ADVERTISEMENT

shawn kirk?

electricat

Sophomore
Sep 5, 2005
evan daniels just said on twitter that uk offered kirk Monday night. 6'6" sg/sf. if true prolly cant read that as good news for our remaining recruits, right?

It's actually Shaun Kirk.

Some stuff came across on him yesterday when he committed to NC State. Apparently he's a hellacious athlete and dunker.

Interesting development and wouldn't appear to be a great sign w/r/t Jaylen Brown.

I believe the class is 2016, but he could clearly reclass or he wouldn't be offered as of now.
He apparently committed to NC State yesterday, and by last night, UK offered him, so he's on limbo now. He's also 6'7, not 6'6, but eh lol.

This was posted on 4/13/15. Extremely athletic and his form doesn't look too busted.

Maybe Cal is striving to get better quality and more athletic bench guys? I know that doesn't fill our immediate needs. Not sure this offer or recruitment would affect any of the 5 stars.

When's the last time Cal offered a 3-star? Maybe Hawkins or Willis, but they were probably offered basically because they're Ky. boys. Seems like all he offers are 5-stars and high 4's...but that may be wrong. Of course there's guys in the NBA who were 3-stars so at some point the star ratings mean little to nothing.

What does this guy do that Matthews can't? Both seem like athletes that aren't great shooters. Only Matthews is better and has chemistry with Ulis.

If we're going to add a guy at his level/ranking, I thought for sure it would be a more sturdy post to add some depth and a different look in the frontcourt. Guess we just want bodies for practice. Apparently Cal watched him in Indianapolis this past weekend and was impressed with what he saw... :confused:

I mean, I don't really care what this kid's game is like, he seems to have a little bit of that Memphis attitude that Cal's teams haven't had since the 1st 2 years here. We could use some street on our team bad.

It wouldn't. But Cal is not offering this guy if he thinks he is getting Diallo or Brown, IMO.

Still don't see what one has to do with the other as far as Diallo is concerned.

Different positions. Radically different kinds of players.

Saw Cal on the news here in Louisville yesterday saying "We have three guys in our lay-up line." Clearly he's looking for bodies. He's also looking for contributors on the wing, so I agree that this doesn't look good for Brown.

But we (badly) need bodies down low as well regardless of what happens with the rest of the class. Just don't see this having any bearing on Diallo...but I could be wrong.

I mean, I don't really care what this kid's game is like, he seems to have a little bit of that Memphis attitude that Cal's teams haven't had since the 1st 2 years here. We could use some street on our team bad.

Memphis and DDMO was what popped in my head.

Reactions: bigc45157
he's 6'6"-6'7", looks to maybe be 200-210 tops. I don't see how that's a "combo forward". Looks like a pretty pure 3 to me. His shooting form is God awul, looks a lot like Wayne Turner. But as long as they go in...

He's combo because he doesn't really have 3 skills. He is like a skinnier shorter poy. Maybe he develops, and I don't mind this as a long term play, but that obviously isn't what this is at this point.

This Kirk kid was going to prep school and reclassify for 2016 until NC St offered him. Doesn't seem like even he thought he could contribute next year.

All of you that are complaining about offering this kid a scholarship are no longer allowed to complain about losing the vast majority of our team each year. You can't only recruit 5* players and expect to have Juniors, Seniors or even Sophomores on your team.

When we ever learn ? 3 star athletic dunkers that can't shoot ? ugh . RECRUIT AT LEAST A FEW SHOOTERS DAMN IT !

The only good thing about this is you know you're gonna have this kid and Mulder for multiple years. He will probably develop into a good player by his Jr year.

ADVERTISEMENT