ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters Bracket Challenge

BARRYN2000......left my email yesterday, but haven't received an email yet. Wondering if you just haven't gotten around to it or if there was an issue. Thanks!

Originally posted by UPSCat4080:
BARRYN2000......left my email yesterday, but haven't received an email yet. Wondering if you just haven't gotten around to it or if there was an issue. Thanks!
A) Check junk email folder
or
B) use "forgot password" feature

You are in the system

Originally posted by BLEEDBLUE444:
Barryn I literally just saw this, or I Wouldent even have started the RR espn challenge, sorry man not trying to step on any toes, I guess I didn't think to look for it in the pinned section

This post was edited on 3/17 11:18 AM by BLEEDBLUE444
I didn't see your post till this morning...signups did seem to stop about the same time.

I not bothered personally...however, the main reason I did it the way I did was so that just anyone (rival fans) could not signup or someone steal a username. By dedicating my time for signup process...we were assured it was just Rupp Rafters members.

As far as I understand it...anyone that see's your password to the ESPN group can signup...like UL Trolls.

Great point!! This is true that anyone can sign up with the password, I guess if anyone dosent have UK winning it all then we will know for sure !

I just used the ESPN format because of the ease and simplicity of it, that's awesome of you to dedicate time like that!!

Great point!! This is true that anyone can sign up with the password, I guess if anyone dosent have UK winning it all then we will know for sure !

I just used the ESPN format because of the ease and simplicity of it, that's awesome of you to dedicate time like that!!
I don't think it was difficult at all to use the site I made but regardless...your ESPN bracket seems to have killed the idea.

I didn't mean that as a knock towards your site at all, Im sure it is awesome, I saw a pic of it earlier in this thread... I was saying that's the reason I personally went with ESPN is because I knew that there would be no maintenance or anything on my end haha... Your concept and especially the idea of the just Rupp Rafters only is certainly the better idea of the two for sure

This post was edited on 3/17 6:34 PM by BLEEDBLUE444

I didn't mean that as a knock towards your site at all, Im sure it is awesome, I saw a pic of it earlier in this thread... I was saying that's the reason I personally went with ESPN is because I knew that there would be no maintenance or anything on my end haha... Your concept and especially the idea of the just Rupp Rafters only is certainly the better idea of the two for sure

This post was edited on 3/17 6:34 PM by BLEEDBLUE444
I thought it was too...but in the end, I'd like participation and if the members here don't care who joins (non Rupp Rafters people) then it's an unneeded step for me to keep refreshing this thread to manually add people....which is why I changed to open registration.

It really isn't a big deal...I build hundreds of websites a year, mostly for clients but occasionally I fire up something for shits and giggles or in this case, pure missionary work.

In the words of Gunny Highway....Adapt, Improvise, Overcome. I've scrubbed the site of any relationship to being a Rupp Rafters only bracket challenge and opened it to anyone. If I had foreseen this in advance....I'd have made the site a bit different.

I have a lot of time to tinker between now and 2016...I'm thinking I might go with a fanbase challenge - separating the site by teams and then creating a special leaderboard where the top brackets from each fanbase are compared in a final challenge. I might even make a mobile app...lots of time to tweak.

Barryn, sounds like some pretty cool stuff you are capable of, please keep us updated on the process, there is also some really fun stuff we could all do, especially now that we know you're capable of websites and apps with relative ease. The app that you mentioned really caught my attention, that would be really cool

Barryn - Your efforts are truly appreciated, and this will be really fun when tourney starts. Can't wait to see what you come up with next year too !

Brackets lock at 12:14 today...

You can self register

screenshot-bigbluebrackets%20com%202015-03-19%2005-16-23_zpsdgu5ekql.png

Bluerupp
joeldshinkle@gmail.com

Already created my bracket. You did a nice job on that site for only 4 hours of work. Thanks for doing this.

Originally posted by BlueRupp:

Bluerupp
joeldshinkle@gmail.com

Already created my bracket. You did a nice job on that site for only 4 hours of work. Thanks for doing this.
That was 4 hours to create the site, layout, style, images, etc...I've been tweaking, debugging and modifying the bracket addon since then.

Working hard on custom coding some analytic's but the way the data is stored in the DB is giving me fits.

Maysvilleky wins the adrenalin junkie award for the Bracket Challenge...didn't get in until 5 min before the lock

in_before_the_lock_3.jpg

Baylor and Iowa St. blew up my bracket. I was really hoping my UNC pick would be WRONG. Harvard had a terrible last 2 possessions.

Originally posted by maysvilleky:

Baylor and Iowa St. blew up my bracket. I was really hoping my UNC pick would be WRONG. Harvard had a terrible last 2 possessions.
Big12 screwed up millions of brackets...I hope the basketball insiders finally realize that B12 teams beating up on each other does not equal greatness.

wink.r191677.gif

You're right, Barry. I still have a chance, as long as I'm the only one who chose UK to win it all!

Originally posted by CatInNC:
wink.r191677.gif

You're right, Barry. I still have a chance, as long as I'm the only one who chose UK to win it all!
If Ok advances to FF...you'll zip right past the field. Maybe not #1 but right at the top.

1st Round-1 point
2nd Round-2 points
S16-4 points
E8-8 points
FF-16 points
Champ-32 points

Leaderboards after 1st round. Max score was 32
sorted by score and signup date/time

Name Score
ok_cats_computer 26
gorerd 26
Letude 26
GreenRiverCat 25
wildcat113 25
Liveblue92 25
big foot 275 25
knotonalog 25
sg24 24
CalipariKy 24
Jkwo 24
UPSCat4080 24
wkucat88 24
ULCard17 24
barryn2000 23
Jerry.Edwards 23
kornucopia 23
ukypug 23
JoshF 23
songsungblue 23
bluerupp 23
docholiday51 23
Ukdc80 22
BigBlueFanGA 22
Blueisbest 22
Maysvilleky 22
CatInNC 22
WildOnKnoxville 22
JCatfan77 21
sjjones 21
Sithlyone 21
joecat 21
jwhite123 21
peterosefan 21
BAM 21
BBNin PA 20
mrj-uk 20
BigBlue1121 20
WestKyCatFan58 20
SWVA WildcatFan 19
Roper92391 19
ukcatsfan2 19
catdaddy4dawmin 18
catsfan3523 18
subsonic66 18
Usleepy 17
KA4Prez 15
bluegrass10 15

Originally posted by barryn2000:
Maysvilleky wins the adrenalin junkie award for the Bracket Challenge...didn't get in until 5 min before the lock

ec
It was closer than that. Thanks for your help Barryn2000 in getting logged in. I curse Baylor, Iowa St., and Villanova!

Bigfoot did a nice job with his picks.

ADVERTISEMENT