ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Toby Keith, Passes Away at 62

This is so sad. He was one of the good ones. My first "real" job after college I would use Toby Keith's "Unleashed" album as the CD in my alarm clock for about 3 months straight. So he reminds me of my early 20's, my first office job, and the 2002 / 2003 period. I played that album on the way to work today. He will be missed.

Taken far too soon...

R.6ca25b3bfa77867d90bdd0dcb14c5383

Pretty wild to think that now Toby is hanging out with Mohammed Atta and the ole gang up in Heaven, sharing some brewskis, having the whole i win some/you win some mutual respect thing being shared and getting past that initial awkwardness. Maybe Toby's writing a new song with them this very second.

Loved Toby Keith. Great American and loved his music from all the way back in the 90's when he first hit the scene. Sad to see him go. From what I've heard it wasn't uncommon for him to go to local bars after shows or between shows and break out his guitar for some impromptu singing with the locals.

Yeah, I knew nothing about Keith other than he was a country singer, but cancer is a bitch that doesn't care about your age, wealth status or demographic.

A guy I played golf with who lived in San Antonio all his life said he didn't know a single George Strait song. I was utterly baffled.........until about an hour later when he revealed his politics. lol. Then I got it. He probably knew many of them but wouldn't dare let on that he did.

A guy I played golf with who lived in San Antonio all his life said he didn't know a single George Strait song. I was utterly baffled.........until about an hour later when he revealed his politics. lol. Then I got it. He probably knew many of them but wouldn't dare let on that he did.
That's bizarre. Why would you be baffled about that? I know who George Strait is but couldn't name a single song he does. I know some of the songs by the old artists, but that's about it. My parents listened to big band/swing and some jazz, and growing up in the 60s and 70s, I was listening to rock and blues, and that's still what I listen to today, along with some jazz.

Reactions: jameslee32
Huh? How does one correlate to the other? I know zero George Straight songs, but it has nothing to do with my political views.

Reactions: JDHoss
Huh? How does one correlate to the other? I know zero George Straight songs, but it has nothing to do with my political views.
Simple...

I'm Libertarian, I like the Megadeth song "Hook In Mouth", a song in which the chorus spells "FREEDOM".

I know a guy who went to UNC, he listens to Pink Floyd - you know, they don't need no education...

Do you live in Texas? LOL, no you don't. A golfer in Texas saying he knows no George Strait is exactly what I thought he'd be.
George Straight is quintessential Texas. Even if he couldn’t name a song, he’s definitely heard them. Just needs to be told who it is.

Stomach cancer sounds awful. It's how Ronnie James Dio went as well. I stayed away from 90s country growing up but Keith was definitely one of the pillars of the genre and seemed like a great dude to boot.

Reactions: funKYcat75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT