ADVERTISEMENT

Showtime meets UK men’s basketball

Wish we had hired Riley when Pitino left. Coach or AD would have been fine with me.

I just don’t think it’s realistic to get a guy from the pros with Riley’s level of success. He had 4 rings by that point, and was literally about to win or had just won Coach of the Year the spring Pitino left. He was always going to have a job in the league.

I just don’t think it’s realistic to get a guy from the pros with Riley’s level of success. He had 4 rings by that point, and was literally about to win or had just won Coach of the Year the spring Pitino left. He was always going to have a job in the league.
Does he make 9 million a year? Idk I’m just asking

Also that video with the black board and how it’s laid out pitino was so much more cerebral and focused on the collective psyche of the team. I remember when he took the job and had a program on 27 to explain his methodology to BBN. He set goals and he made sure the players did the little things to meet them. This coach just rolls out the balls no collective psyche. Not in a long time even when we’ve had stellar players

Did we ever go after him? What did he say? I'd imagine it was something to do with not wanting to be involved with recruiting?

Probably, but you never know.

• Haha
Reactions: Ron Mehico
To anyone that believes Pat Riley EVER had any interest in coaching college basketball since the Lakers: I'm selling my oceanfront beach house in Pee Wee Valley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT