Mar 13, 2012
Rawle Alkins ‏@Iam_RawleAlkins 4m4 minutes ago Long Beach, CA

1f647.png
1f4ad.png
1f4ad.png
#JustAKidFromBrooklyn
1f3c0.png
pic.twitter.com/nLKG3JFoqW

Not sure that UK really needs Alkins (a lot of that depends on Monk, and Fultz is very similar), but one thing I will say about him is that in every video I've seen, he (physically) looks like a 25 year old guy playing against kids. He's a grown man who would look right at home on a football field. You never know exactly how that's going to translate to higher levels, where he's more likely to run into guys as strong as him, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Not sure that UK really needs Alkins (a lot of that depends on Monk, and Fultz is very similar), but one thing I will say about him is that in every video I've seen, he (physically) looks like a 25 year old guy playing against kids. He's a grown man who would look right at home on a football field. You never know exactly how that's going to translate to higher levels, where he's more likely to run into guys as strong as him, but it certainly doesn't hurt.
He looks that way but he's not a player just using his physical strength to overpower opponents. As you could see tonight, much of the time he lets the game come to him. And he's unselfish. Was one of the top assist guys at Adidas Nations.

If he can shoot the ball like he did tonight consistently, he's the premiere 2 guard in the class. Monk is outstanding, but he is not as physical a player as Alkins. I love his tenacity.

It's going to be a very interesting recruiting year. Monk remains #1 on my wishlist as far as wings go, but if UK ended up with Alkins or Fultz, we'd still be looking at two future top 15 picks regardless. If UK lands two of those three...wow.

Reactions: Smashcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT