# now?).
I really hope we get the ball to him more. Simply an outstanding playmaker, and i see Sihiem King being cut from the same bolt of cloth. I wouldn't necessarily call King a last minute option. He was recruited to UK by Dawson, who was recruiting him to WVU while he was the OC there as well. Very dynamic, explosive backfield. Can't wait to see them running with Jacob Hyde (I believe it was him?) blocking for them out of the backfield.

Reactions: UKcats60
ADVERTISEMENT