ADVERTISEMENT

Sandra Bland Controversy - Killed by Cops or Martyr?

Just because I write about these injustices on a message board does not mean that I don't take steps to eradicate the evils I see in real life. These things are not mutually exclusive. I can do both, and I do. What you are still failing to realize is that all of these groups (gays, women and civil rights groups) faced enormous physical and mental persecution when fighting for their rights, even the peaceful ones like MLK, who as you know was murdered for his role as organizer of a non-violent protest movement. What is your explanation for the assassination of MLK? Did he go through the proper channels? The violence you see against oppressed people, provoked or not will continue to escalate as these downtrodden groups fight to level the playing field. The establishment will not just go quietly into the night.
What are you talking about? You are throwing red herrings into the conversation.

Plus, I am pretty sure you dont do much stuff, you are obviously very young. If you have, I apologize, but pretty apparent you are a keyboard warrior. Have you ever had your head bashed in by the police? I have.

All we were saying that its the wrong place to try and end social injustice. Go other places. The cop and you is not it. Its not that hard.

And get off your propaganda high horse, we are making different arguments. No one is saying you have to go quietly in the night, and no one is advocating this. I am telling you to be loud. However, dont march into a dunkin donuts protesting tax codes. Make the right statement at the right place.

The downtrodden should be upset. Hence I advocated the strategies that worked for disenfranchised groups in the past. All we are telling you is dont be a dumbass, yet you are missing that point. No one is saying the cops werent in the wrong. But to think you are suddenly going to save the world by back sassing a cop is moronic.

Just because I write about these injustices on a message board does not mean that I don't take steps to eradicate the evils I see in real life. These things are not mutually exclusive. I can do both, and I do. What you are still failing to realize is that all of these groups (gays, women and civil rights groups) faced enormous physical and mental persecution when fighting for their rights, even the peaceful ones like MLK, who as you know was murdered for his role as organizer of a non-violent protest movement. What is your explanation for the assassination of MLK? Did he go through the proper channels? The violence you see against oppressed people, provoked or not will continue to escalate as these downtrodden groups fight to level the playing field. The establishment will not just go quietly into the night.

Dude, you're comparing the 1950s police in Selma, Alabama to the police of today? The same 50s police that were using water hoses to spray down African Americans? lol

Just can't believe you used the MLK card while LEK was only explaining that you obey what the officer says.

What are you talking about? You are throwing red herrings into the conversation.

Plus, I am pretty sure you dont do much stuff, you are obviously very young. If you have, I apologize, but pretty apparent you are a keyboard warrior. Have you ever had your head bashed in by the police? I have.

All we were saying that its the wrong place to try and end social injustice. Go other places. The cop and you is not it. Its not that hard.

And get off your propaganda high horse, we are making different arguments. No one is saying you have to go quietly in the night, and no one is advocating this. I am telling you to be loud. However, dont march into a dunkin donuts protesting tax codes. Make the right statement at the right place.

The downtrodden should be upset. Hence I advocated the strategies that worked for disenfranchised groups in the past. All we are telling you is dont be a dumbass, yet you are missing that point. No one is saying the cops werent in the wrong. But to think you are suddenly going to save the world by back sassing a cop is moronic.

You continue to assume things about me because I choose to challenge your simplistic view of the situation. You don't know me at all. Agree to disagree. Have a good day sir.

You continue to assume things about me because I choose to challenge your simplistic view of the situation. You don't know me at all. Agree to disagree. Have a good day sir.
Simplistic view? Sure guy. Im not the one thinking that yelling at a cop in the street during an unlawful arrest is going to help the situation and free the injustice of the world. There is a reason why everyone is calling you a child, you are acting like one. My rebuttals have all been to your argument.

And yes, I do know your type. Your the ones screaming of injustice from the keyboard, and never doing anything to help in the real world. Or please, tell me about how many times you have been to protests, or how you get out and volunteer? Please enlighten me on your community activism.

Dude, you're comparing the 1950s police in Selma, Alabama to the police of today? The same 50s police that were using water hoses to spray down African Americans? lol

Just can't believe you used the MLK card while LEK was only explaining that you obey what the officer says.

I used MLK as an example because LEK stated that as opposed to fighting the injustice at the point it happen, folks should go through the proper channels this is what he said that triggered my use of MLK:

Go to the media, take to the streets, protest.

I simply stated that it is not that easy because a great man like MLK practice peaceful protest only to be killed by those that did not want to see the change he sought to bring. I simply wanted to know what his response would be if similar happened today.

I used MLK as an example because LEK stated that as opposed to fighting the injustice at the point it happen, folks should go through the proper channels this is what he said that triggered my use of MLK:

I simply stated that it is not that easy because a great man like MLK practice peaceful protest only to be killed by those that did not want to see the change he sought to bring. I simply wanted to know what his response would be if similar happened today.

I respect your viewpoint. But police can't get away with what they did back in MLK time. Hell, you could unclothe the KKK and find a dozen or so on the local police force.

Yes police reform needs to happen. Yes, there needs to be 3rd party investigations and full monitored body cams when they are on duty. Your approach to fight them in the streets reminds me of some 3rd revolt. That ain't gonna happen here.

hey... don't get pissy with cops and these things won't go down. Seems like a very simple concept, yet we read about things happening so often. Even if you're pissed, still show some restraint and ride it out, be minimally respectful. <---- should be easy.
Except that's not true.

Example: The video posted on the last page

What's my agenda? Since you know so much about me? Tell me what the guy did from South Carolina, in the video I posted above? He followed all orders and was STILL filled with hot lead and then IT WAS LIED ABOUT! Again, in South Carolina another man (albeit he was fleeing) was shot in the back as he ran away and then IT WAS LIED ABOUT!! Does that not concern you even a little bit? Do you think it was warranted? Do you think these are isolated incidents?
Guys like you will never understand my point of view because you don't have my experiences and you don't care to learn about them. I have never been to jail or even committed a crime and I still get treated as a threat. You will never empathize and you don't care to. That sir, is the definition of ignorant. Also, when did being an ignorant smart ass (your opinion not mine) become grounds for arrest?! I can't wait for the day where this police brutality/incompetence starts spilling over onto everyone's front doorstep. America will continue to let police move with unimpeachable power until this happens in a suburban area. Folks like you are the worst, always finding a way to justify and unjust system.

Thats because "guys like me" are sick to death of hearing about your experiences as If the police were some kind of modern day Klan when I know better that they arent. You dont seek empathy, you seek entitlement Its 2015, maybe you should get the chip off your shoulder and get over yourself.

Simplistic view? Sure guy. Im not the one thinking that yelling at a cop in the street during an unlawful arrest is going to help the situation and free the injustice of the world. There is a reason why everyone is calling you a child, you are acting like one. My rebuttals have all been to your argument.

And yes, I do know your type. Your the ones screaming of injustice from the keyboard, and never doing anything to help in the real world. Or please, tell me about how many times you have been to protests, or how you get out and volunteer? Please enlighten me on your community activism.

1. I have yet to state anywhere that I think you should yell at a cop in the streets. Never did that in one post on this thread.

2. No one has called me a child in this thread.

3. Once, again you DO NOT know me as a REAL person.

4. I have been to Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, and Lexington to march with my brothers and sisters against injustice and crime within the black community. I live in Lexington and if you knew me as a real person you would know I spend a great deal of my free time organizing the black community of Lexington so that something like this doesn't happen in our backyard. These people are TRAINED on how to de-escalate issues with law enforcement. I will also be registering voters for the 2016 election and we will be teaching citizens how to be informed voters.

5. It was probably futile to even explain any of this to you. I guess I'm just a keyboard warrior.

you must've missed the part where she refused to put out the cigarette (as stupid a request as it was). Just Fn do it. Really not difficult to reach down in the ashtray of the car and put it out.

But she HASIS SMOKER"S RITES!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats because "guys like me" are sick to death of hearing about your experiences as If the police were some kind of modern day Klan when I know better that they arent. You dont seek empathy, you seek entitlement Its 2015, maybe you should get the chip off your shoulder and get over yourself.

You cant possibly know the hearts and minds of every police officer in this nation. It's foolish to assume you have full knowledge of something like this. I don't think all cops are bad, I know a couple of good ones actually. I do believe that bad hateful people who happen to be cops have a safety net to wield that hate with little to no repercussion.

Also, how can you tell me what I seek? I work hard for everything I own. I'm not on government assistance, as the narrative would portrayed me. I work a full time job and run a small business on the side. All I want is to not to be treated like an enemy insurgent every time I have an interaction with police. Is that too much to ask?

I think one thing that is missing in this discussion is a sense of scale, and the need to keep things in proportion.

I have no problems saying the cop overreacted in arresting her. I have no problem with saying she brought some of it on herself by not having the common sense to suffer through an overly aggressive traffic stop the way almost all of us have had to do, then complain to the authorities.

But here is the point: Whatever happened, it is NOT some SYMBOL for life in America, 2015. It is one tragic, unconnected moment in time involving two people among 315 million in the United States. To take this case, or the South Carolina killings by some white maniac, or the recent stabbing to death in my city (DC) on the subway of an innocent white kid by a black lunatic, or the killing of the woman in California by a deranged illegal immigrant as proof of racism, or that blacks or immigrants are violent is simplistic. And to use cases like those as a call to action, a rallying cry for what is wrong in America, is simple minded.

But for politicians, agenda-driven media outlets and people with a prejudice, it is irresistible.

Terrible things are going to happen somewhere in America every day. Luckily, mathematically, most of us will suffer no direct impact. To fix on those tragedies as an excuse to feel persecuted, or threatened by another group, will only assure that things never get better.

1. I have yet to state anywhere that I think you should yell at a cop in the streets. Never did that in one post on this thread.

4. I have been to Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, and Lexington to march with my brothers and sisters against injustice and crime within the black community. I live in Lexington and if you knew me as a real person you would know I spend a great deal of my free time organizing the black community of Lexington so that something like this doesn't happen in our backyard. These people are TRAINED on how to de-escalate issues with law enforcement. I will also be registering voters for the 2016 election and we will be teaching citizens how to be informed voters.

5. It was probably futile to even explain any of this to you. I guess I'm just a keyboard warrior.
No, but I can tell you get angry to quick with out ample thought into the process, hence your number 5 (that and your inability to dechiper that people have been calling you a child). I appreciate some of the made up stuff you have told me. What does it mean you spend a lot of free time organizing the black community? What does that mean registering voters? The motor voter registartion act of 93 ensures all who get a license or ID are registered voters? Also, what does it mean to be more informed to you?

And yes, the fact you think the main focal point is the escalation point between cop and suspect is a naive view.

People who say you dont know me are kids. You have laid everything about yourself out here. Thank you for that.

Reactions: Willy4UK

I assume you're very proactive about righting the wrongs of the fact that according to the DOJ, 85% of interracial crime is black on white but there's no organization or media to give a crap about that, I suppose. So keep believing this is some massive epidemic because of the news while ignoring that the reality of who commits more violent acts against a specific race does not fit your narrative or agenda.

Curious what someone who would stand up in opposition of the insane amount of black on white crime would be labeled. We already know the answer to that one.

No, but I can tell you get angry to quick with out ample thought into the process, hence your number 5 (that and your inability to dechiper that people have been calling you a child). I appreciate some of the made up stuff you have told me. What does it mean you spend a lot of free time organizing the black community? What does that mean registering voters? The motor voter registartion act of 93 ensures all who get a license or ID are registered voters? Also, what does it mean to be more informed to you?

And yes, the fact you think the main focal point is the escalation point between cop and suspect is a naive view.

People who say you dont know me are kids. You have laid everything about yourself out here. Thank you for that.

Nothing I could say or do would change how you view me. Hence the "made up stuff" comment. Why even ask if you are only going to discount my statement? So you have a great day sir. I will continue to push for what I believe.

I assume you're very proactive about righting the wrongs of the fact that according to the DOJ, 85% of interracial crime is black on white but there's no organization or media to give a crap about that, I suppose. So keep believing this is some massive epidemic because of the news while ignoring that the reality of who commits more violent acts against a specific race does not fit your narrative or agenda.

Curious what someone who would stand up in opposition of the insane amount of black on white crime would be labeled. We already know the answer to that one.

Ok man. Whatever. Like I told LEK. Have a good day sir. I will continue to fight for what I believe. I hope none of you ever experience the ills or evils I have.

Also to any other poster that would like to reply. I will not reply to this thread any longer. I say to you Have good day. I will continue to speak out on and fight for what I believe in. I wish you peace, love and perspective.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
Nothing I could say or do would change how you view me. Hence the "made up stuff" comment. Why even ask if you are only going to discount my statement? So you have a great day sir. I will continue to push for what I believe.

It's cool. Our society likes to enable and encourage us to participate in other people's delusions.

Thanks for ignoring the factual rebuttal to your argument of being targeted and a victim. The media may tell the black community that they are targeted and oppressed by the boogeyman but the reality is, there is a race that is violently targeted by another race but it's not who you claim it is...

Also to any other poster that would like to reply. I will not reply to this thread any longer. I say to you Have good day. I will continue to speak out on and fight for what I believe in. I wish you peace, love and perspective.
I thought you fought for injustice, yet never explained it. You argued the streets with the cop point a gun at you is the proper place to fight injustice?

I have participated in numerous protests, and I have volunteered for years. I like people who put their money where their mouth is. I would think that would be a source of pride for you. Defend it.

Give examples how you fight injustice? I questioned you about registering voters since its an automatic process that takes place when you get any identification cards. So I dont understand. Instead, you say, good day. Pretty weak bail out. All I am left to think is that you are making it up.

You cant possibly know the hearts and minds of every police officer in this nation. It's foolish to assume you have full knowledge of something like this. I don't think all cops are bad, I know a couple of good ones actually. I do believe that bad hateful people who happen to be cops have a safety net to wield that hate with little to no repercussion.

Also, how can you tell me what I seek? I work hard for everything I own. I'm not on government assistance, as the narrative would portrayed me. I work a full time job and run a small business on the side. All I want is to not to be treated like an enemy insurgent every time I have an interaction with police. Is that too much to ask?

Again, get the damn chip off your shoulder and join the rest of us here in 2015. Cops are historically hateful. It comes with the territory.Stop taking it so personal,they are hateful to everyone not just blacks! Many are actually black cops. Coincidentally, it is the hateful sumbitch cop that people want to see coming to their rescue when the shit hits the fan because they know the hateful bastard will get results.
Would have loved to seen how a black Officer would have handled the disrespect by ms Bland.Wonder If he would be considered racist?

Reactions: KingOfBBN
you must've missed the part where she refused to put out the cigarette (as stupid a request as it was). Just Fn do it. Really not difficult to reach down in the ashtray of the car and put it out.
That's not even the same video I was talking about. I'm talking about the one where the dude gets shot after he's asked to get out of his car and get his license. He complied with every wish the cop made. What happened? Dead.

Reactions: coolcat9lives
Whats getting lost in this thread is not what the cop done because other than not being courteous, he pretty much did what he had the authority to do. The real head thats going to roll is the jail staff that didnt make rounds to check on her every 30 minutes.

That's not even the same video I was talking about. I'm talking about the one where the dude gets shot after he's asked to get out of his car and get his license. He complied with every wish the cop made. What happened? Dead.

IMO, poor decision to fire his weapon based on a percieved threat yet unidentified. The guy made a sudden lunge into the vehicle which was odd. I would have drawed my weapon and gave the stop command until I actually seen his weapon...of course then it might have been too late.

Why isn't there as much coverage and outrage every time a black criminal kills a cop? Why does that not get the administration's attention or any of the major networks?

The media is so typical.

Reactions: JustinSphere
How many more years will it take before blacks, media, liberals stop blaming slavery for all the ills that the black community suffer? Black people should take a cold, truthful, hard look at how much Democrats try to help them live a better life. Being on welfare and government assistance for generations is not helping you do better, it is actually keeping you dependent on someone else.

Intent, capability and opportunity. Without those you don't use deadly force. These cops are a sad excuse for Law Enforcement.

She was in jail for assaulting the police officer, and she had yet to make bail. He asked her to put out a cigarette, and then she got combative about it. Many cops will typically ask people to put out their cigarettes so that they cannot be burned by them. She makes a comment like, "I'm in my car, why I got to put my cigarette out?" That's what prompts him to ask her to step out of the car, and when she refuses, it just escalates from there.

Here is the video: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-texas-new-sandra-bland-video--20150722-story.html#page=1

Her family and friends are in denial that she would kill herself. They are using the logic that because she was excited about a new job, there is no way she would kill herself. It's almost as logical as somebody saying, "so-and-so had a job and earned a wage, so they would not kill themself". People kill themselves for pointless reasons all the time. It does make you wonder if she was trying to martyr herself. The "activist groups" are just using it for attention like they always do. She is being labeled by the media as an "activist". I guess anybody who posts an opinion on Facebook is an "activist" instead of "unemployed".

If this wasn't a suicide, then the jail had a highly-coordinated effort with multiple people involved just to kill one person who was basically insignificant to them. There is no logic to why she is dead and why it is a national news story.

God. Do you believe the drivel you write?

I thought you fought for injustice, yet never explained it. You argued the streets with the cop point a gun at you is the proper place to fight injustice?

I have participated in numerous protests, and I have volunteered for years. I like people who put their money where their mouth is. I would think that would be a source of pride for you. Defend it.

Give examples how you fight injustice? I questioned you about registering voters since its an automatic process that takes place when you get any identification cards. So I dont understand. Instead, you say, good day. Pretty weak bail out. All I am left to think is that you are making it up.

I disagree with you on many things, but on this subject ,you are right.

So because people throughout history have been mistreated by police it gives you the right to do whatever the touch you want because there is an outside chance you might not get a fair shake? That's asinine. You have the right to challenge traffic tickets. You are given a chance to state/plead your case IN A COURT OF LAW. Standing on the corner of 5th and Vine for example, is not a court of law.

Why aren't you as proactive for ALL interracial crimes? Are you a racist?

more like "act like a respectful person and comply with orders and everything goes smoothly no matter how irate or pissed off you may be due to your being inconvenienced."

Idiotic. Mouthing of a bit to a cop should result in some disciplinary action - not physical assault and death.

more like "act like a respectful person and comply with orders and everything goes smoothly no matter how irate or pissed off you may be due to your being inconvenienced."

Why is it so hard for some people to accept that some cops are bad and some cops shouldn't be cops? Of course not all cops are bad. Far from it, but making these ridiculous excuses make you look naive and misguided.

Why is it so hard for some people to accept that some cops are bad and some cops shouldn't be cops? Of course not all cops are bad. Far from it, but making these ridiculous excuses make you look naive and misguided.
No, suggesting people argue with police is ridiculous!

I think there should be a "must be this tall to ride" requirement to become a cop.

It would weed out a lot of the little man syndrome that shows ups in half of these videos.

If we as big blue brothers and sisters can't even get along, how can we expect cops and bad guys to live together peacefully? These are the questions that keep me up at night. One love, y'all.

ADVERTISEMENT