ADVERTISEMENT

Rules of the Paddock

-LEK-

All-American
Mar 27, 2009
Model Citizen. Zero Discipline.
So with the calling of the mods lately, it seems appropriate to have a discussion about what the paddock is.

1. Its funny to see someone cry. Everyone here will insult you. You know why? We dont like you.

2. The paddock is not a place where you call the mods. The paddock requires thick skin. Its not a nice place, we are not your friends. Find a regular thread to do this. GYERO, MMA, Wrestling, D-League are all threads that have been going on for years.

3. No one will tell you what GYERO means.

4. When asking for advice or making a thread, fully expect either no response, or to be made fun of by at least 10-30 posters. This isnt attention whore land.

5. The paddock you are given a lot of freedom. Dont be a complete dumbass or do, that is hilarious. Thats it.

I am pretty sure there are other ways to navigate, but whatever, it boils down to dont contact mods, you are a big boy/girl. Over here even the mods will make fun of you. It has taken posters years to navigate around here. This isnt sunshine pumper land were we are all wildcat friends. Go back to rafters for that. There is paddock lingo. You will figure it out.

It's like a white wash 4chan for UK basketball fans. I'm so pro-paddock it hurts.

So with the calling of the mods lately, it seems appropriate to have a discussion about what the paddock is.

1. Its funny to see someone cry. Everyone here will insult you. You know why? We dont like you.

2. The paddock is not a place where you call the mods. The paddock requires thick skin. Its not a nice place, we are not your friends. Find a regular thread to do this. GYERO, MMA, Wrestling, D-League are all threads that have been going on for years.

3. No one will tell you what GYERO means.

4. When asking for advice or making a thread, fully expect either no response, or to be made fun of by at least 10-30 posters. This isnt attention whore land.

5. The paddock you are given a lot of freedom. Dont be a complete dumbass or do, that is hilarious. Thats it.

I am pretty sure there are other ways to navigate, but whatever, it boils down to dont contact mods, you are a big boy/girl. Over here even the mods will make fun of you. It has taken posters years to navigate around here. This isnt sunshine pumper land were we are all wildcat friends. Go back to rafters for that. There is paddock lingo. You will figure it out.
re-read this one "This isnt attention whore land " and apply to this post.^^^^^^

PADDOCK%20CIRCLE%20JERK_zps6ir69ljc.png

Pretty much. Took me longer than anyone to grow thick skin, figure out the in's / out's, do's / dont's, and still sometimes eff it up. It is kill or be killed, and it is not for the soft hearted, atta boy crowd. For sure not a "everyone gets a ribbon for playing league."

Last edited:
And always pay your gambling debts. Nobody likes a Welcher. If you feel strong enough about a take to put money on it, lose, you pay.

You forgot to add climate change in number 2.

I like charts, and links to vast internet sites devoted to one side or the other. I nearly always stop what I am doing at the office and spend several hours reading and studying intensely.

Reactions: dgtatu01
The only thing good about myspace was my outstanding background of the milky way

I tore that mother up. Hooked up with at least five babes from MySpace, my first foray into the fabulous world of social media/online dating. You'll never hear me badmouth that wonderful site.

when I first started posting on CatsPause I didn't even know what the Paddock was. I had the GYERO bastards calling me out on the Paddock for posting on Patrick Patterson's MySpace (when it was a violation to talk to recruits LIKE SRSLY OMG!!!!) and doing weird ass MySpace interviews with the likes of Perry Stevenson and Marshall Moses. Once I found the Paddock I took a beating. I hated em all. I secretly wanted em all to die.

Over the course of a decade I realized it was I that was the problem for being a naive dipshit teenadult. Not them.

That's the recommended training/getting used to the style period for the Paddock. A decade (or more). Learn it.

It's remarkable the number of former enemies GYERO now counts as regulars. We'll grow on you like a fungus.

The Paddock has had its ups and downs. The telling on posters was getting out-of-control because so many thin-skinned pussies insisted on staying rather than going back to Rafters where they flourish.

This place is at its best when the reigns are loosened and those pussies get run off.

When you think of what the Paddock isn't, think OSUJim.

One unwritten rule is to completely exaggerate how upset you are when Kentucky loses to be the ultimate super fan. One guy breaks the TV remote? Screw that, I just broke a beer bottle over my wife's head and then threw my son through a window cuz I bleedz blues!!! I've legitimately seen a post where someone has claimed that they literally cried when Calbert Cheaney was named NPOTY over Jamal Mashburn. Literal tears. And not a soul called it out as ridiculous or b.s.

TBH I always feel embarrassed for the super fan posts. Most are cringe-worthy.

ADVERTISEMENT