ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: How is Anthony Davis possible.

He's insanely good. He's in excellent condition and you can tell he's put on some serious muscle since at uk. I've always wondered why cal never allows any bigs to shoot from outside if they have an open look. I know ad wasn't a known outside shooter while at uk but he could still hit it if left wide open. Towns was the same, look at what he did at the combines.

Love what AD is doing, but his success is just another reminder that it took Cal having what might be the best player of this era (LeBron aside) to win a title.

Two number one picks in this thread but Cal could have done it better. :) Sounds like the last season was a bust crowd...:)

Its true man. It took the #1 and #2 overall picks, one of them being a transcendent star to win the title and Cal still tried taking the air out of the ball at the end of the game, requiring MKG to make the block of his life to seal the game for us.

Not trying to hi-jack a thread but the talent keeps piling up, hopefully the titles to match that talent will pile up as well.

Come on cut nets. Weren't you also the one who had the spot in comparison of Davis=Henson? If so your opinion and assistance needs to be published in a thread going on now. It's titled "what topic thread pops up that makes you roll your eyes?" You are very much needed there

Reactions: SosaUK
While ant was at UK it was regularly reported that he was the 3rd best 3 pt shooter on the team behind lamb and wilter. Cal has a 5 minute 3pt drill and you have to consistently hit either 45or 50 to have a green light from three in his system. I remember hearing from multiple witnesses that ant was in the group with lamb, wiltjer, and Miller, but his green light was revoked by cal for obvious reasons.

I think Cal letting the air out of the ball at the end of some big games may stem from him losing in the National Championship game against Kansas when he was at Memphis. Probably one of the most epic meltdowns I have ever seen to literally snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. That loss had to sting and probably has influenced some of his end game management since then. Still glad Cal is our guy.

How did this thread get to Cal bashing/questioning? God I hate some "UK Fans" but anyways....AD is the man. I'd take AD over Lebron today. I think if you replace Lebron with AD on the Cavs roster next year AD would 100% lead them to a title (Lebron should as well).

How did this thread get to Cal bashing/questioning? God I hate some "UK Fans" but anyways....AD is the man. I'd take AD over Lebron today. I think if you replace Lebron with AD on the Cavs roster next year AD would 100% lead them to a title (Lebron should as well).

Makes a lot of sense

He's insanely good. He's in excellent condition and you can tell he's put on some serious muscle since at uk. I've always wondered why cal never allows any bigs to shoot from outside if they have an open look. I know ad wasn't a known outside shooter while at uk but he could still hit it if left wide open. Towns was the same, look at what he did at the combines.

Like Jason sai. Jones shot threes consistently. Patrick Patterson also did expand his game as well.

I don't recall Josh Harrellson doing it much.

Davis also started to shoot midrange shot (one step in front of college threes, which was money).

But Coach Cal's focus is to not have players do everything. He focuses on them developing a weapon that can be used at anytime to allow them to get buckets. Then slowly expanding their game.

KAT was getting there, but his primary focus needed to be his post game. I believe ESPN said it, if it wasn't for him developing that post game, he would not have been 1st pick.

Love what AD is doing, but his success is just another reminder that it took Cal having what might be the best player of this era (LeBron aside) to win a title.
Wow just when you seemed to show a trend of well thought out posts you show your spots once again. You use to just complain about lack of shooting which was valid but this last post shows pure agenda........and yes I know your retort will be the 176 but whatever you say about me doesn't make you less a douche.

Wow just when you seemed to show a trend of well thought out posts you show your spots once again. You use to just complain about lack of shooting which was valid but this last post shows pure agenda........and yes I know your retort will be the 176 but whatever you say about me doesn't make you less a douche.

I don't think Ive hidden my thoughts on Cal's coaching one bit. Ive given praise as well and will continue to do both when each are warranted. You are the type of poster that understand Cal has flaws and you choose not to bring them into light or discuss them because of fear that A) they might be true, and B) it might make you look like less of a fan. Thats ok, thats your prerogative. But you can't whine if someone else discusses from time to time some flaws in this never-ending pool of blue-koolaid. No agenda here, Ive been in the open about this for a while.

3 straight shot-clock violations without calling a time out against Wisconsin from a team with 4 top 20 picks in the draft is bad. Say again, 4 players in the top 20, one of them being a transcendent type of player that went #1 overall, and they get 3 shot clock violations. Thats bad. Refusing to go zone against Uconn in 2014 until it was too late is bad. The struggle to defend pick n' roll against Notre Dame (even though we won) was bad. Not watching Wisconsin game film is bad.

Cal is the best in the business, but I think even he would tell you he wishes he could go back and fix his own coaching blunders. Im simply saying that I hope they don't happen again and cost a team with more talent than any other a national title.

"Cal is the best in the business, but I think even he would tell you he wishes he could go back and fix his own coaching blunders. Im simply saying that I hope they don't happen again and cost a team with more talent than any other a national title."

Is not the same as.........

"but his success is just another reminder that it took Cal having what might be the best player of this era (LeBron aside) to win a title"

This last statement is a flat out insult the man you called "the best in the business"

Its true man. It took the #1 and #2 overall picks, one of them being a transcendent star to win the title and Cal still tried taking the air out of the ball at the end of the game, requiring MKG to make the block of his life to seal the game for us.

Not trying to hi-jack a thread but the talent keeps piling up, hopefully the titles to match that talent will pile up as well.
Man I'm sorry. But your takes suck. Do you enjoy life at all? I realize some points you make but damn. Cal has literally taken us from laughing stalk to oh god Kentucky is in the house and he did it in year one. We have contended for a title every single year aside from 2013 since his arrival. A lot of variables go into winning it all. Cal did a really really bad job at the end of the wisc game. But good lord this has been the best time to be a uk fan ever. And I inderstand you aren't a fan of cal. At least you don't front about it. You haven't been for a few seasons I know of. But just sit down and enjoy the ride. Cal isn't done here. We have been to 4 out of the last five final fours. Cal is a amazing player developer and he is a great coach. He can get tight at the end of a game yes. But how can someone have such a negative outlook? We have had more success under cal than we did under pitino. He was worshiped here. Cal isn't even done coaching yet. When he is done I bet we see a few more champion banners because guys want to play here because of him alone. Just enjoy the ride even if you're not a fan of the coach.

This is science right here, people.

He's at least a once in a generation if not a once in a lifetime type player. You look at him now, how his skills have improved in the NBA, and the muscle he's put on, and then remember he still dominated at the college level. One of my favorite UK moments will always be when KU was mounting a comeback in the late moments of the 2012 title game, and AD caused one of their player's to walk just by being there. The guy decided there just wasn't any point in trying to shoot over him. TO, and game over. We've had many greats, but I'm not sure we've had as dominant a player as AD was since Issel roamed the court in the late 60's.

If I was choosing a player today to start my NBA franchise, I'd take Anthony Davis. I think LeBron is still the best player in the league, but that will only be for another couple years or so. Davis is only just now coming into his own. But to say something like "if Davis was on the Cavs he would 100% lead them to a title" is completely asinine and based on absolutely nothing except an inherent bias toward a UK player.

You would need to get a pg to get him the ball, and you need to trade some bigs for some wings. Davis isn't the playmaker to replace what LeBron brings to that roster, so you'd have to make some changes.

You would need to get a pg to get him the ball, and you need to trade some bigs for some wings. Davis isn't the playmaker to replace what LeBron brings to that roster, so you'd have to make some changes.
Not so sure about that. Yeah, AD can't initiate the offense like LeBron, but he isn't exactly playing in PG heaven in New Orleans with Holiday and Evans. It hasn't seemed to slow him down. Swap AD in for Love, replace LeBron with a competent small forward (we'll trade Thompson or Mozgov for that), trot out a lineup of Mozgov (or Thompson)/AD/average small forward/JR Smith (or Shumpert)/Irving, and it would be interesting to see the results.

