ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals still has us at #3 in the class........something doesn't add up

KMKAT

All-American
Sep 17, 2003
Duluth
Personally, I think our numbers are better than Duke, and Arizona is ahead of us.

Example #1: Murray is highlighted here along with the 5 ranked players....

http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...siere-ben-simmons-jaylen-brown?xid=nl_siextra

Example #2: Murray is included and Rivals shows him #15 of 2016, so you know that's off base.

IMO, the rankings shouldn't be completed until the first semester.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1703221

Just wanted to put it out there............We essentially have 3 of the Top 10, so Rivals need to do the correct thing and clean up their rankings.

You can't tell me Murray isn't better than Thornton (Duke) or Simon(Arizona).

Arizona's class sucks...

#1 Recruit or top 5 recruit is better than two top 20 talents....

But i don't think Rivals really adjusted the ranking after Mulder or Murray's commit.

They probably just didn't update their rankings. Definitely better than Arizona, in fact ESPN had UK ahead of Arizona pre Murray, and it's up for debate against Duke. However with our upperclassmen, all were former five star recruits, UK is a top three team and with a shot against Duke to prove number one early on.

It's not where you start it's where you finish. I could care less about being ranked or unranked as long as it leads to 9. Personally, I hate being the favorite lior last year. It really doesn't matter because we will get everyone's best shot, we just need to play our game as cal would say

Reactions: doneitall
The only thing that counts is the last team standing. Having the NBR 1 recruiting class doesn't mean a thing if you don't win it all.
Just Saying.

Arizona's class sucks...

#1 Recruit or top 5 recruit is better than two top 20 talents....

But i don't think Rivals really adjusted the ranking after Mulder or Murray's commit.

ESPN has Duke1 & Kentucky 2 without Murray they need to update there records.

Ahhh they're a bunch of dumbasses I guess dude. We have the best class coming in this year. We have 2 top 5 talents that will be top 5 draft picks. We have another top 10 guard in Briscoe, and Mathews is ranked what? 30somethingth? Duke's right there with us but I mean our class is better than theirs and I don't think its that close.

Does not matter. UK has the best team on paper talent wise, and I would not trade our recruiting class for anyone elses.

Reactions: SosaUK
I can't wait until next year when we use the opposite argument to explain why we should be number one. [laughing] I agree that we should have the top spot this year, but our tunes will change in 2016, just watch.

I can't speak for Rivals, but that still wouldn't give us the consensus #1 class. Matthews kinda screws are numbers.

I can't speak for Rivals, but that still wouldn't give us the consensus #1 class. Matthews kinda screws are numbers.

Hard to tell since Murray isn't ranked in the RSCI yet due to ESPN and Rivals taking their sweet time on updates.

Skal is #2
Briscoe is #11
Matthews is #50

Murray is probably #5 RSCI.

Meanwhile Duke has #4 Ingram, #13 Thornton, #14 Jeter, and #21 Kennard.

So UK is better at the top (Skal vs. Ingram); so does #5 Murray and #11 Briscoe being over #13 and #14 offset Matthews' ranking deficiency verses Kennard? It's close. I think the only way to settle it will be based on how many of these guys are actually transcendent as freshmen.

Murray still hasn't even been added to the 2015 rankings by rivals, for whatever reason. Nowhere to be found, but he is listed as a five star.

Don't matter. Books are closed and cows in the barn. Recruiting class rankings for the upcoming year are about the same importance as navel lint.

Now all that matters is how the team plays. I like our chances.

I will take our class over anybody's.

- Skal 6-11 220 PF/C possibly the best overall player in the class. Can play inside score, rebound, block shots and hit the outside jumper.

- Murray 6-5 190 G probably the hottest guard the class at the moment looking at his performace in the games. Gonna be able to score in bunches at the college level who can play the 1 2 or 3.

- Briscoe 6-4 215 G physical guard who can play either the 1 or 2 and with his size the 3 if needed. Some experts think he is the best PG in this class and I agree.

- Matthews 6-6 200 W really underated and weve never had a bad player from Chicago at UK. I think he will be a big surprise and play really well for us next year.

- Mulder 6-5 190 G JUCO AA who can really jump and shoot. Based on athleticism alone the kid will get some time next year.

- Wynyard 6-10 260 C Still don't know if hes coming after first semester but Cal only has 12 players on the roster so far so he left a spot open for him this year.

Add experienced players like Poythress, Lee, Ulis, Hawkins and Willis we have easily a top 5 team with the ability to win the whole thing as much as anybody else.

Reactions: ymmot31 and jarms24
Hard to tell since Murray isn't ranked in the RSCI yet due to ESPN and Rivals taking their sweet time on updates.

Skal is #2
Briscoe is #11
Matthews is #50

Murray is probably #5 RSCI.

Meanwhile Duke has #4 Ingram, #13 Thornton, #14 Jeter, and #21 Kennard.

So UK is better at the top (Skal vs. Ingram); so does #5 Murray and #11 Briscoe being over #13 and #14 offset Matthews' ranking deficiency verses Kennard? It's close. I think the only way to settle it will be based on how many of these guys are actually transcendent as freshmen.
If you're going by rankings, I would go Duke. Four five stars beats three five stars and a 4 star, even if the mean of our five stars is a little higher than theirs.

If you're going by rankings, I would go Duke. Four five stars beats three five stars and a 4 star, even if the mean of our five stars is a little higher than theirs.

This could be reversed next year when UK adds 4 or 5 guys ranked between 5 and 30 and Duke adds two top 5 guys.

I will take our class over anybody's.

- Skal 6-11 220 PF/C possibly the best overall player in the class. Can play inside score, rebound, block shots and hit the outside jumper.

- Murray 6-5 190 G probably the hottest guard the class at the moment looking at his performace in the games. Gonna be able to score in bunches at the college level who can play the 1 2 or 3.

- Briscoe 6-4 215 G physical guard who can play either the 1 or 2 and with his size the 3 if needed. Some experts think he is the best PG in this class and I agree.

- Matthews 6-6 200 W really underated and weve never had a bad player from Chicago at UK. I think he will be a big surprise and play really well for us next year.

- Mulder 6-5 190 G JUCO AA who can really jump and shoot. Based on athleticism alone the kid will get some time next year.

- Wynyard 6-10 260 C Still don't know if hes coming after first semester but Cal only has 12 players on the roster so far so he left a spot open for him this year.

Add experienced players like Poythress, Lee, Ulis, Hawkins and Willis we have easily a top 5 team with the ability to win the whole thing as much as anybody else.
Matthews is a player that everyone is underrating. He is going to surprise a lot of people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT