ADVERTISEMENT

Sacha Killeya-Jones Comments on Recruitment

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/...al-schools-are-making-moves-for-killeya-jones

“I think a couple of schools are making me a priority,” Killeya-Jones told HoopSeen.com. “Florida has been at every game with two or three coaches. Kentucky has been at pretty much every game, and Duke has been there, too. And North Carolina has been here a lot.”

With offers from Kentucky, North Carolina, Georgetown, NC State, Maryland, Kansas, Florida, Notre Dame, and Wake Forest, along with heavy interest from Duke, college coaches have big aspirations for Killeya-Jones in the future. In fact, one coach sees a comparison to a current NBA All-Star.

“Coach [John] Calipari sees me as an Anthony Davis type player and if I keep developing I can be really good. He offered me a scholarship when I visit Kentucky two weeks ago. They have been following me a lot lately. They have been at most of my games and Coach Cal watched me at the UA All-American Camp. Obviously, they develop a lot of bigs, so I am interested.”

Reactions: flash123
lmao, oh my god what a horrible comparison. Killeya-Jones is not only not as talented as Davis, he doesn't even play the same position. Killeya-Jones is like a versatile PF. Nowhere near the length or defensive ability of Davis. My lord, what a horrible comparison.

That would be like Coach K telling Chase Jeter he's like Jahlil Okafor or something. Just an absolutely horrible comparison, and Calipari is only saying that because of Davis' "star power," not because they're remotely close to the similar type of player. He shouldn't straight up lie to the kid like that.

lmao, oh my god what a horrible comparison. Killeya-Jones is not only not as talented as Davis, he doesn't even play the same position. Killeya-Jones is like a versatile PF. Nowhere near the length or defensive ability of Davis. My lord, what a horrible comparison.

That would be like Coach K telling Chase Jeter he's like Jahlil Okafor or something. Just an absolutely horrible comparison, and Calipari is only saying that because of Davis' "star power," not because they're remotely close to the similar type of player. He shouldn't straight up lie to the kid like that.
What do you want Cal to say to him?

"Well, you're no AD, but you could easily be the next Udonis Haslem"

Why am I not able to put this moron on Ignore. If you're going to let bandwagon idiots infest the board, make sure the Ignore is working.

Reactions: flash123 and SosaUK
Yeah, Coach K would NEVER lie, esp acting like he fainted during his worst season, making it to where his losses didn't count against him, but his wins counted, lol!!!! That was the weakest faint job ever, where he VERY SLOWLY, layed cautiosly on the floor, curled up like a baby, LMAO!

Instead of being so negative about a 16 yr-old recruit, you could add something of value to the discussion if you could suggest a better comparison (in your opinion, as you clearly dont value Cal's). What position did AD play at Kentucky? Pretty sure it was PF. How much have you seen Killeya-Jones play? What strengths does he bring? What is his college projection? You know, ADD something to the convo.

Reactions: KyFord
Cal is smart, and is the greatest recruiter of all time. I will not question what he says to a kid, he knows a lot more than a Duke fan that posts on a UK board.

He mentioned Davis to the kid to remind him that Anthony came to Kentucky and that UK has been putting bigs in the NBA left and right.

Cal developed 4 star Cauley Stein into the 6th pick of a strong draft. He can develope guys and he make them play defense at a high level.

Last edited:

Coach K is a pathological liar.

Reactions: goforitcats

Maybe, just maybe Cal knows a little more about coaching and scouting players than you do. That's what I figure.

If K would have had Okafor lay off the McDonald's cheesebugers and forced him to play some D then maybe he would have been the 1st pick.

Reactions: brianpoe

1. No one is as talented as AD. So calling someone an AD type player isn't saying he's as talented as AD.

2. AD is a versatile PF, so I'm not sure what you are even arguing there.

Reactions: brianpoe and SosaUK

I bet you supported K's efforts to convince Maggette, Brand, and Avery to return when they were all projected lottery picks.

You, your fan base (on whole), and your sanctimonious coach are one disingenuous bunch.

Now run along, and go back and watch the game film from the year you became a Duke fan in the summer of 1992.

Reactions: brianpoe and KyFord
1. No one is as talented as AD. So calling someone an AD type player isn't saying he's as talented as AD.

He's merely being an ass-hat. He tried to play nice for a month or two, but couldn't win many arguments with his sheer lack of logic.

Now he's merely trolling in the vast majority of his posts. The mods are letting him run amuck, which is fine by me because his posts do him absolutely no favors. He's really a poor representative of Duke nation.

Bingo. The Duke fan must have taken reading comprehension classes at UNC.

Reactions: SosaUK
Yeah, Coach K would NEVER lie, esp acting like he fainted during his worst season, making it to where his losses didn't count against him, but his wins counted, lol!!!! That was the weakest faint job ever, where he VERY SLOWLY, layed cautiosly on the floor, curled up like a baby, LMAO!

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Coach K is credited with a record of 9-3 in 1994-1995 season. Research and knowledge are good things.

I'll admit that I didn't do the research myself, and I'm guessing if what I've hear and posted is true that there would be different stats according to what site or who kept the stats, but I've heard that many times and it sure sounds like something K would do, so I'll simply believe what I want just like everyone ASSumes that Cal is crooked! Regardless of his record though, he's a lying scumbag who faked an injury because he's team was struggling and instead of sticking itoutand being there for the kids he recruited, he played like a sick schoolgirl who didn't want to go to school because she was being picked on!

Even if his record for that year was 9-3 that means he still left off the bad part of the year off , and protested that that seaon didn't count even though he recruited all the players and trained them up until " the incident ", lol! He'll never live down his taking the ball home and quiting when the going got rough. Just what I'd expect from coach K AKA RATFACE!!!! I may do some research myself, because I'm not going to simply take the word of a reaface decisple.

I'll admit that I didn't do the research myself, and I'm guessing if what I've hear and posted is true that there would be different stats according to what site or who kept the stats, but I've heard that many times and it sure sounds like something K would do, so I'll simply believe what I want just like everyone ASSumes that Cal is crooked! Regardless of his record though, he's a lying scumbag who faked an injury because he's team was struggling and instead of sticking itoutand being there for the kids he recruited, he played like a sick schoolgirl who didn't want to go to school because she was being picked on!

Even if his record for that year was 9-3 that means he still left off the bad part of the year off , and protested that that seaon didn't count even though he recruited all the players and trained them up until " the incident ", lol! He'll never live down his taking the ball home and quiting when the going got rough. Just what I'd expect from coach K AKA RATFACE!!!! I may do some research myself, because I'm not going to simply take the word of a reaface decisple.

I'm not entirely sure what you wrote, but Coach K did not fake an injury. And no, I don't think that Cal is crooked or is cheating when recruiting at Kentucky. I realize you're face with fans of other schools that will say Cal is crooked, but I have never said that and I don't think he is.

So, when you see a post from me, don't assume the worst. I'm not completely one sided...I can have a debate with multiple points.

Thanks.

So a 6'10, 200 pound PF with a good face up game and soft touch on offense, with great mobility and length on defense, who hasn't scratched the surface of what he could become, isn't able to be compared to Anthony Davis?

Reactions: Aike and NCukcat62
So a 6'10, 200 pound PF with a good face up game and soft touch on offense, with great mobility and length on defense, who hasn't scratched the surface of what he could become, isn't able to be compared to Anthony Davis?
He isn't Davis but he shoots more like a guard than a big forward and has huge upside. Good enough for me.[winking]

except Anthony davis is a versatile power forward. You sir are stupid.

Thought this would be a good place to post what Bleacher Report wrote on K:

"He's petty and he's dishonest. But he has been successful being that way." That's a former parent of a Duke basketball player talking about Mike Krzyzweski, who became the winningest coach in Division 1 history on Tuesday night.

The man's name is Ken Burgess, father of Chris Burgess, a five-star recruit to Duke who was relegated to the bench and eventually transferred. So sure, Burgess may have had some ulterior motives. But that doesn't mean he's wrong.

And on a day when Coach K is the toast of college basketball, it seems like it might be helpful to remind everyone just exactly who we're talking about. There's more than meets the eye. As he once said in an American Express commercial, "I don't look at myself as a basketball coach, I look at myself as a leader who happens to coach basketball." Indeed."

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-basket...-krzyzewski-record-duke-basketball-bob-knight

Right from a Dad of a 5 star. Remember Tubby trying to bring in Burgess?

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Look, Coach K isn't a saint the way the media makes him out to be. He's as competitive and egotistical as every other great coach, BUT...

In this industry, you're going to have some parents/players dislike you.

Burgess was a complete bust. Fathers are the most biased humans on the planet. That's not a story. I guarantee Daniel Orton's father would say the same thing about Calipari.

I would like to hear more about Orton and his problems while at UK. Cal took on Orton and didn't recruit him to Lexington in the first place......seems like a different scenario to me. Burgess and Avery's family members pointed directly at K for how he treated them.

If anyone held something against Cal at UK, it would probably be Matt Pilgrim. I can't think of anyone else who Cal didn't stand up for.

Back to the original topic, all Killeya-Jones has to do is watch Skal develop if he's not planning to commit early.

Wrong. You suck too plus you're a brown noser so get lost.

Didn't know that being a fan of another team means I suck, and commenting about basketball peacefully makes me a brown noser. Good to know, thanks for putting me in my place.

Didn't know that being a fan of another team means I suck, and commenting about basketball peacefully makes me a brown noser. Good to know, thanks for putting me in my place.
You don't suck, bud! You are okay in my book.

ADVERTISEMENT