ADVERTISEMENT

Reed’s passing

Reed is the best worst passer I’ve ever seen. His court vision is top tier and he can make full court Kevin Love type passes, but….he struggles BAD passing in the half court. It’s like he gets tunnel vision and his pivot foot doesn’t know what to do.
He makes tough passes look real easy and easy passes look tough.
RIP Reed and every player he plays against

Roses Funeral GIF by Un si grand soleil

Reactions: BigTyrone
Reed is the best worst passer I’ve ever seen. His court vision is top tier and he can make full court Kevin Love type passes, but….he struggles BAD passing in the half court. It’s like he gets tunnel vision and his pivot foot doesn’t know what to do.
For those that don't know.... The kid is unreal strong. If you have never passed a ball like those chess passes, try it.. crazy strength

Reactions: Big Foot 275
Sheppard is a great distributor. He also is a Freshman and occasionally makes an ill-advised pass I doubt he would make with more experience. He is obviously the best passer on this team

Reactions: Big Foot 275
That is true, it’s crazy some of the more standard passes he messes up, I think he telegraphs easier passes sometimes. Kinda like his defensive problems, he ball watches or gets tunnel vision as you said and the defense knows exactly when he is gonna pass it and to whom.

Reactions: UKFAN4L
Reed will do that ever so often, Rob, DJ and even Reeves will do it once a game.

It's just a glitch in his game that when he does it, it seems odd because he plays under control more than any other player we have.
Honestly I think sometimes they just don’t lock in. When we are on a run or playing decent defense it’s like a well oiled machine. We will get up 12 to 15 and then it’s like we start thinking the other team will give up and just become lazy especially with passing. It’s crazy because we don’t turn the ball over that much at all. Especially for our pace.

Watching his basketball IQ has been a real eye opener as to how bad the basketball IQ is for a lot of Cal’s guys.
It’s a product of AAU, a lot of top players move 3-4 schools in high schools. Then their AAU teams teach the worst habits. Reed not only had 2 fundamental parents who played but stayed at a local high school who values smart play, and his AAU team played together many years and well.

It’s like John Wall’s KSR interview yesterday. He said much like Rob when he came in he was very flashy and Cal had to pound his bad habits out of him. If you can not make a move and score here in 2-3 dribbles then you can’t be out there. That’s Reed to a T.

Reed is one of the best freshman guards I remembered for a long time, he does make a mistake from time to time just shows he is human.

Reactions: crestcat
We can all watch him in the NBA next year getting double digit assists hitting 50% from the three and wish he was still wearing UK blue. I really don't think we will remember the one or two bad passes he made in a game.

I don't know, I have seen him zip some passes inside to big guys in the half court

I don't know, I have seen him zip some passes inside to big guys in the half court
Yeah, no doubt. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take Reed all day, everyday and twice on National Championship Monday.
His court vision can’t be coached. It’s one of his many intangibles.
I guess my point was, most of his turnovers seem to be the same. They almost always happen during a set play when he is stationary. He doesn’t turn it over much on the move. If he would just audible the play and drive he would never turn it over. 😀

Reactions: JC CATS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT