ADVERTISEMENT

SDS: Boom SEC's best kept secret

jnewc2

Senior
Nov 22, 2006
This article is worth a read if you have the time. Good look at Boom by SaturdayDownSouth:

Here's a bit of it:

"Williams’ sub 4.4 40-yard dash puts him among the SEC’s fastest players. A handful of plays stand out for Williams during his freshman season where speed was a major factor. The biggest was when he reversed field against Will Muschamp’s defense in The Swamp. Mind you, that was game three. Williams caught a swing pass on the right side of the field, only to reverse course and house it on the left side of the field for a 25-yard touchdown. You don’t do that against Florida’s defense in front of the home crowd, especially in overtime."

Link

Last edited:
nice...cannot wait to see what Boom can do this year! I'm feeling a 1000 yard rusher coming to a backfield near you! Watching him score in that UL game just about made me throw up. We should have won that game. Couple plays away from being 7-5 last year.

Reactions: jnewc2
^I'm not ready to say that he'll get 1000. It's not that I don't think he's capable, but rather I think we are going to use a 3 headed committee.

However, I think he'll get a lot more recognition throughout the conference this coming yr. And I salivate big time thinking how our RB's will do once the o-line reaches maturation (in development and depth) and we get an established passing game.

He may not, but he certainly could. I could see him having a 200 yard game as well. If he stays healthy, I bet he reaches that mark.

ADVERTISEMENT