ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsey chimes in.... and is sooooo loserville tool about it...

JC for 3

All-American
Oct 21, 2003
This is from a thread on uofl’s Rivals message board entitled: ‘Clear Channel Joined at the Hip with Maddie Jones...

In response to all of the smack and attempts to discredit KSR, I provided a list of KSR's advertisers, a list of affiliates, and even a list of dates and locations of the KSR Sumer Tour. I found t interesting that Ramsey showed up….

Entire message thread here: http://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/clear-channel-joined-at-the-hip-with-maddie-jones.6651/#post-58242

"John Ramsey here.. just wanted to weigh-in and clear up a few things. It seems that the original point of the post was that Maddie Jones is spewing more lies and it seems that his fans are eating it up. I do not speak for Tom Jurich and quite frankly this topic is not worth his valuable time. However, I can promise you that he did not try to "get Maddie off the air" as Jones claims. Hard to imagine that a man who works as hard as Mr. Jurich has time to worry about an idiot who spews venom from 10-1:00 pm. (BTW how does anyone who works listen during that time?) Take a gander at TJ's body of work..seems obvious via UL's athletic success that MJ is not a priority.

I have yet to meet an intelligent UK fan who claims Maddie Bangs represents their program and school in a manner they deem is appropriate. I tried to listen a few times but it became obvious that despite his education he lacks professionalism and integrity. Bad diction, lots of bodily function jokes.. UGH.. Very low road and juvenile.. He insults student athletes, fabricates stories about opposing coaches, administrators, and yes, other radio personalities. To his credit his schtick seems to appeal to a select group. Oh about those great ratings that he claims.. Maddie has built a network of small stations and he combines those numbers to sound impressive. As I stated there is a segment of of BBN that buy everything he says regardless of his lack of integrity. Hard to knock his hustle.. he is compensated well by appealing to those who embrace his negative and combative rubbish. If he were so great why would his show be scheduled from 10-1:00 rather than a morning or afternoon drive slot? His numbers may actually be OK but the number of people that are listening during that time of day is so small it is hard to compare him with other shows. If you can listen during that time then you probably are without a job or you spend much of your day driving. JC for 3.. my show moved from 10-noon to afternoon drive and I sincerely hope that your lack of employment is not the reason you are unaware.

Personally Maddie has attacked me from day one..on his site and on-air. Many have been insulted by Maddie and I feel a bit of pride to be included in his target group (remember he called Coach Cal a cheater before he was hired at UK) . I guess I owe him a "thank you"..despite his intent the publicity was nice. However, he did say one thing that cut me a bit. Maddie claimed I wanted to be the UL version of him. First of all..what an ego! I mean, WHO says that anyone wants to be them? I hold myself to a MUCH higher standard and the UL fan base would run me out of town if I represented them in such a low-class manner. Fortunately for me and all Cardinal fans the success of the UL athletic program speaks for itself. How lucky are we to have so many positives both on the field of competition and in the classroom? No need for negativity when you win national championships, Sugar and Orange Bowls, College World Series, Final Fours, ..not to mention national success in swimming and diving, soccer and tennis. Please check out the new national APR classroom achievement numbers...education is truly a priority with Cardinal Athletics.
Admittedly, I have taken shots at Maddie to defend myself or those he has attacked. The UL fan base has made it clear to me that they expect me to navigate the show with a positive Louisville focus rather than the negative low road that Maddie prefers. I will attempt to represent UL with the excellence and class they have earned and apologize for spending too much time on this topic. Just wanted to express my opinion and passion.

Oh..show is going GREAT! I have a fabulous new partner in Mike Rutherford who is a great guy and good friend. He is respected by Card fans and as intelligent, insightful and witty as they come!
93.9 The Ville. We are an oasis of red in a blue dessert. Please give us a listen!"

'Ramsay Bolton' ...well, played. Hate that guy too.

John Ramsey is the attempt of Tom Jurich's minions to create a sports talk radio host that they hope to be the Loserville equivalent to Matt Jones.

Question..If someone was spewing such lies about you to the point you feel you have to write a book about how untrue they are wouldn't you want to sue for defamation? I know I would, but you have to prove all that spewed bullshit is lies, funny how NOBODY has taken that stand. Pretty simple to me who is lying and who is not. High road my azz..

Reactions: BrowDown23
Like most UL fans, this guy is butt hurt and jealous. Always overstating the accomplishments of UL to impress Who? Oh well, back to our regularily scheduled day. BTW, did not know who this guy was before this, and still don't.

Last edited:
bs2.gif

Tom Jurich and John Ramsey schemed to start a radio station with the intent to take shots at UK. Period. TJ is a total phony and he has nothing but hatred towards all things related to UK. Period.
This is from a thread on uofl’s Rivals message board entitled: ‘Clear Channel Joined at the Hip with Maddie Jones...

In response to all of the smack and attempts to discredit KSR, I provided a list of KSR's advertisers, a list of affiliates, and even a list of dates and locations of the KSR Sumer Tour. I found t interesting that Ramsey showed up….

Entire message thread here: http://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/clear-channel-joined-at-the-hip-with-maddie-jones.6651/#post-58242

"John Ramsey here.. just wanted to weigh-in and clear up a few things. It seems that the original point of the post was that Maddie Jones is spewing more lies and it seems that his fans are eating it up. I do not speak for Tom Jurich and quite frankly this topic is not worth his valuable time. However, I can promise you that he did not try to "get Maddie off the air" as Jones claims. Hard to imagine that a man who works as hard as Mr. Jurich has time to worry about an idiot who spews venom from 10-1:00 pm. (BTW how does anyone who works listen during that time?) Take a gander at TJ's body of work..seems obvious via UL's athletic success that MJ is not a priority.

I have yet to meet an intelligent UK fan who claims Maddie Bangs represents their program and school in a manner they deem is appropriate. I tried to listen a few times but it became obvious that despite his education he lacks professionalism and integrity. Bad diction, lots of bodily function jokes.. UGH.. Very low road and juvenile.. He insults student athletes, fabricates stories about opposing coaches, administrators, and yes, other radio personalities. To his credit his schtick seems to appeal to a select group. Oh about those great ratings that he claims.. Maddie has built a network of small stations and he combines those numbers to sound impressive. As I stated there is a segment of of BBN that buy everything he says regardless of his lack of integrity. Hard to knock his hustle.. he is compensated well by appealing to those who embrace his negative and combative rubbish. If he were so great why would his show be scheduled from 10-1:00 rather than a morning or afternoon drive slot? His numbers may actually be OK but the number of people that are listening during that time of day is so small it is hard to compare him with other shows. If you can listen during that time then you probably are without a job or you spend much of your day driving. JC for 3.. my show moved from 10-noon to afternoon drive and I sincerely hope that your lack of employment is not the reason you are unaware.

Personally Maddie has attacked me from day one..on his site and on-air. Many have been insulted by Maddie and I feel a bit of pride to be included in his target group (remember he called Coach Cal a cheater before he was hired at UK) . I guess I owe him a "thank you"..despite his intent the publicity was nice. However, he did say one thing that cut me a bit. Maddie claimed I wanted to be the UL version of him. First of all..what an ego! I mean, WHO says that anyone wants to be them? I hold myself to a MUCH higher standard and the UL fan base would run me out of town if I represented them in such a low-class manner. Fortunately for me and all Cardinal fans the success of the UL athletic program speaks for itself. How lucky are we to have so many positives both on the field of competition and in the classroom? No need for negativity when you win national championships, Sugar and Orange Bowls, College World Series, Final Fours, ..not to mention national success in swimming and diving, soccer and tennis. Please check out the new national APR classroom achievement numbers...education is truly a priority with Cardinal Athletics.
Admittedly, I have taken shots at Maddie to defend myself or those he has attacked. The UL fan base has made it clear to me that they expect me to navigate the show with a positive Louisville focus rather than the negative low road that Maddie prefers. I will attempt to represent UL with the excellence and class they have earned and apologize for spending too much time on this topic. Just wanted to express my opinion and passion.

Oh..show is going GREAT! I have a fabulous new partner in Mike Rutherford who is a great guy and good friend. He is respected by Card fans and as intelligent, insightful and witty as they come!
93.9 The Ville. We are an oasis of red in a blue dessert. Please give us a listen!"

Reactions: Bigbluetrue
I'm so in the dark on UL's "people"...I thought John Ramsey was the UL President and wondered, why would he be in a squealing contest with Matt Jones...then I googled "UL president" and saw that his name is James Ramsey. So I googled John Ramsey and JonBenet Ramsey's father John popped up. What the hell does he have to do with UL???? So I had to dig even deeper to find out there's some dude in Louisville's media [eyeroll] named John Ramsey...Geeez

The obsession the Cards and their idiot media have with Matt Jones is borderline creepy.

Maybe not even borderline.

Matt is gonna obliterate monkey boy on his show when he comes back from vacation.

I don't think he will. He never even mentions the guy by name. The only time I've ever this guy mentioned on KSR is when the ratings came out (and the UofL show didn't even register) and when they did a skit that basically amounted to "Matt Jones and Oscar Combs are gay!"

Translation for those who don't want to read it all....

"Gosh, I like myself."

All from a man that licks Jurich's butt.

I believe that the following defines UL, its integrity and its supporters. Name just ONE Fortune 500 company or any major public entity, for that matter, that would allow its CEO or face of the company to remain employed after the public scandal and disgrace that BOTH UL head coaches have brought? Yet, UL fans and administration turn a blind eye and deaf ear, as long as the wins and the $$$s roll in. The so-called academic leaders at UL should be ashamed.

I don't think he will. He never even mentions the guy by name. The only time I've ever this guy mentioned on KSR is when the ratings came out (and the UofL show didn't even register) and when they did a skit that basically amounted to "Matt Jones and Oscar Combs are gay!"
That was my first thought when this guy started criticizing Jones' show for being low-brow. Can't get much lower that what Mr. Ramsay has done.

Reactions: Jkwo
I'm so in the dark on UL's "people"...I thought John Ramsey was the UL President and wondered, why would he be in a squealing contest with Matt Jones...then I googled "UL president" and saw that his name is James Ramsey. So I googled John Ramsey and JonBenet Ramsey's father John popped up. What the hell does he have to do with UL???? So I had to dig even deeper to find out there's some dude in Louisville's media [eyeroll] named John Ramsey...Geeez

Same here...wasn't sure if John Ramsey was the UofL pres, JonBenet's father, or the guy who gives financial advice on the radio.

Seems like this guy is just trying to create some kind of rivalry with Jones that doesn't really exist and ride his coattails to some level of fame and success. Matt would be wise to just continue ignoring him.

I will attempt to represent UL with the excellence and class they have earned and apologize for spending too much time on this topic."

As he writes "Maddie" about 20 times. What a truly low-life wannabe. But that is to be expected from that program. I laugh AT Ramsey because he is a pathetic little troll. The steroids have turned his brain to mush.

Never heard of this John Ramsey. The only Ramsey I know is Frank. Thank God I do not live near Louisville.

What's wrong with a blue dessert? The blue Jell-O is not bad at all. I've eaten plenty of birthday cake with blue icing and such. Blueberry cobbler is also good, although you might not want to call it "blue."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dessert?s=t

To paraphrase one of my favorite Cal tweets and ancient proverbs, "the dogs may be barking but the caravan is moving on."

This guy Ramsey is simply trying to use negative remarks about Matt Jones and UK to make a name for himself within the warped and bitter mob mentality culture that has bred at UofL thanks to Jurich and his underlings. They've gotten so sad that the only time I really want to think about them is the 1-2 times a year that we put a beating down on that beak.

Did anybody actually read all of that? Also, this dudes a writer? I can't tell.

I know some people who work at espn 680, here in Louisville. They all say the same thing..Ramsey is a dbag. All the guy talks about is UK.

That post could use a about a dozen more paragraphs. Thanks in advance. :)

Anyone who has ever worked a REAL Job, would know that the 11-1pm time slot is perfect for those of us on lunch hour. By the way, we love your Financial peace show, Mr. Ramsey! [eyeroll]

ADVERTISEMENT