ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Harrow -- update ?

Ripcord65

Senior
Apr 29, 2009
I see where he announced he's not going to visit St. John's, that he's finished his visits, and that he's going to announce next week. Seems that the Louisville people think they've got him at U. of L.

Anybody heard anything good for U.K. about Harrow?

If he is not smart enough to pick UK over UofL then we don't need him, he's obviously not UK material.

3dgrin.gif

Good news not going to St. John's. In-terms of spotlight and being the "it" spot right now, they are right there in-terms of being a contender for top recruits.

The bad news is that he knows the situation at UK, it hasn't changed since he left NCSU. What UK offers in-terms of coaching and ability to get players of his position to the next level is unmatched. Also, although you can piece things together than if the NBA rule doesn't change and things continue, Teague is one and done, and Harrow has the chance to start next year. However, with the way Calipari recruits, he won't be promising anyone playing time.

It kind of concerns me sometimes when you have the very best on the table and you don't take it right away. Hopefully he's in the mix soon though.

I agree, about "having the best on the table and not taking it right away". Makes me wonder whether Harrow thinks he can cut the mustard.

That's one think I liked about Wiltjer. He didn't have U.K.'s offer for 15 minutes before he'd accepted it. That's the attitude I like.

But ... these kids are all different. Harrow clearly is among the elite point guards in the country. If Harrow signs with U.K. now, Cal will be hard-pressed to get a 5-star point guard out of the class of 2012 - which, of course, just means that Harrow gets all that much more playing time. And, Cal certainly doesn't have a 5-star PG out of the 2012 class locked up yet.

Just MHO, of course.
This post was edited on 5/23 6:34 PM by Ripcord65

ADVERTISEMENT