ADVERTISEMENT

Rondo and Karl already having problems

never lked carisle and im starting to dislike Karl. I think they are a surprise playoff team if he stays out of the way. It's a players league. He will be the one to screw it up, but the media will blame rondo and cuz.

Reactions: BigBlueTom1
I was hoping for the best with Rajon going to Sacramento with Demarcus , but looks like it is going to be a match made in hell.
I am starting to think he may be the problem. Too many problems with different coaches .
I still hope for the best for him though. Hopefully they can get on the same page.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...th-coach-george-karl-not-going-well/ar-AAfrrbT
Rondo was actually joking. An article came out today in which Rondo said he was kidding, it has been going great.

No surprise there. I'm rooting hard for the Kings but I don't see this season going well....gonna be nonstop drama.

never lked carisle and im starting to dislike Karl. I think they are a surprise playoff team if he stays out of the way. It's a players league. He will be the one to screw it up, but the media will blame rondo and cuz.

Seems to be the same player problem at every stop.......sometimes it is the player.

People were against him when he first stepped foot in the league.

players that want to win more than anyone else like rondo and cuz is why I have any interest in the joke that is the nba.

Reactions: .S&C.
The kings have a ton of talent and WCS looked good last game, but I don't see this season ending well.

players that want to win more than anyone else like rondo and cuz is why I have any interest in the joke that is the nba.
They don't want to win more than most players. That's just laughable. Rondo is just notoriously hard to deal with and doesn't get along with coaches.

Reactions: RipThru and UK90
'Rondo is just notoriously hard to deal with and doesn't get along with coaches.'

maybe Rivers should have cut him then. When they were winning titles.

I wouldn't get along with a couple of the coach's he's had as well.

I remember his draft night. Even though he was picked as low as 23, they trashed him nonstop, bilas who had sang his praises as the best pg in his class two years prior, was really tearing him down. Rondo came into the league with rep of being uncoachable, well because of a crap college coach. Heaven forbid that someone should suggest that coach was the problem, lay it on the kid, like was common with top players at uk during that era.

Reactions: .S&C.
'Rondo is just notoriously hard to deal with and doesn't get along with coaches.'

maybe Rivers should have cut him then. When they were winning titles.

I wouldn't get along with a couple of the coach's he's had as well.

I remember his draft night. Even though he was picked as low as 23, they trashed him nonstop, bilas who had sang his praises as the best pg in his class two years prior, was really tearing him down. Rondo came into the league with with rep of being uncoachable, well because of a crap college coach.
You do know that Doc Rivers almost fought Rondo and they clashed multiple times during their tenure together though? Carlisle is a title winning coach, don't disrespect him. The Dallas Mavs made up an injury just so he could go away during the playoffs and the teammates voted to not allow him to get his playoff share.

Reactions: RipThru and bigbuf
"Carlisle is a title winning coach, don't disrespect him."

Larry brown won, carisle won, who cares it's a players league. What does the coach have to do with it in the nba, like they listen to him anyway. They get their money and want to go home, that's what I have seen. I would welcome someone onto the team that wanted to fight with me if I was a coach in the nba.

I will be rooting for rondo and cuz to prove the media and the "segment" of uk fans that hate them wrong this year. Looks to be an exciting team in a deep Western Conference.

Karl and Rondo are fine. Just messing around. Anybody who has watched the Kings in the preseason know one thing: The Kings are going to be good this year barring injury. Rudy Gay is in his prime and is badass right now. Cuz is tough, Rondo has looked good, WCS has been a defensive anchor and Bellineli gives them a decent shooter. I like the kings this year under Karl. You watch and see. CUZ makes the playoffs this year and the little bitch teams like golden state better watch out!

Reactions: W2R
Doesn't matter if either are UK players. Both are assholes. I tolerate each but expect nothing from either. They are both thugs. Accept it.

Reactions: WitnessGreatness

This is completely absurd.

If Rondo "wants to win more than anyone else", he can have a weird way of showing it. Rondo flat-out quit on the Mavs in the playoffs last year. His performance was an absolute disgrace, about as unprofessional as you will ever see. As for Cuz, if he really wants to win so much, he should show a lot more regard for things like not committing a ton of turnovers and stupid fouls, and not completely losing focus on defense. And also stop being Rasheed Wallace junior with the refs.

I actually think the Kings' Island of Misfit Toys might work out better than people expect. Rondo has always been at his best when he's been given a lot of leeway by the coach, and Karl, though he's had many, many clashes with players, actually does give them a ton of freedom on offense. If Karl and Rondo can mesh, I think Rondo will be able to have a positive influence on Cousins, and get him to buy-in and forget the crap that happened in the offseason. If none of that happens, then the Kings will be a dumpster fire, and neither Karl or Cousins will likely be there come next fall. Rondo probably will be, but only because no one else will want him.

Doesn't matter if either are UK players. Both are assholes. I tolerate each but expect nothing from either. They are both thugs. Accept it.

sure thing. I also accept that George Karl is the ultimate c**t when it comes to nba coaching.

And you're a jackass, using code for racial slurs. Accept it.

"As for Cuz, if he really wants to win so much, he should show a lot more regard for things like not committing a ton of turnovers and stupid fouls, and not completely losing focus on defense. And also stop being Rasheed Wallace junior with the refs"

subjective and biased for someone who loves the media like you do.
When are the refs going to pick on one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen, paul? When he's not in every commercial? You really need to just cut out the sportscenter altogether.

The second half of your post, I can kinda sorta of get on board with.

Last edited:
I was hoping for the best with Rajon going to Sacramento with Demarcus , but looks like it is going to be a match made in hell.
I am starting to think he may be the problem. Too many problems with different coaches .
I still hope for the best for him though. Hopefully they can get on the same page.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...th-coach-george-karl-not-going-well/ar-AAfrrbT
Karl is a little long on tooth and can't change either.. I know Rondo can be tough, but if the coach would let him run the team like he did with the Celtics, then Rondo could be a star again... Karl was going against Cousins, even before he got to the team... He has his preconceived notions, and Rondo is in that same category... I think maybe Karl needs to change a little, not that he's a bad coach, but he hasn't coached these type of kids...

Reactions: kat57 and MOX-MOX
Rondo might be one of the most overrated pgs that I've watched in the last 10 years or so. Teams wanted him to go off in the playoffs because they didn't fear him. They feared Pierce, Garnett and Allen. I just can't like an NBA that gives up wide open layups to try and get an assist on a contested 2 and cared more about that assist record than actually winning. Also, he literally quit on the Mavs and they teammates just wanted him to go away.
I highly doubt that a notorious player that doesn't get along with coaches and a coach that notoriously doesn't get along with pgs are just joking around about not getting together when they know the story it could be.
I like Cousins though.

"As for Cuz, if he really wants to win so much, he should show a lot more regard for things like not committing a ton of turnovers and stupid fouls, and not completely losing focus on defense. And also stop being Rasheed Wallace junior with the refs"

subjective and biased for someone who loves the media like you do.

The second half of your post, I can get on board with.
Excuse me, but I think you need to look up subjective in the dictionary. There's absolutely nothing subjective about the fact that Cousins was 2nd in the league in TO's per game, behind only Russell Westbrook, or that he led the league in fouls per game, and was 3rd in technical fouls (which was actually an improvement, as he had led that category for the 2 years prior).

As for his defense, that is more subjective (and by most accounts, he's greatly improved the last 2 years), but you won't have to look too far to find multiple clips of Cousins completely losing his guy, seemingly forgetting that he's supposed to be guarding someone.

Rondo might be one of the most overrated pgs that I've watched in the last 10 years or so. Teams wanted him to go off in the playoffs because they didn't fear him. They feared Pierce, Garnett and Allen. I just can't like an NBA that gives up wide open layups to try and get an assist on a contested 2 and cared more about that assist record than actually winning. Also, he literally quit on the Mavs and they teammates just wanted him to go away.
I highly doubt that a notorious player that doesn't get along with coaches and a coach that notoriously doesn't get along with pgs are just joking around about not getting together when they know the story it could be.
I like Cousins though.

U suck!

Reactions: W2R
I like Cousins though.
You like Cousins? Karl didn't at first, has he changed his mind.. Did you watch Rondo when the Celts were playing great... He was one of, if not the best PG in the league then....IMO

Reactions: W2R and kat57
"but you won't have to look too far to find multiple clips of Cousins completely losing his guy, seemingly forgetting that he's supposed to be guarding someone."

that's what willies for!!

"I just can't like an NBA that gives up wide open layups to try and get an assist on a contested 2 and cared more about that assist record than actually winning."

in his prime, best defensive pg, ive seen. Im only 30 though. Ppl have always wanted to discredit him for some reason. Makes me think that the way things went down here at uk and the way the media reacted to it when he entered the nba put a huge chip on his shoulder.

The guy could defend, he could facilitate, penetrate, and distribute like no other, what you need in a point, BUT he couldn't shoot!! That meant he sucked!! Thats all you have heard his whole career, and yet it's the kentucky fan's who support him that are the ones with the agenda.

Reactions: CUT-NETS and W2R
You like Cousins? Karl didn't at first, has he changed his mind.. Did you watch Rondo when the Celts were playing great... He was one of, if not the best PG in the league then....IMO
Yes I did as the Celtics played against LeBron for many years. "Playoff Rondo" was created for a reason. It was because opposing teams wanted that to happen. He literally hunted and scratched and clawed to get his assists no matter if it costed the team two points and he also played with like 3 HOFs which helped him out a ton. You can make a huge case that Rondo could have been replaced for a random average pg and the Celtics still would have won a title. The game passed him by a long time ago. You can't win with rely on a pg that can't shoot.

These were the days they were going far in the playoffs.. I can't remember, but didn't Boston win a championship with Rondo?

"You can make a huge case that Rondo could have been replaced for a random average pg and the Celtics still would have won a title."

an yet he racked up great assist numbers without the big 3. lose the agenda.

Usually when you say that a very good PG, Rondo, took his team to a championship, you get crickets...

[roll][roll][roll][roll]
Yes I did as the Celtics played against LeBron for many years. "Playoff Rondo" was created for a reason. It was because opposing teams wanted that to happen. He literally hunted and scratched and clawed to get his assists no matter if it costed the team two points and he also played with like 3 HOFs which helped him out a ton. You can make a huge case that Rondo could have been replaced for a random average pg and the Celtics still would have won a title. The game passed him by a long time ago. You can't win with rely on a pg that can't shoot.

Is their a dislike button?? I'd really like to dislike this post.

I remember his draft night. Even though he was picked as low as 23, they trashed him nonstop, bilas who had sang his praises as the best pg in his class two years prior, was really tearing him down. Rondo came into the league with rep of being uncoachable, well because of a crap college coach. Heaven forbid that someone should suggest that coach was the problem, lay it on the kid, like was common with top players at uk during that era.

Such shameless apologism. Yeah, it's all his coaches' fault, poor persecuted Rondo. Hell, I guess now even Jay Bilas is in on the conspiracy against Rondo.

And, fwiw, the rep did not begin with Tubby like you suggest, it was even before that. I remember even back during his high school and AAU days Rondo had this reputation for having a difficult personality that his coaches and teammates struggled to get along with, and I remember scouting reports citing it as the big "question mark" when UK recruited him.

So if this is supposedly some bad rap, then it's been a remarkably consistent one following him everywhere he's ever been. His schoolboy coaches, Tubby, Doc Rivers, Rick Carlisle, all reportedly had problems with him (plenty of reported problems with his teammates over the years too, btw). Hell, perhaps you can even add Coach K and Colangelo to the list, as it's been reported that he was essentially blackballed from the Team USA program because of attitude issues in the summer 2010 when he was part of that world cup team's training camp.

But that's all their fault, never Rondo's, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: MWes11
ADVERTISEMENT