What I like about Davis is his demeanor. He's a super nice kid and the stardom didn't go to his head. He was a regular guy 5 years ago. That is cool. Dealing in the autograph business a lot, for shows and events, I can tell ya straight up basketball players in the NBA are pure assholes for the most part. I never could figure out why basketball players were such dicks over others like baseball players. But AD is always the same. Great great guy.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Not so sure about that. Yeah, AD can't initiate the offense like LeBron, but he isn't exactly playing in PG heaven in New Orleans with Holiday and Evans. It hasn't seemed to slow him down. Swap AD in for Love, replace LeBron with a competent small forward (we'll trade Thompson or Mozgov for that), trot out a lineup of Mozgov (or Thompson)/AD/average small forward/JR Smith (or Shumpert)/Irving, and it would be interesting to see the results.
I don't think Irving can be your only real ballhandler. New Orleans has a couple guys who are at least decent passers. Davis still needs the ball in his spots if you expect him to carry a lot of the scoring load. Maybe Irving will get better at it playing with James.

He's at least a once in a generation if not a once in a lifetime type player. You look at him now, how his skills have improved in the NBA, and the muscle he's put on, and then remember he still dominated at the college level. One of my favorite UK moments will always be when KU was mounting a comeback in the late moments of the 2012 title game, and AD caused one of their player's to walk just by being there. The guy decided there just wasn't any point in trying to shoot over him. TO, and game over. We've had many greats, but I'm not sure we've had as dominant a player as AD was since Issel roamed the court in the late 60's.

Once in a generation (25 years) player is a stretch since Kobe, Dwayne Wade, Duncan, Paul Pierce, Shaquille O'Neal, and Lebron are part of the same generation and you have players in the pipeline such as Michael Porter, Marvin Bagley and DeAndre Ayton have the potential to be all-stars in the NBA down the line.

Once in a generation (25 years) player is a stretch since Kobe, Dwayne Wade, Duncan, Paul Pierce, Shaquille O'Neal, and Lebron are part of the same generation and you have players in the pipeline such as Michael Porter, Marvin Bagley and DeAndre Ayton have the potential to be all-stars in the NBA down the line.
Once in a generation is almost always an exaggeration, but there is no question that AD is in the 1 percent of the 1 percent- the rarest of the rare birds, a guy with a clear path to the HOF before he's even 25 years old.

Beyond that, your response is totally in-line with the POS troll jackass that you are, Mr. "I voted 1 in the poll about how happy are you with Cal". So stuff any response you wish to make, to anything, ever, in whatever hole pleases you the most.

Last edited:
I always wondered why Patrick Patterson, Terrence Jones, and Josh Harrellson never got to take jump shots.

Patterson shot 69 3's his one season with Cal and Jones only shot 32% from 3 in about 120 attempts.

Once in a generation is almost always an exaggeration, but there is no question that AD is in the 1 percent of the 1 percent- the rarest of the rare birds, a guy with a clear path to the HOF before he's even 25 years old.

Beyond that, your response is totally in-line with the POS troll jackass that you are, Mr. "I voted 1 in the poll about how happy are you with Cal". So stuff any response you wish to make, to anything, ever, in whatever hole pleases you the most.

I'd like to piggy back this for a second.

I think banning is a whiny boy move most of the time, but honesty if you vote in a UK fan poll as a UK fan and expose yourself as a liar on a fans message board it should be an auto-ban, imo. KnowsAllTellsAll even voted a 1, the worst possible vote. lol. Even most trolls went with a 2 or 3.

Only a young unemployed jackass would waste valuable time doing something so insignificant.

Reactions: michaeluk26
ADVERTISEMENT