ADVERTISEMENT

SEC basketball recruiting....Wow

Cawood86

All-American
Feb 20, 2005
Impressive collection of top kids picking SEC schools this year. Ben Simmons and Antonio Blakeney to LSU, Tyler Davis to Texas A&M, Newman to MSU, and of course the 3 UK has so far.

This is what UK needs. A more competitive conference season. It will be better for our seeding and readiness come tourney time especially when we aren't considered the prohibitive favorite like this past season.

Don't worry they will all find ways to still lose to inferior teams while fighting to stay on the bubble.

Reactions: Brando Mac
What UKwizard said. This league has rarely lacked talent. Its coaching and winning that is always missing. LSU, Tennessee and Bama among others have wasted a ton of talent over the years.

Reactions: DJtheJayhawk
I would say that the league has done a lot in the past two years to bring in quality coaches along with scheduling far more competitively in the OOC portion of the schedule.

Top playing and coaching talent across the board...

Aggies, Tigers, and UK all have top classes...State got a top player...

throw in Cal, Donovan, Pearl, Howland, Barnes, and Johnson on the sidelines...

going to be a wild and competitive ride next year...

Reactions: ORCAT

Looking more and more doubtful by the day that he will be back on the sidelines for the Gators next year...

feelsbadman

It's not going to be that competitive. UK will win the league by 2-3 games.

Watch out for Texas A&M. I saw the two guys Tyler Davis and D.J. Hogg play in person a few times, and there is no doubt that they both would have played major minutes this year at A&M. Plus A&M has everyone of substance except Roberson back from a pretty good team last year.

Tyler Davis is a load, and he can play. He is 6-11/270 with skill. Somewhat similar to Cousins, but I'm not ready to quite put him in "Boogie's" class just yet. But make no mistake, Skal will have his hands full with Davis. D.J. Hogg is a very talented small forward, with an off the charts basketball IQ. Hogg nailed a buzzer beater to win the Texas 5A (largest class) championship. I didn't see Gilder and Thomas, their other two commits, but both are supposed to be players as well.

Hell, they took us to 2OTs last year and Jalen Jones didn't play in that game. House might be the top returning player in the SEC. He lit us up for 25.

Just don't get why UK fans want the SEC to be more competitive. UK's struggled against also-rans and numb nut coaches as is, especially on the road. Don't understand.

Very good assessment of where the conference is headed. We now do have some top level coaches to go along with even more high level talent being recruited. Remains to be seen what Jones can now do with the class of recruits he has coming in at LSU. General feeling on this board is that he'll still find a way to mess it up but even he may come out a winner with the talent he will have to put on the floor. Overall, I would agree with truebluewildcat in that this conference is rising fast in both coaching and players, gonna be fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT